Promises

All I Need
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

promises

***

 


Bogum knew Irene gonna asked the question and he also knew that he was wrong. He should tell her sooner about but he completely forgot about Yoojung.

“Yoojung is my sister.” He answered calmly.

“Huh?” Irene looked up at him with confused expression.

“Although we’re not blood-related but she’s like a family for me. She’s one of my childhood friends and we’re also neighbors long time ago.” Bogum finally told the truth behind Yoojung’s identity.

“Before her grandma passed away, she told me to take care of Yoojung since she’s the only granddaughter she has.” He remembered the last wish from Yoojung’s grandma towards him.

“Oh...” Irene replied. No wonder Bogum looked so worried about Yoojung. 

Bogum stared at Irene and noticed the blank expression all over her face. He slowly reached her hand before rubbed them softly. “Hey, don’t get jealous of Yoojung okay? She’s like a sister for me.” He playfully.

Automatically, Irene’s cheeks turned red because he caught her being jealous. “I... I’m not!” She denied although her heart gonna exploded soon because of the jealousy burning inside her.

He laughed loudly when he saw Irene that was pouting sulkily.   “You know you’re really cute when you get jealous.” 

Irene rolled her eyes before she crossed her arms. Deep inside, she didn’t knew why but somehow she’s worried about Yoojung’s existence.

‘Ugh! I shouldn’t feel challenged because of that kid! I will just think her as my younger sister too...’ She coaxed herself.

“Can I meet her?” Irene asked.

“Why not? Besides, I want to introduce my amazing girlfriend too. She’ll happy if she knows you.” Bogum smiled. “Let’s go.” He held her hand before both of them stood up and entered the room that Yoojung was warded.

Irene looked at Yoojung’s weak condition as she felt sorry for her. If she knew that she had an allergic, she wouldn’t make the almond chocolate drink.

“Oppa?” A soft voice called Bogum.

Irene’s heart shaken when she heard the weak voice calling Bogum. Bogum held her hand tightly as they walked towards Yoojung.

“Yoojung...” 

Yoojung smiled slowly when she looked at Bogum that was standing in front of her. But then, her smile disappeared as soon as she saw Bogum’s hand was holding with a lady that she met just now at Bogum’s place.

“Are you feeling better now?” He asked worriedly.

Yoojung didn’t answer but her eyes were fixed on their hands. Noticing the real situation, Irene wanted to pull away her hand from Bogum but instead he held her hand tightly.

Irene stared at him. 

“Yoojung?” He called her again.

“Yeah?” Yoojung finally looked at Bogum.

“I want to introduce you my girlfriend, Irene. Irene, this is Yoojung, my younger sister.”

Irene’s lips curled into a smile. “Hi Yoojung. Sorry about earlier, I don’t know about your allergic.” She apologized.

On the other hand, Yoojung’s heart was crushed into pieces right after Bogum introduced his girlfriend and her heart hurt even more when she saw how happy Bogum was while holding her hand.

Yoojung looked away. “It’s okay.” She replied coldly. 

Hearing the tone of her voice, Irene was sure that Yoojung had a crush on her boyfriend, Bogum. 

Bogum softly smiled. “Why you never told me that you’ll come back today?” 

“I want to give oppa a surprise but I think I’m the one who get surprised.” She answered sarcastically, referred about Irene.

Calming down herself, Irene put a big smile on her face. But then, she felt her cellphone was vibrated as she quickly picked the call.

“Hello?” She answered. “Mom!” Irene’s eyes brightened when she heard her mom’s voice. 

She excused herself and made her way out from the room, leaving Bogum and Yoojung alone.

After Irene left, Yoojung finally looked at Bogum. “Oppa.” She called him.

“Yes?”

She paused. “Since when you’re interested into dating?” 

The question made him chuckled lightly. “Since I met her for the first time.” He answered truthfully. 

Yoojung secretly clenched her fist under the blanket. How she wanted to cry and confess that she liked him for such a long time.

“Why did you choose her? Because she’s pretty?” She asked.

“Pretty is a bonus for me but are you sure that you want to hear my real answer?” 

Yoojung nodded. “Yes...”

Thinking of the reasons, Bogum’s lips turned into a wide smile. He couldn’t help but smiled whenever he thought about Irene. 

“This might sound cheesy but she’s the love of my life. For the first time, I finally learn to love someone and the girl is Irene. I love everything about her especially her smile. Describing how I feel is hard but I just know that I love being around her.” 

Yoojung looked at Bogum’s eyes that was clearly showed that he was deeply in love with the woman she met just now.

“She’s lucky...” She blurted out.

Bogum laughed. “Nope, I’m the lucky one to be honest. By the way, how’s Canada?”

“Great...”

“So, are you staying or you just come back for a holiday?” 

She gazed at him. “I got accepted at Seoul University. You know that college oppa?” 

“Seoul University? That’s my college...” He replied.

Yoojung’s eyes widened. “Is it true oppa?! So, this must be a fate!” She said excitedly and didn’t notice that she already held Bogum’s hand.

The sudden skinship made Bogum startled but he slowly smiled before he patted her head. “Irene and I will show you around the college once you enter. Okay?”

‘It’s always Irene! Irene! Irene!’ Yoojung thought hatefully. “Okay...” She replied unwillingly.

“Yoojung, I need to leave now. Contact me if you come to Seoul.” 

Yoojung stared at Bogum that was walking towards the door. She called him. “Oppa! See you!” She bided her goodbye.

“See you soon Yoojung. Take care.” 

 

 

 


***

 

 

 


“Okay mom. See you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter