DAY 17- GOTCHA!

100 Days Dating
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dara saved the photos in her phone. While waiting for Donghae, she continued to scan through the hard drives – there she saw photos of her high school batch. One folder was named “CHINGUS” and there she saw photos of her and her friends. Stolen photos of Minzy and Kai under a tree; series of photos of Chaerin and Seungri – the latter chasing Chaerin, she assumed the two must’ve fought when that photo was taken. Another one was of Top and Bom, Bom stealing Top’s photos while the latter isn’t looking; and lastly a photo of her smiling, on one corner she found Lee Donghae, smiling… while looking at her. Now, when did this happen? She thought to herself. She viewed the date when the photo was taken and if she clearly remembers, it’s weeks after they were trapped. Sharp memory you got there, Dara. She praised herself.

 

She checked the time. It’s almost night time but Donghae hasn’t come back yet. Where could that guy be? She took out her phone and sent him a message.

 

                                    To: Lee Donghae

                                    Where are you?

 

She pressed send. She went back to browsing the photos on the hard drive and organized them in one folder for Bom. She smiled while she kept on looking at the photographs. Surely, high school brought out the best of her youth. If not for her crazy friends, she wouldn’t be the person she is today.

 

A little while later, she finally finished sorting the photos and arranged it in one folder. She also added a folder and named it “FISH” followed by a heart symbol– there she kept photos of Hae and her, Donghae mostly staring at her in photographs.

 

Next thing she did, she opened her memory box. She took out some of her medals, her first win in the journalism contest. Her first graphic design award. Polaroid photos of her and her friends. Photos of their teachers which they drew on funny emoticons. She found pieces of paper which contained notes from her friends– most of it were passed on during class. One note says, Professor Yang’s face looked like a fish! She was sure it was Bom’s handwriting. One paper caught her attention, it was a sort-of crumpled one, there she found a sketch of a girl sitting under the tree, on the lower right corner she found a tiny fish sketched. She paused for a while, could this sketch be from Donghae as well? Girl, you assume to much! Says a part of her. But she knows most part of her emotions wanted the sketch to be from Donghae.

 

***

 

Night time came, still no signs of Donghae. Dara is beginning to get worried. And she misses him already. She’s even amazed at herself, when she was with her past relationship, she hasn’t missed someone this much. But with Donghae, a few hours away from him felt like she hasn’t seen him in an eternity. Meh, too cheesy.

 

She tried to text him again.

                  To: Lee Donghae

                  Where are you, Hae? You haven’t texted the entire day.

 

She sent the message but still, to no avail.

 

What the hell, Lee Donghae?

 

                  To: Lee Donghae

                  Are you coming home? I cooked dinner.

 

Still, no reply.

 

She tried calling him. But she was re-directed to his voicemail.

 

She then tried to dial Eunhyuk’s number. It rang.

 

A couple of rings later, Eunhyuk picked up his phone. “Yoboseyo?”

 

“Um hey, it’s Dara. Sorry to bother you at this hour, but I just wanted to ask if you’re with Donghae earlier today? Was he at the office?” now she sounded like a suspicious wife.

 

“Yup, I saw him earlier today. Why, is there any problem? Didn’t he contact you?”

 

“Strange, he didn’t. I haven’t heard from him the entire day.”

 

“He must be really busy, there has been quite a situation earlier with one of our clients and he’s working his off to fix it. I wanted to help him but I too had a family emergency.”

 

“Oh I see, do you think he’s still in the office?”

 

“Most probably, yes. Hae wouldn’t stop unless he gets everything aligned.”

 

“Oh okay. Kamsahamnida! So sorry again for bothering you at this hour.”

 

“No problem, Dara! Let me know if you get ahold of him.”

 

“Arasso”, then she hung up.

 

“Lee Donghae, michoso? You could’ve informed me that you were super busy”, she complained.

 

Why not bring him something to eat. I’m pretty sure your oppa is starving himself to death. A part of her suggested.

 

She sat for a while and contemplated on what to do. Whether she’d act like an irrational girlfriend or she’d be a thoughtful one.

 

Hmm girlfriend? Her sarcastic self .

 

The last choice won over. She’s pretty sure Donghae needs a hand in his work. She got up and put

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter