I.

Steel Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wonshik was awakened by the annoying noise of the alarm clock. He lazily opened his eyes and groaned at the look at the time. He realized that he was already late for his first class that he had that day and he rolled his eyes, before getting up into a sitting position. He yawned and then dragged his body into the bathroom, to get ready for the day.

He couldn't bring himself to care. Every passing day was just the same as the previous one: go to class, meet your “we're so in love and perfect couples” friends who he truly loved but still at the same time they annoyed him as hell, since his love life was practically non-existent.

Looking himself in the mirror, Wonshik let out a sigh and then looked down. It really annoyed him when people said that every person in the world had their soul mate. To him, that was just a bunch of crap, in which he didn't really believe. It really hurt him seeing his friends being so happy that they managed to find each other, but he never complained about that to them. He asked himself many times if he would ever be that lucky to find his own “special” person.

“Well, whatever,” he said to himself, shrugged and left the bathroom. He then changed his clothes and headed for his class.

The class was boring, as usual. Then, when it was finally over, he headed towards the café where he was supposed to meet his friends. When he arrived, he saw Hongbin laughing hysterically at something Hakyeon was saying and Jaehwan and Sanghyuk making out in the corner like there was no tomorrow.

‘’Ehem, guys,’’ he said and they finally noticed him.

‘’Hey, Wonshik!’’ Hongbin and Hakyeon said in unison, but the making-out- couple didn’t let be disturbed. ‘’YAH! You two! Knock it off already,’’ shouted Hakyeon and punched them on their heads.

That finally got Jaehwan’s and Sanghyuk’s attention and they looked at the older one. “Don’t be so uptight, hyung,” said Jaehwan and stuck his tongue out, while Sanghyuk kept on glaring at Hakyeon, folding his arms on his chest. Hakyeon only shook his head and then chuckled when Hongbin put an arm around his shoulder, pulling him a bit closer.

“Wonshik!” said Hongbin happily and showed his dimpled smile to his friend. “Is everything alright? You seem kind of… upset.”

“Naah, it’s nothing,’’ he answered and smiled ‘’just bored because of the class.’’

‘’How do you expect to graduate if you’re not interested!!’’ Hakyeon’s motherly side once again broke out.

‘’I’ll manage,’’ said Wonshik slightly annoyed and ordered his coffee as the waiter came to their table strangely eyeing Jaehwan who was trying to stick the straw into his nose.

‘’I had an interesting class today,’’ announced Sanghyuk after he confiscated the straw from Jaehwan who was now pouting. ‘’We were watching a documentary about making humanoid androids, who were looking like the real living people and were really hot by the way, -- no hyung not hotter than you—and then programing their personality into however you want it to be and stuff. It is not as difficult as it sounds, even an amateur could get the right supplies and learn how to make one.’’

Wonshik, who was carefully listening to every word that Sanghyuk said, nodded because he knew exactly what he was talking about. Since programming and electronics were always his passion, there was no way that he could not hear about those androids and he even promised himself to make one. In fact, he was already making one. He was completely fascinated by them. Not only because of their intelligence, but as Sanghyuk already mentioned, they were really beautiful

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter