DAY 11 - WHERE ARE YOU??

100 Days Dating
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara woke up the next day remembering that brief moment she and Donghae shared under the rain. Did that really happen? She asked herself. When it already dawned on her that it really did happened, a tiny smile appeared at the corner of her lips, making her feel giddy all over. Just then, she received a text message from the first person she thought of when she woke up – Donghae.

                            From: Lee Donghae
                            Rise and shine. First day as the Art Director. Fighting!

She immediately typed in her phone.

                     DARA: Good morning to you too, Lee Donghae! Are you coming over?

Donghae replied.

DONGHAE: Oh, about that. I might not be able to bring you breakfast and pick you up today, my parents are coming back and they’re asking me to fetch them at the airport. Much as I wanted to bring you with me, I know you’ll be busy on your first day as the AD of the company.

Dara felt a little disappointed as she won’t be seeing him in the morning. Though she understood. Another message came in.

DONGHAE: So sorry I was just able to inform you now, they just called me last night when I got home. I’ll make it up to you, I promise.

 

I know you will. She thought and replied to his message.

DARA: Don’t worry, I totally understand. Send them my regards! I better get going, lots of stuff to do! I’ll talk to you later!

She got up to prepare for work, just then she received another text from him.

                     DONGHAE: I will. Good luck on your first day, Art Director Park! I’ll talk to you later!

Donghae attached his picture.

                     DONGHAE: In case you miss me already.

Dara just smiled and saved the photo on her phone’s memory. She also sent him a selfie.

                     DARA: Don’t miss me too much, fishy! I’m off to work!

 

Dara’s day went pretty fast, she was busy transferring some stuff to her new office and arranging everything. Once she was settled, she started working on her presentation. No time to waste, Dara. She was able to come up with several new ideas for their next issue and all she had to do is present them to her boss slash editor-in-chief. Later on, she received a text from Chaerin.

                            From: Chaerin
                            Ya! How come you didn’t tell us you already got the promotion?? >:((

She immediately typed her response.

DARA: I’m planning to, this weekend. It was supposed to be a surprise news for you guys. But since you already found out, yeah I GOT THE FREAKIN’ JOB!! HOW AWESOME IS THAT??! Btw, who told you?

Dara wondered, could it be Donghae? But she immediately shrugged off the idea. He wouldn’t risk being interrogated how come he knows. Chaerin replied.

CHAERIN: Girl, news travels faster in Seoul. Anyways, CONGRATULATIONS! Yes, we deserve a treat!! This weekend is good, I won’t tell them in case they still don’t know. It’d be better if it’ll come from you! I’M SO HAPPY FOR YOU, I’M ABOUT TO PUNCH SEUNGRI’S FACE!!! HAHAHAHAHA

She laughed at Chaerin’s message. No wonder they’re really close. They’re both crazy.

DARA: You’re crazy!! Thank you, Chae!  This means a lot to me. I’ll see you guys this weekend, we’ll celebrate. I’ll text the others too!

A little while later, Chaerin texted her back.

CHAERIN: Don’t bother. I’ll text them and you must go to work. Your company’s not paying you to just text your beautiful friend! HA HA HA~ Kidding! See you this weekend! PS food and drink’s on you!

She’s so lucky to have these crazy and ever-supportive friends. She must’ve done something really good in her past life to deserve all these. Meanwhile, she checked on Donghae.

                            To: Lee Donghae
                            Ya, your parents arrived already?

She waited for his reply, but there was none. Half an hour has passed, still no reply. She sent another text.

                            Busy?

And another one.

                            Am I bothering you??

Lastly.

                            Ya! Why are you ignoring me?

Then she realized, she’s getting clingy. Dara! You’re the one who set the ‘anti-clingy’ rule yet you’re the one who’s acting so clingy! She scolded herself. She tried to focus back on her work but she could barely concentrate. This is so unusual of Lee Donghae to not be able to reply to her texts.

 

 

After work, Dara waited for Donghae at the lobby. Minutes have passed, no signs of him yet. Seriously, what is happening? Why isn’t he texting or calling me? She’s beginning to get worried. She remembered she have Eunhyuk’s number. She tried to call him through his phone.

Eunhyuk picked up, “Yoboseyo?”

“Hello? Is this Eunhyuk’s number?” she asked.

“Yup, this is me. Dara, can I help you with anything?”

“Um sorry to disturb you but I was just wondering, is Donghae currently on a meeting or something? I’ve been texting him but he’s not picking up, I’m guessing he’s busy at work?”

“Uh, I’m sorry but Donghae didn’t come to work today. He mentioned he’s picking up his parents and he’s got some important matters to attend to, though he didn’t specify what it’d be. He didn’t call you yet?”

Dara shook her head, “no, I’ve been waiting for his call. Anyways, I’m hanging up. Sorry for the disturbance, I’ll just send him a text again. Thanks for the info, by the way.”

“Anytime, Dara. Bye.” Eunhyuk hanged up.

Aish, this guy. Where could he be? Dara’s getting irritated and worried at the same time. She tried to call Donghae’s phone number but it just directs her to his voice mail. Lee Donghae!!!!!! Just then, her phone rang it was Thunder.

“Noona, Donghae-hyung called. He said he can’t pick you up today. Something came up.” Thunder said in a hurried voice.

“I wonder how hard it is for him to call me”, she said in an annoyed tone.

“He’s trying to reach you but your number’s busy. Anyways, are you coming home for dinner?”

“Obviously. Where else would I be going?” she said in a sarcastic manner.

“Great. I’m really starving, you should cook dinner for me. I don’t want to eat instant noodles again.”

“What am I, your servant?”

“You’re my sister who happens to be the one responsible of me while mom’s away.”

“Can’t you take care of yourself?”

“Noona, I’m really not feeling well. I think I’m gonna be sick”, Thunder’s throwing up in the background.

“Ya

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter