DAY 13 - WHAT AM I TO YOU?

100 Days Dating
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Things began to fire up for Dara at work. She had a couple of meetings waiting for her when she arrived in the office. A couple of magazines were piled up on her desk and some sticky notes were posted on the bottom part of her computer’s screen. She breathed deeply trying to grasp the moment. You can do this, Dara. She began working on the concept they’ve agreed on the other day. She met with her design team for the execution of the concepts and asked each one of them for suggestions on how to improve their output.

Her day’s pretty going along well. She smiled at how things are going. Her phone rang and she checked who was calling, it was Donghae.

“Hey there busybee”, he said.

“Hi.”

“Where are you?”

“I’m at work, duh”.

“Oh okay, bye.” And he hang up.

She found it weird. Why did he suddenly hang up? She was about to send him a text when her office intercom beeped. It was Krystal, her secretary.

“Miss Park, a package came in. It was addressed to you, the delivery guy needed your signature. Should I let him in?” her secretary asked.

“Yeah, sure. Just let him in.” she said still holding her phone trying to compose her text message for Donghae.

She was kind of annoyed at how Donghae acted on the phone call, he called her then he’d hang up. What is wrong with him? “Crazy Lee Donghae!” she uttered out of frustration.

“Miss me that much?” a voice said.

“Huh?” she lifted her head up and saw Donghae standing at the door of her office. She was shocked, she thought it was the delivery guy, “What are you doing here?” she can’t deny the smile on her face.

“That smile means that you missed me so much”, he said lifting the paper bag he was carrying, “Lunch?”

“How sure are you that I haven’t had lunch yet?”

“I asked your secretary. You didn’t come out of your office since you arrived this morning. You only come out when it’s time for your meetings. So…. Lunch?”

“Aish Krystal”, she shook her head, “Fine, it seems like I won’t be having any choice”, she said half-heartedly when in fact she was holding in her smile the whole time. What did I do to deserve this guy?

Donghae placed the paper bag on top of the coffee table near her desk. “Open it”, he told her.

Curiously, she peeked through the paper bag and there she found a stem of white rose. “I didn’t know you have a tendency to be this cheesy”, she tried to mock him.

“Hah! Admit it your heart is feeling giddy”, he said and took out the lunch boxes he brought. “How many times do I have to tell you to not skip on your meals, you stubborn woman.”

Dara acted cute in front of him giving him a hint of her aegyo, “mianhae, oppa”, giving him the puppy dog look.

Donghae was taken aback by what she did. This is the first time he saw her do that. “What did you call me?”

She must’ve realized what she did. “Nothing.”

“Say it again.”

“I won’t”, she said and placed a pinch of kimchi in . “Mmmm… mahsitssoyo.”

“Dara-yah! What did you just call me?” he really won’t let this go.

She picked up another batch of kimchi and this time she placed it in Donghae’s mouth, “yes, that’s it. Eat up Lee Donghae. Eat up instead of asking me silly questions.”

Donghae forcefully swallowed the kimchi Dara had just fed him. His phone rang and it was a call from Thunder. “What’s up?” he answered the phone.

“Hyung, are we on later?” Thunder asked.

“Yeah, I can’t talk right now I’m having lunch with your sister.”

“You told her?”

“Not yet. You tell her.”

“Aish hyung, I thought you’re gonna help me. Never mind, I’m calling dad. That way she won’t have the power to object.”

“Do that then. I’ll call you later. Bye.” He hanged up and went back to Dara.

“Was that Thunder?’

He just nodded and ate their lunch.

“Why did he call you?”

“It was just a small favor I’m doing for him. You know, boys talk.” He said dismissively.

“Yah, is it about the thing you two were whispering about the other day?”

“Dara-yah, are you eavesdropping on us?”

“N-no. I just happen to see you two whispering about something.”

“Well, apparently yes. And don’t worry you’ll find out about it soon enough.”

“Lee Donghae, what is it? Are you two keeping something from me?”

“It’s not what you think”, he chuckled. “I think you just have to ask Thunder about this when you get home later.”

“Aish, this guy…” She frustratingly ate the remaining food on the lunch box. She dialed her phone and tried to call his brother but he isn’t answering. Okay, I’ll have to ask you later at home then. She is keeping her calm.

“Hey you wanna go grab something for lu—uh… Hi?” Jessica was clueless that Donghae was there. She tried to invite her for lunch only to find out that Dara is already having lunch.

Dara quickly stood up and introduced them both, “um, Jess, this is Donghae. Hae, this is Jessica.”

“Hi, I’m Jessica. Dara’s work mate”, she held out her hand.

Donghae shook her hand, “Lee Donghae. Sandara Park’s…” he paused for a while. “Boyfriend.”

She glared at him. “Yah! What nonsense are you telling her?”

Jessica dismissed her immediately, “Hey, you don’t have to sound defensive. You two really look good together.”

Dara panicked, she’s not used to this kind of situation, “Don’t believe all the nonsense he’s telling you.”

“But isn’t. In fact I hear you call me ‘oppa’ a while ago”, Donghae .

Her cheeks flushed, “Lee Donghae!”

“Aigoo, you two look cute when you do that. I’ll leave you lovebirds alone while I go grab some lunch. It was nice to finally meet you, Lee Donghae. Take care of my friend, arasso?” Jessica said.

“I will. Please look after her while I’m not around. This woman usually overworks herself, she tends to skip on her meals.”

“See, Dara? It’s really nice to have a boyfriend”, Jessica just winked at her giving her the ‘you go girl!’ look and left her office.

Dara gave him the side eye. “Aish, you really do what you want huh?”

“If I’m not your boyfriend, what am I to you Dara?” this time Donghae looked more serious.

She was speechless for a moment. She don’t like labels. “Do we really need a label?”

“I don’t know, you tell me.”

“You are special to me, Lee Donghae”, that’s the only thing she was able to utter.

“Fine, I’ll let this go just once. Just so you know, I am not dating you just for fun. I’ll go ahead, it seems like you have a lot of things to finish. I’ll see you later.”

“Hey are you mad?” she asked him.

“No. I’m not… maybe I just expected a lot more”, Donghae said and left.

Dara felt like all the energy in her body left her all at once. What did I do? She dialed Bom’s number.

“Yobosseyo?”

“Bommie, are you busy?”

“Well if you call batting my eyelashes at my boyfriend busy, yes I am.”

Dara chuckled. “You have a minute?”

“I have all the time in the world, hun. You sound sad, is there anything wrong?”

“Um, no. I’m just tired from work.”

“It’s because you’re a workaholic! It’s like you’re feeding a household of 20 or something.”

“Crazy. Bommie-yah, can I ask you something?”

“Fire away, hun.”

“Hypothetically, when a guy and a girl decided to date each other and they’re having fun together. The girl feels like she’s developing feelings for the guy and the guy seemed to feel the same. In fact he told her he dated her not just for fun. What does he mean?”

“Um wait, is the girl… you?”

“N-no! It’s my friend… uh… Jessica? She’s been asking me since this morning but I don’t know what to tell her. Since you’re the expert in dating and relationships, might as well ask you too”, she hoped her alibi worked.

“Ohhh okay. So this Jessica g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter