XVII.

Steel Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wonshik followed Jiho into the next room and as he started looking around it, he noticed that the room was fully equipped with all kinds of computers and other machines, which made Wonshik feel a bit better, there was a possibility that he and Jiho would be able to find out what those bastards have done to Leo.

“Place Leo here,” said Jiho and Wonshik nodded, placing Leo down as he was told to. “Now plug these wires into him,” went on by saying the other one and Wonshik nodded, taking the wires from Jiho’s hand and plugged them into Leo. He then watched how Jiho plugged the other end of wires into his computer and he came closer to the computer screen, wanting to see as well the full damage that was done to Leo.

As Jiho tried to connect Leo’s software with the computer, Wonshik’s eyes widened when he noticed that all of Leo’s data, that he previously uploaded, was gone. When he tried to fix Leo on his own, he hadn’t been able to see the full damage, because he wasn’t able to get into Leo’s system. Those bastards uploaded a virus or something like that into Leo’s software and Wonshik wasn’t able to get past it and rid of it on his own.

Wonshik’s heart started hammering against his chest and he pressed his lips together; why the hell would they do that?! Wonshik had to restrain himself from punching someone and he closed his eyes, the realization finally slowly sinking in. If all of Leo’s data was gone, then so were his memories. Leo in this state was just an empty shell, nothing but a mere robot and at that moment Wonshik’s heart became heavier. He had no idea how to recover Leo’s data.

“, this is bad,” whispered Wonshik and looked at Leo. “Everything’s gone. The months of my hard work… all of it is gone,” he said and bowed his head. “I-I lost him, haven’t I?” he asked. “I tried to fix him on my own, but I wasn’t able to do it. They put a virus into him and I-”

“It looks pretty bad,” was honest Jiho and then started typing in numbers, trying to decode whatever was preventing them the access into Leo's software and see if there could be something done about that.

After a few minutes or so, Jiho finally found a loop hole and he smiled, maybe, just maybe he would be able to do it. That wasn’t the first time that Jiho came in contact with a situation like that. The thing that was preventing Wonshik to fix Leo on his own wasn’t a virus, but completely different software, that was uploaded by the military. Jiho knew far too well that military was the one who was after the androids.

“What I’ve detected is a completely new software, not a virus,” spoke Jiho and Wonshik’s eyes were immediately on him. “It was uploaded by the military; they are basically stealing the androids to use them for their own needs. They say that they want to free the world of androids because it’s supposed to be ‘immoral’ and 'dangerous' for robots to be living among us, but this is just an excuse,” said Jiho and sighed.

“What they are doing is even worse. They use the androids to d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter