DAY 09 - THAT OLD FRIEND

100 Days Dating
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara felt groggy when she woke up. She barely slept last night, though she can’t exactly remember the time she was able to sleep. She scolded herself for overthinking about the things she and Donghae talked about last night. She shouldn’t be that affected but no matter how she tries to deny it to herself, she’s affected by the fact that there’s possibly a special girl in Donghae’s life. She has no idea why she’s feeling this way. When she was still with Soo Hyun, she never got this affected. A lot of girls were close to him but she just shrugged it off. And the fact that one simple bracelet has left her in deep thoughts makes her more confused. Could it be she’s already developing feelings for Donghae? She shook her head, trying to shrug the idea off. Aish, no! It can’t be. This can’t be happening. But another side of her asked, why? That’s supposed to happen, right? That’s why you’re dating him! She continuously shook her head, denying everything. No, Dara! Too soon! Too soon! Then suddenly she heard a knock on her bedroom door. “Who is it?”

“Noona, Donghae-hyung is here. He brought us breakfast”, it was Thunder.

“I’m going down in a bit”, she replied.

“Arasso. Come down quickly, I’m famished.”

She scanned herself in the mirror, yeppuda, she told herself. She came down after she was satisfied with the way she looked.

Dara’s house fell silent, she already missed her morning banters with her dad and her mom’s cooking but she knew they were having the time of their lives. It’s a vacation that’s been long overdue. Donghae brought breakfast just like the usual, the three of them enjoyed a peaceful breakfast together.

Before they left, Thunder was saying something to Donghae. It’s more like he’s whispering something. She wonders what it is. She just shrugged it off, she’ll just ask Donghae about it later.

****

While they were inside the car, Dara had a power nap. Donghae just let her sleep. When they arrived at her office building, he took out his phone and took a picture of her sleeping. “Good thing you weren’t drooling”, he chuckled. He slowly shook Dara’s shoulders, waking her up. “Wake up sleepyhead, we’re here.”

Dara doesn’t want to get up just yet. She’s really sleepy but she needs to work. She forcefully pulled herself up and fixed her hair, “thanks for waking me up, I’ll see you later”, she told Donghae.

“Ya, Sandara Park”, Donghae called her out before she got out of his car.

“What?”

“You forgot something.”

“Huh?” she was confused. She looked around his car and she looked at her bag, “I don’t think so”, she proceeded to open the car door.

“Aish, you’re really getting old.”

“What is it?” she’s no time for his guessing game.

Donghae leaned in and lifted his finger pointing on his cheek, “my goodbye kiss”.

Dara rolled her eyes, “I don’t think it’s in the rules”.

“Woman, do we really have to go by the rules all the time.”

Dara leaned in, “Yes, and as for the ki-”, she wasn’t able to finish her sentence as Donghae has already kissed her on her cheeks.

Donghae just gave her a lopsided smile, “bye Dara. I’ll see you later.”

She attempted to hit him, “aish this guy jumping at every opportunity he gets!”

“Go now, you’ll be late!” he waved at her.

 

 

At work, Dara’s boss told her that the board will be meeting this afternoon and one of their agenda will be her promotion. She crossed her fingers upon hearing the news from her boss. She remembered Donghae’s words last night, Dara you should claim it! Hwaiting! I know I got this.

 

 

Donghae was waiting for Dara at her building’s lobby when he got a call from Eunhyuk.

“Yoboseyo?” he answered his phone.

“Bro, do you have dinner plans?”

“Uh, I was planning to decide on that later. Why?”

“Let’s have dinner tonight, and maybe some drinks afterwards. You can bring someone if you want.”

“Actually I’m with someone, I’ll just ask her. I’ll call you back.”

“I was right after all, you finally decided to date someone now? Who is she? Do I know her?”

“Aish, you called to invite me to dinner or you just want to fish for information?”

Eunhyuk laughed, “I’ve missed out a lot when I was in France, as one of your closest friends, I deserve to be updated”, he joked, “Anyways, let me know if you can make it tonight.”

“Arasso, I’ll let you know.” He hanged up.

A few minutes later, Dara went out of the elevator.

“Oh, you’re early today? Aren’t you busy at work?” She asked him.

“My client meeting ended early and there were just minor design revisions to be done, so I got off early from work”, he explained. “You have anywhere you want to go tonight?” he asked.

“I haven’t really thought about it. How about you?”

“Actually, Eunhyuk, my friend… you remember him, right?”

She nodded.

“He was inviting us to dinner since he just came back from France.”

“He knew about us?”

“He knew that I was dating, but I haven’t told him yet that it’s you who I’m dating. But it’s totally fine if you don’t want to go. We could go somewhere else.”

“Okay. Let’s go have dinner with him.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah. Let’s go, I’m starving.”

“Oh okay.”

Before they left, Donghae called Eunhyuk to confirm that they’ll be joining him for dinner.

“Man, I can’t wait to meet the girl you’re dating!” Eunhyuk said.

“Just wait, you’ll see. We’ll see you in a bit”, he said and hanged up.

 

 

Eunhyuk texted Donghae the place where they’ll be meeting. Later on, Dara and Donghae arrived at the restaurant, walking hand in hand.

Donghae spotted Eunhyuk and they walked towards his direction. He clearly saw Eunhyuk’s reaction. Guess he never thought that it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter