DAY 03 - WE HAVEN'T EVEN...

100 Days Dating
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghae picked up Dara for work, as usual he joined her family again for breakfast.

Aish this guy, getting used to having breakfast with us. Dara said to her mind.

As expected, her dad brought up the marriage and grandchildren issue again.

“Lee Donghae, is my daughter giving you a hard time?” her dad asked.

“No sir, not really. Just a bit”, Donghae smirked.

Dara threw him an evil look, “I am not!”

“Aish, you woman! Stop treating your guys badly or you’ll end up an old maid!”

“Really dad, so you’re on his side now?”

“I wouldn’t mind having Lee Donghae as my future son-in-law. He’s good looking, he came from a very good family and I know that he’ll be taking good care of you and not to mention, I’m pretty sure both of you will be bearing handsome and beautiful children.”

“And you’re talking about children already! Hah impossible! We didn’t even have our first ki –“ Dara stopped when she realized what she was about to say.

Donghae gave her a teasing smile, he seemed to understand what she almost meant.

“Lee Donghae! I am so disappointed in you. Why are you so slow? I kissed Dara’s mom on our first date!”

Donghae just chuckled, “Sir, I am taking my time and I’m just waiting for Dara to be ready.”

“Aish! These two! Mom! Please tell dad to stop this conversation already.”

Her mom just laughed, “I agree with your dad, Dara. What are you both 17? At your age both of you should be having marriage plans now.”

Dara was getting frustrated with her family.

“Ya! Noona, don’t tell me you’re still a –“ her brother, Thunder, wasn’t able to finish what he was about to say when she threw him her dagger stares.

“Still a what? Forget the shoes you’ve been bothering me to get you”, she threatened him.

Thunder raised both his arm like he was surrendering, “I didn’t say anything. Aigoo, Porky! What a pretty dog you are”, he then diverted his attention to their pet, Porky the Corgi.

Her dad just slowly shooked his head, “I thought the generation nowadays is more advanced when it comes to relationships, turned out ours was the advanced one”, her dad joked. “By the way Dara, your mom and I decided to go on an Asian cruise, we’ll be leaving next week it’ll probably take 3 weeks to a month. It’s just you and Thunder here at home, will you both be okay?”

She rolled her eyes, “Dad, I’m like 30. I’ve lived alone in the Philippines back in college, you think I can’t handle myself?”

Her dad just reluctantly agreed. “Donghae, watch over them from time to time, will you?”

Donghae just let out a huge smile, “Yes, sir. No problem.”

“You really trust him, don’t you? What if he’s a psycho? Or what if he has murderous tendencies?”

“Would you date someone like that?” her dad fired the question back.

“No!”

“Exactly my point.”

“Fine, I give up. I know I can never win over you in an argument.”

Her dad just let out a very heartily laugh. “Donghae, join us for breakfast often. I rarely see Dara during breakfasts. But since you both started dating, glad she’s able to join us every day”, her dad wiped his mouth, “I’ll go ahead”, he stood up and left the breakfast area together with her mom.

 

 

Dara and Donghae left for work after breakfast while at the car, both were silent for a moment.

“So you’ve been thinking about it, huh?” Donghae .

She knew what he meant, but she played innocent. “Thinking about what?”

“You know”, and he tried to purse his lips.

“What? Why are you doing that with your lips, is it itchy?”

“Aish, playing dense arent’ we?” Donghae let out a frustrated sigh.

Dara just shifted her attention to each buildings they passed by.

“Dara…”

“Hmm?” she remained her focus on the view outside the window, trying to avoid Donghae’s question.

Donghae heavily sighed, “nevermind”, and threw her a quick glance and shifted his attention back to the road. Sandara Park, what is going on in your mind? He thought to himself.

 

 

 

Later at work, Dara was busy trying to prepare stuff for her upcoming presentation. This would be the first time that she’d be pitching her own ideas to her boss since usually it was the former art director’s job. Now that the position is currently empty, she’s the one next in line and she’s getting nervous.

Dara, it’s going to be fine. You’ve prepared hard for this, you got this. Her possible promotion is at stake, she must not mess things up. Just then her phone rang. It was Park Bom.

“Hey”, Bom greeted her.

“Hi, what’s up?” she asked.

“Nothing much, just really bored. Am I interrupting something?”

She shook her head, “No, not really. Just giving myself a little pep talk.”

“Gearing up for something big?”

“Uhm, kind of. See, I’ll be pitching my ideas for the upcoming issue since we have no art director at the moment, so I’m really getting a bit anxious about this whole thing.”

“Duh, Dara you’re like one of the most creative people I know, not that I know a lot but yeah, you got this girl. You just need to show them all your best and slay!”

She smiled, another thing she liked about her friends. They never fail to make each other feel good about themselves. Just what she needed the most right now, “thanks Bommie! I really needed that”.

“Hey, can I ask you something?”

“Yeah, what about?”

“Is Donghae currently dating anyone?”

She felt like suddenly dried up, “Uh… er… I really don’t have any idea, why’d you ask?”

“Just curious, the other day Top bumped into him. He was buying a rose.”

“Maybe he just got it for his mom?” she tried to sound calm.

“Duh, Donghae never buys a rose for his mom. His mom loves peonies remember? And whenever it’s for his mom, Donghae will surely get her a huge bouquet.”

“Right, I forgot.”

“Then how about you?”

“Wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter