VII.

Steel Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Next day Wonshik didn’t want to take Leo to college, but he also didn't want to leave him alone at his apartment. What if someone was to take him away while he was gone? "It’s better if we pretend that everything is normal," said Leo as he hugged Wonshik from behind. "I forged all of the documents so..."

"I know, you're right," Wonshik leaned back into his embrace "We can't just hide here forever, that would be even more suspicious..."

So they got ready and went to the classes like nothing is wrong. In the afternoon they even met with others at the café, where Sanghyuk was frantically typing something on his laptop. "What are you doing?" asked Wonshik and sat beside him.

 "I have to finish my report about those illegal androids due tomorrow," he explained "It turned into a freaking witch hunt. If you turn in an android you get reward money. This is insane!" he sighed.

 "Leo's and Wonshik’s eyes widened but nobody noticed since three man, dressed in black uniforms with earphones walked into the café, going straight to the bar where the waiter was waiting for them.

"It's them," whispered Sanghyuk "check out their signs on their sleeves. I can't believe it, quickly Jaehwan hyung, turn on the camera on the phone, I could use that by my report."

 The waiter then pointed his finger towards them and nodded. Wonshik’s heart clenched "This can't be happening this can't be happening..." he kept repeating and squeezed Leo’s hand, who was as white as the wall. Those men then started walking towards them and at their horror stopped at their table. "Can I help you?" asked Sanghyuk.

"We have no business with you kid," one of them said and turned to Hongbin. “You," he said and suddenly pulled him up.

 "What do you think you're doing to my boyfriend!!" screamed Hakyeon but was silenced with the other guy. "Hold him," the one holding Hongbin ordered to the third guy and he immediately grabbed Hongbin so he couldn't move. The first guy then pulled a long needle from his suitcase and started approaching now really scared Hongbin.

"Nooo! Stop!" was screaming Hakyeon through his tears "You've got the wrong one!" But nobody listened to him and the guy holding Hongbin moved his head down so the other guy could push the needle into the back of his neck. Hongbin let out an ear piercing scream and Hakyeon feel on the ground.

"He's a human," then the guy in black announced surprised. "Sorry kid. We got a call from the waiter that you were an android. I guess he thought that because of your really handsome looks.’’

"I see you're still rookies," said Sanghyuk who was all of this time unusually calm. "It's almost surprising how little clue you have about what you are doing. Looks like they are in a real need to get rid of the androids as soon as possible, so much that they even sent untrained agents on the field." and smirked.

"Shut up, or--"

 "I'm not scared of you." Sanghyuk interrupted the angry agent.

 "Sir, how about that one there? He looks suspicious," then said the next agent pointing at another customer across the room.

 "Don't bother, he's only a cyborg," said Sanghyuk "How am I not surprised?"

 "Listen kid. You better shut up and wipe that smirk off you face or I swear--" but he couldn't finish his sentence since he was interrupted by the ringing sound of his phone. "Special agent Kim," he answered "Yes, sir. No, sir. Yes, I understand. Yes, right now." then hung up. "You're lucky since we have to go now, but if met meet again--" he threatened to Sanghyuk for one more time and they left.

"Amateurs," groaned Sanghyuk and looked at Jaehwan giving him dumbfounded look "You-- earlier-- just-- bam!" he stuttered. Sanghyuk laughed at that and ruffled his hair "What can I say I really like technology. Hongbin are you okay?" he then asked his friend who was hugging Hakyeon, his hair and whispering soothing words in attempt to calm him down. "Yeah, just a little shocked," he answered "and the spot where he stabbed me with a needle is a little itchy, but I'll be okay."

"You're not okay," sobbed Hakyeon "You had just been attacked and I could do nothing to save you. I'm a failure of a boyfriend."

"Don't worry," said Hongbin and kissed his tears away "They were too strong. And I'm okay now." "They were probably trained to be bodyguards or something like that," said Sanghyuk "But were suddenly transferred into different line of work. Hmmm..."

‘’How do you know so much?’’ asked Wonshik who gathered back his senses. ‘’I’ve done a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter