DAY 16 - ANOTHER FLASHBACK

100 Days Dating
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Say you love me…” Donghae’s singing voice still lingers in Dara’s mind when she woke up. It still hasn’t sunk in her system yet. Donghae’s gestures were just so overwhelming, she’s afraid she might get used to it. She remembered the way she acted earlier yesterday, ‘yah stupid girl, why do you have to be like that?’ She scolded herself. She never felt getting this jealous before, even with her ex. Maybe she got used to seeing girls around Soo Hyun that she didn’t even feel threatened. But with Donghae, it’s different. Her possessiveness comes first. It’s not like she already owns him but she didn’t want unfamiliar girls around her man. Hah! Your man, huh! Finally, you admitted it to yourself! He is like a precious gem she has to protect, wow Dara! I didn’t know you had that in you! You’re totally embracing the jealous girlfriend attitude! A part of her says so.

She just shook her head and checked her phone. There were 5 messages, 3 from Donghae, 2 from Bom. She read Donghae’s messages first.

               

MESSAGE 1
From: Lee Donghae
Good Morning Sleepyhead. :*

MESSAGE 2
From: Lee Donghae
I know you’re probably tired from all the work you did yesterday and for all the emotions stirring inside you ;) ~ not disturbing you anymore, just go ahead and take A LOT of rest.

MESSAGE 3
From: Lee Donghae
I just got a call from the company, an urgent meeting is up and I need to be there. I already cooked brunch for you. I might be back by afternoon already, message me when you’re awake. I’ll see you later, Dara. Don’t miss me too much. :*

 

She just smiled. It’s crazy but he guessed it right, she already misses him. She thought of replying to his messages but he might be busy at the moment so she decided to just message him a little later. She then checked out Park Bom’s messages.

                MESSAGE 1
                From: Bommie
                Yaaaaaguuurl~ you busy? REPLY ASAP!! NEED HELP~~!!!!

 

MESSAGE 2:
From: Bommie
DARAAAAA~~!!! Call me when you get this!! SOS!!

She wonders what’s up with Bom’s text messages. She dialed her number and Bom immediately picked up.

“Yaaaa! Why aren’t you replying to my texts?” Bom scolded her.

“Sorry, I overslept. I’ve been very busy yesterday. Work finished late”, she explained.

“Oh that’s why… uh Dara… you remember the high school reunion happening in 2 weeks right?” Bom reminded her.

“Shoot. I almost forgot about that, what about it?”

 “I was in-charge of the AVP for the reunion and it just dawned on me that I rarely have photos during our high school days except for those pictures in our yearbook and I remembered that you were the head of our school’s media organization before right? Along with Donghae, Chaerin and Kai, right?”

“Uhuh… weren’t you a member of the org too? I mean, you were like inside our office most of the time.”

“No, not really. I was merely a bystander in your office”, Bom giggled, “it’s the perks of being friends with most of the organization’s members”, Bom said.

Dara laughed, “I really thought you were with us the whole time! So, what does my being the head of the media org got to do with the reunion?”

“I was wondering if you still have files of our high school photos, knowing you who likes to keep stuff so much especially our old photographs just in case you needed them to blackmail us in the future.”

“Hey! Was I that mean?”

“You were the one who said that when we asked you what you’re going to do with the photos… so do you still have it?” Bom was hopeful.

“I’ll check with my hard drives, but I really can’t promise you though. I hope I still have it, there might be some crazy photos of you that I could use”, Dara laughed.

“Yaaah! Don’t you dare do that!! I will seriously reconsider our friendship if you do that. I really don’t like the idea of this AVP but this is what majority of the committee has agreed to and I can’t do anything about it.”

“Bommie why don’t you like throwback photos, I’m sure we looked cute back in high school”, she can’t help but friend.

“Aish, you know I looked different back in high school!”

“Who cares? We all look different back then”, she justified.

“Well, I might have to agree that a lot of us looked different back then except for you. Woman, how come you never age? You’re like on your early 30’s but you still look the same as your high school yearbook photo. Tell me, Sandara Park, are you drinking the blood of the younger generation to maintain that youthful look?”

Dara ride on as well, “omo how come you know that? I have like a bunch of younger people locked up in a dungeon. Their blood is my fountain of youth.”

“You crazy woman, if I weren’t your friend I would’ve reported you to the cops already”, Bom laughed, “in case you find the photos, please, please let me know, arrasso?”

“Arrasso, chingu. I’ll call you immediately. Perfect, I don’t have to go to work today. Might as well look for it.”

“Yaaay! Kumawo chingu-ya~~ I owe you one.”

“I’d love a month-supply of face cream as payment for the photos.”

“Fine… fine… I’ll have it delivered on your doorstep once I have the photos.”

“Haha~ love you Bommie!”

“I know you do! Hahaha~ I’m hanging up now, I need to prepare for a lunch meeting with the committee members, bye Dara!”

“Bye!” Dara hanged up and started rummaging through her stuff. She’s sure she had it somewhere. She went through her shelf and looked for a container containing all her high school memoirs.

After a couple of minutes of going through her stuff, she finally found the container on the topmost part of her shelf which was labeled, “HIGH SCHOOL”.

“Found yah!” she excitedly took a stool and stepped on it and she carefully took out the container.

She opened her “memory box” and a lot of stuff she owned from high school were there.

She found a folder which contained all her sketches and magazine clippings. A scrap book of their high school photos. She took it out and saved it for later. She saw some of the medals she won back then. She was an active member of the media organization. She was given a journalism award alongside with Lee Donghae and Chaerin during their graduation day and she saw some of their outputs – their high school newsletter, the mini magazines they produce and some posters they did for several events they organized. She went through their newsletter and found the staff box bearing her name, Chaerin’s and Lee Donghae. She was the org’s president and Chaerin was her vice president while Donghae was their official photographer. Kai was a newbie back then and he was in-charge of the events and he did most of the content writings before.

Then, she checked out the mini-magazine they were able to produce during their time and right then and there a certain memory hit home.

Senior Year, High School (Dara’s POV)

During their last year in high school, they were working on a school magazine for their media organization aka some memorabilia they wanted to leave behind before they graduate.

Almost nearing to the end of their school magazine production, Dara spent her after class hours inside their org office.

While on her way to the office, Dara, came across one of the school’s maintenance personnel who happened to just come out from their office, “the lock is jammed, be careful with it. I placed a stopper in between the doors so you could easily open it. I’ve already requested for a new lock, the building services might be able to replace it tomorrow then you can ask for your key duplicate from them”, informed the personnel.

“Oh okay, thank you for the heads up, sir. I’ll ask someone to follow it up tomorrow then. Have a good day”, Dara smiled at him.

“You’re all hardworking students, I wonder how come the other students in this school were so unlike you kids. I won’t bother you for too long, good luck with whatever you’re working on.”

Dara just bowed to the personnel and proceeded inside their office. Chaerin, Kai and Bom were already there. Chaerin and Kai were working on some content write ups while Bom was munching on her dried seaweed.

“How is it coming along, guys?” Dara asked.

“We’re almost done editing the write ups, the other members were also here a while ago to submit their works”, Chaerin reported.

“How about the photos and other visuals?”

Lee Donghae was in-charge of the photographs and Song Mino, one of their junior staff members was in charge of all the illustrated visuals.’

“Song Mino was able to submit his works already and Donghae said he’ll be working on the photos here in the office a later since his computer broke down last night.”

“Okay, glad things are going along just fine. I’ll be working on the layout then”, she said and proceeded to work on her desk. She turned to Bom, “yaaah Bommie, do you have more food?” she asked.

Bom rummaged inside her bag and took out some snacks, “here feel free to choose”, she said and smiled proudly.

“Woah! You’d survive in case of a sudden apocalypse. Did you bring your entire pantry to school?” Dara joked.

“Only half of it. I don’t like getting hungry, you know that.”

Dara continuously nod at her, “arrasso, arasso..,. I get it. You have a short-term-memory appetite”, she laughed, “I’ll have this one, then”, Dara took the box of Pepero and munched on it. “What would I do without you and your food supply, Bommie?” she gave her a heart hand sign and got back to working.

A little while later someone came in the office, it was Donghae.

“Hey don’t remove that little thing in between the door or we might not be able to get out of here”, she reminded Donghae.

“Oh okay, by the way my mom sent us food”, he said while holding up a bag.

“Woah~ your mom is the best Lee Donghae!” Bommie exclaimed giving him a thumbs up sign.

“Donghae, please thank your mom for us. I almost forgot I’m hungry”, Kai said.

“Why don’t we take a break for a while and eat what Donghae brought”, Chaerin told them.

“All right guys, you go ahead. Just leave me some. Bommie, don’t finish it all!” she warned her friend.

The others laughed and devoured the food in front of them.

“Dara are you working late tonight?” Chaerin asked while eating.

Dara just nodded while she’s maneuvering her mouse while holding a pepero stick on the other hand.

“How about you, Kai?”

“As much as I’d want to but I have to study for a test on Monday, you know I have to maintain my grades if I want extra-curricular activities.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter