DAY 08 - WANNA WORK OUT?

100 Days Dating
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the day Dara’s parents were bound to leave for their Asian cruise. At breakfast, her mom kept on worrying about leaving her and Thunder at home, how they can’t cook their meals and she’s worried who’d clean their house while she’s away. Dara assured her mom that she will be a responsible big sister to Thunder and she’ll clean up and cook while they were on their trip. She told her parents to enjoy their time together and take as many pictures as possible. While her dad reminded Donghae to watch over her while he’s not around. Dara just rolled her eyes at what her old man kept on telling Donghae. She didn’t argue with him anymore as she won’t be hearing her dad’s voice for the next couple of weeks.

 

Before leaving, her dad left both Dara and Donghae a few words. “You two, I won’t be telling you to be good or whatever since you’re already two responsible and consenting adults. So do whatever you want, you have my blessings, arasso?”

 

Donghae shyly smiled, “arasso, Mr. Park”.

 

Her dad frantically waved his hand, “quit calling me sir, from now on call me father”.

 

Dara glared at him, “Dad!!!”

 

Her father gave her a questioning look, “What? He’ll end up calling me father anyways!”

 

Donghae just chuckled, “arasso, abeoji.”

 

She just raised both of her hands, “I give up, I got nothing to do here. Mom, Dad you should go.”

 

“Alright, but remember what your dad told you okay?” her mom said.

 

“You too?!!” she blurted.

 

Her mom just laughed at her reaction, “we’ll go now, take care of yourselves.”

 

When her parents left, Donghae leaned his head closer to her ears, “your dad said to do whatever we want…” he said playfully.

 

She just elbowed Donghae’s stomach, “aish, you want to get hurt badly?”

 

Donghae held his stomach, “I don’t mind getting…” he eyed her and gave her a smoldering look “rough”.

 

Dara lifted her fists, “tell me, which cheek you want me to hit first?”

 

He convulsed with laughter upon seeing her reaction, “I was just messing with you. You really think I’d do that? Or maybe I will if you want me to.”

 

“Lee Donghae!!!!”

 

“Okay, I’ll stop. Let’s go, you’ll be late” he said still giggling.

 

 

Later on at work, Dara surprisingly finished all her work early. She was able to cross out every task she’s written on her to-do list. She still got a lot of time left in the office, so she decided to scan their previous magazine issues – the ones she and Soo Hyun worked on. These aesthetics are so Kim Soo Hyun. We need to change this. Revamp. That’s the first thing on my list if ever I get to be the Art Director. This time, I’ll do things my way. She told herself while she flips through the pages of the magazine. She remember how Soo Hyun usually disregards her suggestions whenever they’d plan out for their recent issue. She just realized it lately that her ideas never really mattered to him or if it did, he’d also take credit for it claiming it was their joint effort. Jerk.

 

A few minutes later, she received a text from her dad.

 

                From: Dad
                Your mom and I are boarding any minute now. Take care of yourselves, we’ll miss you.

 

She replied

 

Have fun! Take a lot of pictures for us. Take care! We’ll miss you too!
PS Bring us something when you get home!

 

A little while later, her dad replied.

 

                Sure, we will. Will fridge magnets be good?
                PS Give us grandchildren when we get home!

 

She was surprised at what her dad told her, this old man!!

 

                Appa!!!! She replied.

 

Her dad replied.

 

                I am being serious, Sandara Park. We’re going now, I’ll talk to you soon.

 

She just shook her head at what her father told her. She won’t be surprised if he already texted Donghae the same thing. Her old man’s really determined.

 

 

 

 

 

At work, Lee Donghae was bored. He’s got nothing left to do. He signed all the necessary documents for several accounts their company’s handling. He was waiting for the design team’s progress report on a current project they’re working on and the clients he’ll be meeting won’t be there until later in the afternoon. What to do? He thought to himself. He took out his phone and played some games but later on he got bored. He watched random funny videos on the internet but not a single video entertained him. Then suddenly an idea crossed his mind, he grabbed his phone and texted.

 

                To: Dara
                Busy?

 

Later on, Dara replied.

 

                DARA: Not really. Waeyo?

 

He quickly typed.

 

                DONGHAE: Nothing. I miss you.

 

After several minutes, his phone beeped.

 

                DARA: WHAT???

 

He didn’t reply. “Really, Sandara Park?!”, he received another message from her.

 

                DARA: I’m waiting for the punchline…

 

He typed in his reply, all in capital letters.

 

                DONGHAE: THERE IS NO PUNCHLINE.

 

She texted back.

 

                DARA: OH. I thought you were just messing with me.

 

He didn’t text back.

 

She texted again.

 

                DARA: Fine. I miss you too.

 

Donghae smiled. Another message arrived.

 

                DARA: NOT.

 

His smile immediately vanished.

 

 

 

 

 

                DARA: Kidding. I really do. Happy?

 

Just like magic, his smile reappeared.

 

DONGHAE: Woman, such a tease! Here’s a picture of my handsome face so you won’t miss me too much.

 

He attached his picture along with his message.

 

Dara replied.

 

                DARA: Did a blizzard just hit Seoul??? Aish so much air!!

 

He laughed.

 

                DONGHAE: HAHAHA. That was the truth. Even your dad says I’m good looking.

 

He immediately got a reply from her.

 

                DARA: Dream on, Lee Donghae!

 

 

 

 

He grinned, and texted her back.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter