DAY 01 - WHAT ARE WE, SIX?

100 Days Dating
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara’s phone kept on ringing. She remember setting the alarm last night at 8 AM but she’s sure that wasn’t the alarm yet. She checked on her bedside clock, 7:30 AM. She then checked her phone to see who’s calling and she saw Donghae’s name registered.

Why is he calling at this early hour? She blankly stared at her phone and after a couple of seconds she remembered what happened yesterday oh , I almost forgot. She tapped answer.

“Hello?” she lazily answered.

“Good morning sleepyhead. You ready for later?”

“Donghae, it’s still 7:30 why call this early?”

“Just checking. I’ll pick you up at 9. Bye.” Then he hanged up.

Argh! Bed, I’ll miss you. She decided to take a shower and planned her outfit. Hmm what to wear? Just then her phone beeped.

                From: Lee Donghae
                Wear something comfortable. You got an hour to prepare. Hurry!

So annoying. She put on something comfortable, jeans, shirt and her trusty sneakers, put on light make up and she’s done. Perfect ‘comfortable’ ensemble

 She checked the clock, 8:30 AM. She still have 30 minutes left. She lied down her bed, updated her SNS:

                I’m not usually a morning person but here I am doing this. This better be good, or else.

Dara fell asleep again.

She felt someone tugging her arm. “Wake up”, said a voice.

“No. I don’t want to”, she protested.

“Wake up or I will wake you up by kissing you.”

She realized it was a male voice. She slowly opened her yes, she saw Donghae’s face inches away from her. This prick! “I’m awake alright! What are you doing here in my room?”

“I’ve been calling you, your mom told me to just come up and wake you up instead.”

“You shouldn’t have barged in here. Let’s go.” She got up and threw her phone and her shades inside her bag.

Donghae followed her out of her room.

“Wanna eat before we leave?” she asked him.

“No, let’s just grab something on the way. I know the perfect breakfast place”, Donghae replied.

“Where are we going today?”

“You’ll see”, he just smiled and grabbed her hand.

“Mom, we’re leaving now!” Dara bid her mother goodbye.

“Alright honey. Take care!” her mom replied.

 

**

 

They were already driving on the road when Dara felt her stomach grumbling. When are we eating breakfast?

Donghae made a couple of turns and they parked in front of an odd-looking building. He opened the car doors for her and led her inside the all-day breakfast restaurant. She smiled at his simple gestures. The place actually looked pretty nice. Just the perfect ambiance for a breakfast restaurant. They ordered their meal and sat near the window.

“This place is pretty nice, where’d you find this?” she asked him.

“My cousin owns this place. I like it here, it’s quiet and clean. Whenever I wanted to have an alone time, this is one of the places I go to”, he told her.

“Nice”, she studied an artwork beside her. She was shocked when she read the signature at the bottom of the piece. “You did this? You paint?”

He nodded. “Just for fun, you know. My way of releasing stress.”

“You have other works here?”

He shook his head. “That’s the only artwork I allowed to be shown in public.”

“Why?”

“I don’t know. I’m not comfortable showing it to a lot of people. No one has seen my other works yet.”

“Do you have a studio?”

“Sort of a studio-ish.”

“Cool. Maybe we can collaborate sometime?”

“Sure, that’d be great”, Donghae smiled.

They silently ate their breakfast and drank their coffee. Dara loves this kind of mornings. Free and worry-less.

“But seriously Donghae, I never thought you could paint. I know that you have a background with arts but I really thought you’re more on the ‘business’ side of the art industry”, Donghae owns "+82DesignStudio", one of the most successful creative studios in Korea

“Yes, I am more of a businessman than an artist. It’s like my business is my wife, art is my mistress, that kind of thing”, he joked.

“Ha! Deep. Not”, she pursed her lips.

“What about you, Dara, what are your secret talents that we’re not aware of?”

“I can put my whole fist in my mouth, wanna see?” she mocked the Mean Girls character.

He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter