XII.

Steel Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next week passed by painfully slowly for all of them. Wonshik was always on the edge with his nerves, because the day that they were going to have to go to the checkup was coming closer.

Wonshik’s friends tried their best to calm him down and Sanghyuk had already told all of them his plan and they went over it multiple number of times. But what was making Wonshik feel ever worse was the fact that Jaehwan was avoiding him even if Leo wasn’t there with him. Plus even though Sanghyuk reassured him that Jaehwan wasn’t going to tell anyone about Leo, he still didn’t feel calm about it. He had a horrible feeling that Jaehwan was going to tell someone about it.

The only thing that was still keeping him sane was knowing that Leo was there with him and that he wasn’t alone. Yes, he had his friends, but none could replace his Leo, who was trying his best to be calm in front of Wonshik because he didn’t want to make him even more upset and worried that he already was. But inside, he was screaming for help. He had faith in Sanghyuk’s plan, but there was still that annoying question present in his mind; what if something goes wrong?

 

It was just a day before the scheduled checkup and that day Wonshik and Sanghyuk plus the others had been on line during the whole day. Wonshik was nervously pacing around his apartment, while Leo could only watch him. He wished that he knew how to calm his boyfriend down, but he didn’t know and that was making him feel even worse.

 “, something is going to be wrong, I just know it. Luck has never been on my side!” yelled Wonshik into his phone and then cancelled the phone call with Hongbin. He then let out an annoyed groan and sat down next to Leo, who was sitting on the couch in the living room.

 “Ughhh, I’m gonna go crazy, I swear,” added then Wonshik and hid his face into his palms. Leo gave him a weak smile and placed his warm palm onto the other one’s back. “I-It’s going to be okay,” he said and didn’t even try to believe his own words, because he knew that Wonshik was probably right.

Wonshik sighed and his whole body trembled at the thought that that might’ve been his last day with Leo. And he was just wasting their precious remaining time together. Wonshik clenched his jaw and swallowed down thickly before lifting his head up. “How can you be so positive all the time?” he asked quietly, but could see worry and fear in Leo’s eyes.

“I try to be… but I’m not,” admitted Leo and sighed. “But at least you should have a little more faith.” Wonshik’s heart became heavy with feelings again and he bit down onto his bottom lip to stop it from trembling. “I know, but how can I?” he asked and brought his hands up to cup Leo’s face, who closed his eyes when Wonshik’s warm hands started caressing his face.

“I’m so afraid of losing you,” whispered Wonshik against Leo’s lips and then kissed him. The kiss was long and desperate and Leo returned him a kiss filled with equal amount of love. Wonshik then wrapped his arms around Leo’s body and that was when Leo finally broke down. The feelings came crushing down onto him when he felt the warmth of Wonshik’s body around his own. He didn’t care that he wasn’t a human, because he knew that he belonged with Wonshik and the fear to be separated from him was almost unbearable.

“Wonshik,” muttered Leo and his lover’s eyes were immediately on him. “Yeah, what is it?” he asked gently and placed a gentle kiss on top of Leo’s head. “P

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter