XXI.

Steel Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaehwan didn’t know how long he was just sitting on the floor, his mind completely blank, staring in front of himself. His emotions went numb to the point that he couldn’t feel anything anymore; what was the point anyway? What he had known up until that point was slowly crumbling apart and honestly, he didn’t even see the point of trying anymore. His friends had abandoned him, his lover had betrayed him. And it was all because of Wonshik and his desperation of falling in love! Jaehwan firmed fists with his hands and let out a loud yell, wanting to turn back the time.

Leo and Wonshik had destroyed everything. There was no way that things could ever be normal once again, not after what they’ve been put through up until now. Sanghyuk killed someone and he knew that that must’ve put deep scars into his heart. He gritted his teeth and rammed his fist deep into the wall, wanting to feel pain. Instead, he felt nothing… just big emptiness. Jaehwan got onto his legs and walked over to the bed that he was previously laying on and started tearing the bed sheets apart, hoping that that would somehow satisfy his need to feel something, but it didn’t.

In the end, he fell onto his knees, feeling completely exhausted. Without even caring, he allowed his body to collapse against the cold floor, letting out a small gasp as his warm cheek hit the cold floor. Jaehwan’s eyes closed and then an overwhelming sadness washed over his body, his eyes welling up, and tears streaming down his cheeks and wetting the floor. He felt completely helpless; once again he was completely abandoned by the people that he loved so much. First his parents and brother had left him, and now his best friends were taken away from him.

As he continued lying on the floor, he curled up, buried his fingers into his hair and started sobbing. It was hard to breathe at that point and for some time, all that Jaehwan could really do, was to lay on the floor and sob. The pain his chest was so big that it made it hard to breathe for him and when he placed a hand against his own chest, his eyes widened. Did he still have a heart in there, or it was replaced by a machine as so many other parts of his body were? New tears started gathering in his eyes and he did nothing to stop them, letting them completely wet his face once again.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door and Jaehwan turned into the direction of the door, his face darkening, sadness replaced by hatred in an instant.

“Who is there?” he growled.

“Hakyeon,” said the voice from the other side of the door and Jaehwan could tell that the other was upset as well. “Can I come in?” he then asked, not wanting to upset his friend even more.

“Hyung!” said Jaehwan and got up onto his legs, walking to the door and opening them without giving it a second thought. No matter how much he wanted to be alone previously, he had completely changed his mind when he heard Hakyeon, desperate to talk to his friend. He and Hongbin were the only people that hadn’t stabbed him in the back, yet.

Hakyeon stepped inside, closing the door behind him, his heart breaking when he saw how broken Jaehwan looked, and he couldn’t blame him. As he made a step closer, Jaehwan automatically took one back and his eyes fell onto the floor, unable to bring himself to look at his hyung. Hakyeon tried again, but got the same reaction as before and he sighed.

“Don’t run away,” whispered Hakyeon and Jaehwan finally looked up. God, Hakyeon looked so tired. His eyes were usually so full of life and light, but now they were completely empty. He too didn’t have any more hope left, Jaehwan could see it.

“I’m sorry, I-I am just-”

“I know,” said Hakyeon and gave him a sad smile. “It doesn’t matter to me who or what you are, you know?” quietly stated the older male, stepping closer to Jaehwan and the younger didn’t move that time. “To me you’ll always be the goofy and happy Jaehwan, nothing changes the fact that you are my friend. I want you to know that,” he added.

“Well, ‘that’ Jaehwan is no longer here,” stated Jaehwan bitterly, placing a hand on top of his chest. “It’s all thanks to Sanghyuk and Leo!” he snapped and looked down again. “I know that you’re saying that you’re s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter