XI.

Steel Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wonshik was feeling devastated, finally he was happy with Leo, but he was to losing him. He couldn't let that happen, he would rather die without him. As they were slowly walking towards Wonshik’s house, Leo’s hand suddenly found Wonshik’s and the young man stopped, looking over at his lover. Even though Leo was fighting back to show his real feelings; the fear, Wonshik could see right through him and his heart ached. He hated seeing Leo like that; he brought Leo to life so that he could experience happy moments with him and not something like this. Wonshik was scared as well and now the fact that Jaehwan knew as well, Wonshik couldn’t help but to worry; was Jaehwan going to confess to someone out of fear. Then without saying something, Leo continued walking and before they knew it, they reached Wonshik’s home.

“Wonshik, I’m afraid,” suddenly said Leo and Wonshik felt a tightening sensation on his chest. Wonshik’s heart felt heavy and it became hard to breathe. He wanted to say something to Leo that would calm him down, but he couldn’t think of anything. “W-what if Jaehwan tells anyone that I’m… a machine.”

“Leo, you’re not-”

“Don’t,” said Leo and shook his head. “I know that I’m much more to you than that, but don’t… you almost make me believe that I’m a real human being, but,” said Leo and made a short pause. He then looked up at Wonshik and then sighed, placing a hand against his chest. “Inside of here, there isn’t beating a real heart. Even if I can’t feel any physical pain, it still hurts knowing something like that.”

Leo’s voice was small and he had to look away, because he couldn’t handle looking at Wonshik, it hurt him too much. He didn’t want to be separated from Wonshik, he wanted to be with him forever. Wonshik wrapped his arms around the other one and squeezed him tightly to himself, tears gathering in his eyes again. Leo’s words hurt like hell; it felt as if someone was stabbing his heart repeatedly. Leo gently tugged onto Wonshik’s shirt and buried his face into the other one’s shoulder.

“I will protect you, even if my life depends on it,” whispered Wonshik and placed a kiss on top of Leo’s hair. He choked up when he felt Leo shaking in his arms and Wonshik gritted his teeth. “I promise.”

Few hours later they heard loud banging on the door and a screaming voice "Hyung, open the door!!"

"Hyuk, what happened?" asked Wonshik opening doors with red puffy eyes.

"My gosh, hyung," Sanghyuk rolled his eyes as he made his way inside and popped himself on the couch "Don't tell me you made such a perfect humanoid android and had as a little problem came up just given up. Put that intelligent brain of yours, I didn't know you had, no offense, into a good use."

 "You call that a little problem?" yelled Wonshik shocked "And also, did you think I was an idiot, like your boyfriend, or what?"

"Good point," smiled Sanghyuk "and yes, it is a minor problem. I have already managed to hack into their system and rearrange the list, so we are going to get those implants together."

"You did what?" asked Wonshik. "You could do that?-- More important, wouldn't then they even easier figure out

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter