Care

All I Need
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

care

 


***

 

Tomorrow was the final exam for semester one. Joohyun was inside her room as she wanted to do some revision and prepared herself. It  was really cold during the night, so Joohyun changed her clothes into black hoodie and baggy pants. Then, she opened her module file that she haven't done yet.

While she was correcting the wrong content in the file, suddenly her cellphone rang. She looked at the screen and her face brighten up because her mom was calling her.

Without wasting time, Joohyun immediately answered the incoming call.

“Mom!” She called her mom excitedly.

Hearing her mom was laughing, Joohyun's heart softened. How she missed her parents, Nara and the house. 

“Are you doing fine Joohyun?” Mrs. Bae asked since she was a little worried about her daughter because this was the first time Joohyun being far away from her family.

“I'm fine mom. In fact, I'm really happy to study in here.” 

Mrs. Bae let out a relief sigh. “Its good to hear that you're doing fine. Do you make any friends?” 

Hearing the word ‘friends’, Joohyun's mind automatically full with Bogum, Yoobi and Chanwoo. “Yes mom. They accept me although I'm ugly...”

“My daughter is the most beautiful person in this world. Your beauty never fade away although you're wearing that big glasses. You should thanks to your mom and dad's genes.” Mrs. Bae joked before she continued to laugh. 

“Mommmmm~” Joohyun whined. It's natural to her acted like that because whenever she talked with her mom, her childish attitude would come out. 

Mrs. Bae stopped laughing. “Okay. I won't tease you anymore. So, will you come back this semester break? Dad keeps asking me about you although he's busy with work.” 

“I will of course. I miss dad and mom too.” She replied although her heart was a little bit uneasy because she scared if she met Sojin, Chaeri and Seungho again.

“Okay then. Nara and Siwon will go and fetch you okay?” 

“Okay mom. Goodbye and I love you.” Joohyun answered. Siwon was one of her family's chauffeur and he's also Nara's husband. 

“Love you too dear. Take care. Bye.” Mrs. Bae said and she hung up the call. 

Joohyun tossed her cellphone on the bed before heaving a huge sigh. Sometimes, she always wondered how long could she hide herself behind those big glasses and faking her family's background.

But then, suddenly her cellphone was vibrated again so her eyes looked on the screen and saw the caller ID. 

She quickly took her smartphone and accepted the call. 

“Hello?”

“Joo! It's me Bogum.”

“Yeah I know it's you. Why do you call me?”

“Ouch. Can't I call you?” Bogum pretended to be hurt because of her replies.

“Oh please.” Joohyun rolled her eyes.

“Oh please.” He imitated her before let out some giggles.

“You!”

“I what?” He playfully again.

“I'm going to end this call if you're not going to say the reason you call me.” She said in serious tone.

“Okay okay. I'm sorry for teasing you. I just want to tell you good luck for tomorrow! Do your best Joo! I know you can do it!” Bogum cheered for Joohyun excitedly.

Automatically, Joohyun grinned when she heard he was cheering for her. She also felt something tingling and weird inside her heart.

“Thank you Bogum.” She thanked him softly.

After Joohyun thanked him, the conversation had a pause for few minutes.

“Then........” Bogum hesitated. 

“Then..... Uh, bye. Goodnight!” Joohyun quickly ended the call. She knew that her attitude was rude for ending the call without listening his replies. 

She's just afraid if her feelings might change into something that she wanted to avoid. Because she knew how Bogum was. He always being too friendly and easygoing guy towards the females students or males. 

‘You better don't waver Bae Joohyun.’

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 


Finally, the final exam ended and Joohyun couldn't get more happy because she would go back to her house and met her parents. It's already evening at that time but Joohyun couldn't wait for tomorrow so thats why she asked Nara and Siwon to pick up her on that day. 

After packing her things, Joohyun took her luggage and quickly left the dorm. Nara and Siwon would be arrive in 15 minutes so she fasten her speed towards the main gate of the college.

While she was waiting patiently in front of the gate, suddenly her cellphone vibrated so she quickly accepted the incoming call. 

“Hello?” 

“Noona!” Chanwoo called her and his voice was a little bit in worried tone.

“Yes Chanwoo? Why?” She asked.

“Noona, I need your help!” 

Suddenly, Joohyun felt uneasy. “What can I do for you?” 

“Noona, can you go to Bogum's house?” 

“Wh... What?” She was dumbfounded after heard Chanwoo's favor.

“Bogum... He didn't attend the class for 3 days already! I want to go check him but suddenly my father was admitted in the hospital. Please noona...” He begged desperately.

Joohyun's eyes trailed down as she looked at her luggage. She should go back and meet her parents.........

After thinking for a little while, she finally decided. “Give me the address.”

 

 

 

***

 

 


Joohyun bit her lower lips while her eyes scanning the door in front of her. Chanwoo said Bogum stayed on top of a roof, on the 17th floor high rise apartment. It's tiny place compared to apartments back home. 

She shook her head and quickly knocked the door. But, there's no answer, so she knocked again.

“Bogum? It's me, Joohyun.” She tried to call his name but again, there's no answer.

“Bogum!” Joohyun yelled and her hand grabbed the doorknob and turned it.

Click.

The door was not locked. 

Automatically, she's worried about Bogum as she took  a deep breath before stepped into his house.

Her eyes wandered around to search his shadow but he's not there. Draggin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter