IX.

Steel Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next few days were going by peacefully; Wonshik called Taemin and they've met as old friends, Wonshik explaining that Hongbin was really drunk that day so Taemin just laughed it off. Nobody mentioned to Jaehwan anything about androids, so he was his usual a little freaky self and Wonshik had no problem hanging out with him. Until that one thing happened that made their lives a living hell.

 

"In the next following weeks all of the citizens of South Korea are required to do a checkup at their regions' respective medical centers and are to get an implant that will hold their medical as well as personal information. Of course, with that shall also come special detectors all over our country which are going to make our country peaceful and safe place. More information and alphabetical list of checkup schedule shall be provided in the next days."

 ", this can't be happening," cursed Wonshik as they saw the news, sitting in Hakyeon's living room.

"They're crazy, that's invasion in our privacy!" yelled Hakyeon "They are already controlling us and our private live as it is, but that that-- Can they even do this?" he asked dumbfounded and turned to Sanghyuk.

"I'm afraid they can," sighed he "They've been preparing for this for a long time, saying that is for our nation's well fare having all the support of government, which is also as greedy as them to control every move of our citizens. And Korea is not the only one, in this research are involved scientists from all around the world, planning to use the same thing in their countries too."

 Wonshik looked over to Jaehwan genuinely interested in his opinion "This is so scary," he visibly shivered "the sci-fi movies we have watched as kids are no longer as fictional as they used to be. I had no idea we went this far... I don't like it even a bit."

"Well with all the progress at a.i. we've made it's not really as surprising," said Sanghyuk "there are robots, androids everywhere and don't even get me started about cyborgs, technology at every place, making it impossible to even try to live without it..."

"What does that mean to--" quietly asked Hongbin while Jaehwan went to the bathroom and looked in Leo's direction. The latter was just sitting there, staring blankly, holding Wonshik's hand which was the only thing keeping him from freaking out. He knew he was screwed, there was no way to beat the system.

"It means that we are in deep ," said Sanghyuk "but don't give up yet," he tried to give them an encouraging smile "we will figure something out."

“Yeah,” said Hakyeon, who was quick to agree with Sanghyuk. “There is no way that we are going to let something happen to our friend,” he then added and looked at Leo who was still sitting in silence, staring blankly in front of himself.

He knew it that it was it; the secret about him was going to come out sooner than he wanted to. And that would mean that he was going to be separated from Wonshik... taken away and be destroyed. He wasn’t afraid of being destroyed, because he couldn’t feel pain. But he didn’t want to be taken away, because of Wonshik. Leo knew too well how lonely Wonshik was before he made him… he could feel the amount of loneliness and pain the other one went through. He squeezed Wonshik’s hand tighter and his body started trembling, his chest tightening.

“And how exactly are you planning on helping us? Face it hyung… we, I mean I am screwed,” said Wonshik. Even though he didn’t want to admit it, it was the truth. There was no way that he could keep hiding Leo from the world for eternity. The reality didn’t work this way and he knew too damn well that. It seemed so unfair to him… he was finally able to find his true happiness, a person who he loved and would do anything for. But now, everything was going to be taken away from him. Wonshik gritted

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter