XIII.

Steel Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A few hours later

They've all successfully made it through the check up and could finally let out the breaths they didn't even realize they were holding in, smiling to each other. But not even a minute later a doctor with four huge guards came towards them, saying "Jung Taekwoon?" in a serious voice.

"Yes?" asked Leo quietly, everyone freezing on the spot.

"There have been some technical problems with your checkup. Please follow me to re do it." Wonshik gulped, his vision going all black in the fear that crawled instantly into his body.

 "Is that really necessary?" asked Hakyeon, unconsciously taking Leo's hand, pulling him closer to him and away from those people.

"Sir I'll not repeat myself, if you’re not going voluntary with me, we'll have to use force on you and everyone who will try to interfere." the doctor said without any patience in his voice and slightly nodded his head to the guards who grabbed Leo. "Take him," he ordered and turned around.

"Wait, leave him!" yelled Hakyeon and tried to grab Leo's hand again, but the guards stopped him and pushed him towards shaking Wonshik.

"Seeing you act so suspicious, I'd say there is something special about this kid. I'll be more feral with him then." said the doctor coldly and walked away, the guards dragging Leo after him.

", , ! What have I done?" Hakyeon kept repeating in panic, Hongbin tenderly his back in attempt to calm him down.

"At least you did something," Wonshik finally spoke "I-I couldn't do anything. I couldn't save my--" and fell down on his knees, burying his face in his hands.

"What are they going to do with him?" asked Hongbin quietly but instantly regretted it, since Wonshik started panicking even more hearing that.

"We need to do something!" Wonshik said and stood up "I need to save him, I can't live without him."

"Don't be stupid, they'll kill you," Jaehwan spoke.

"I don't care!" yelled Wonshik "I just want him back!"

"Jaehwan is right," said Sanghyuk incredibly calmly "we can't just barge in.

"Then don't, I'll go alone," said Wonshik and started walking away.

"Hyung, listen--" started Sanghyuk, following Wonshik outside "we'll figure out something. Just don't do anything-- Taekwoon?" Wonshik quickly turned his head towards the way Sanghyuk was staring in shock and widened his eyes. Leo was standing there, leaning on the wall, his clothes torn, blood dripping down his face and it wasn't his.

"My god," gasped Sanghyuk as he saw his left arm was torn away, sparkling wires sticking out from his shoulder where the missing arm was supposed to be.

"Leo!" shouted Wonshik and ran to his lover, hugging him tightly, not caring about the blood. "I thought I've lost you," he cried into his chest, but Leo didn't budge and just stared eerily quietly somewhere into the distance.

"Hyu- Taekwoon?" Sanghyuk heard Hakyeon's voice coming from the exit and cursed internally.

 "Jaehwan! Don't let Jaehwan out!" he shouted to Hakyeon who instantly grasped the situation and ran outside, knowing that he'll get the explanation later. But little did he know that he was too late. Running back to where he left Jaehwan and his boyfriend, he saw none of them anywhere. As he was turning around to go look elsewhere, some people grabbed him and dragged him away just like Taekwoon before. He was thrown into the room with white walls, and the desk with some chairs around it, on which Jaehwan and Hongbin were already sitting, looking very pale.

"Jaehwan?" he said to the shaking boy and came closer to him. "What happened?" he looked at Hongbin, but the latter just shook his head.

"I knew this would happen," Jaehwan sniffled quietly "I just knew it."

"You knew what?" Hakyeon asked and turned to the guards who stood by the door "someone better explain to me what is going on!"

"Your so called friend killed 5 of our guards bare handedly, that's what happened," he heard the voice of someone who just entered the room, a scientist maybe? He had a white cloth. "And you three are in big trouble for hiding an illegal humanoid android."

Hakyeon didn't know what to say. He crashed on the chair, gasping for air. They were screwed. And how did Leo...? They have to get out. But how will they hide even if they manage to escape? They'll have to be on the run for forever then. His head hurt from all the thoughts that kept flashing through his mind.

"I-I tried to stop him. I told him it's a bad idea but--"

"Jaehwan shut up!" he hissed, but instantly regretted his reaction, since Jaehwan broke down and Hongbin gave him an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter