DAY 02 - HOLD ME

100 Days Dating
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara woke up feeling energized it’s pretty weird since the past few days she’s having a hard time sleeping. She probably felt so tired last night that she immediately dozed off by the time she hit the bed. Her phone beeped and it was a text from Donghae

Good Morning sleepyhead. Wake up, what do you want for breakfast, and what time should I pick you up?

She hit reply

                Morning. Anything with bacon. Pick me up at 8:30.

She got up, took a shower and prepared for work. She put her hair in a messy bun like she always do. Dara someone’s going to pick you up and you look like that? Look at yourself, try to at least look good and presentable in front of Lee Donghae, she castigate herself. She immediately changed into something more ‘presentable’, she took time brushing her hair she actually pitied her brush she can imagine the struggle it’s going through while she brushed it down her hair. ing tangled hair, I might go bald by the time I’m done with this, note to self: have hair treated one of these days. Then she put on some light make up. She’s almost ready when someone knocked on her door. “Come in.”

It was her mom. “Honey, Donghae’s waiting downstairs and he brought us breakfast.”

“What? Breakfast for everyone?”

“Yes and actually he got you your favorite, bacon.”

Her face lit up upon hearing the magic word. Who couldn’t resist bacon?

“Hurry up, your brother might eat all of it”, her mom said before leaving her room.

She hurriedly went downstairs and saw Donghae talking to her dad at the breakfast table.

Hmm I wonder what they’re talking about. She tiptoed near the door and tried to eavesdrop.

 “I heard you were together the whole day yesterday?” her dad interrogating Donghae.

“Yes Sir”, he politely replied and sipped on his coffee.

“So how was your Dad? Are they back from Paris?”

“Not yet Sir, they called the other day saying they’ll be extending their anniversary trip. They’re planning to visit Greece, too.”

“Glad they’re both enjoying their trip. He’s got a lot of making up to do to your mom.”

“Yes indeed. My mom would usually complain how she felt neglected. I bet they’re taking all their time to enjoy each other’s company once again.”

“Those two, they think they’re newlyweds again?” his dad laughed heartily. “Might as well take my wife on an out of the country vacation, I wanna feel like newlyweds too.”

Dara loved hearing her dad laugh and she’s getting excited at her dad’s ‘newlyweds 2.0’ plan.

“For sure Sir, Mrs. Park would love the idea.”

Her dad’s face suddenly became serious, “Lee Donghae, I want you to answer me honestly.”

“Sure, sir. What is it?” Donghae, still calm as ever.

“Are you dating my daughter?” her dad asked Donghae without batting an eye.

Dad!! What are you doing?? Dara knew she had to do something. She immediately jumped out of nowhere “Good morning dad!” her dad was surely shocked at her that he momentarily forgot what he was asking Donghae. “You’re up early today huh?” She switched her attention to Donghae, “Lee Donghae, what are you doing here so early?” she gave him the threatening look.

“He’s here to join us for breakfast, can’t you see?” her dad sarcastically answered her. “And mind you, I am always up early, it’s you who is always late.”

 She sat beside Donghae, “so what were you two talking about before I arrived?” as if she’s curious.

“I was just asking Donghae about his parents and yes I forgot you haven’t answered my last question yet, Donghae are you dating my daughter?”

“Uhm, si –“ Donghae wasn’t able to finish what he was about to say.

“Dad, what kind of question is that? Donghae and I are friends, that’s why we hang out! Right, Donghae?” she kicked his foot.

“Uh, yeah”, Donghae hesitantly replied.

“I know you two are friends. But friends can also date each other, right honey?” this time her mom and brother joined them for breakfast.

“Yes, remember that's how your dad and I started, friends and look at us now, we're happily married.”, her mom agreed.

“So, are you two dating each other?” her dad wouldn’t really let go of this topic.

“Dad, I told you we’re no –“

“Yes, sir. Dara and I are dating. I hope it is okay with you”, Donghae admittedly told her dad.

Her dad smiled, her mom looked relieved and her brother well, he’s busy eating.

“Finally, I can now sleep peacefully. I was worried with you Dara, how come you never date while your other friends are already talking about marriage. I was worried I might not be able to see my grandchildren from you and your mom and I were worried that you’d rather be single than get married because of your last failed relationship”, her dad blurted out.

Woah, she never thought her dad had these thoughts all along. She sees him as the ‘chill’ kind of father and he never once asked about her dating life or when she’s planning to settle down. “Dad calm down, we’re trying to work things out, we just started and now you’re talking about marriage and meeting your grandchildren from me? Slow down dad. Slow down.”

“What slow down? Dara you’ll be 30 soon you should hurry up!” her dad joked.

“Really dad? You really have to bring up my age? Seriously, why are we having this conversation on an early Monday morning?” she sipped on her coffee.

“Because you barely join us for breakfast, might as well take this opportunity”, said her mom, smiling from ear to ear.

She just rolled her eyes and grabbed another bacon. Well I’m marrying food! Bacon, thank you for not stressing me out. He gave Donghae the side eye. Later we’ll talk, Lee Donghae.

After that dating confrontation, everybody enjoyed their peaceful breakfast.

-------

They were on the road, Dara was giving Donghae the silent treatment.

“Hey, are you okay?” he asked her.

“Really, Lee Donghae? You really have to bring that up?”

“The what? That we’re dating? We really are, aren’t we?”

She sighed, “I was hoping that we’d keep this to ourselves first. I mean, we really don’t have to let the whole world know.”

“I wasn’t telling the whole world, Dara. They’re your parents. I told them because I respect them and isn’t that what a guy’s supposed to do?”

“But have you seen their expressions? Have you heard them? They’re now talking about marriage and grandchildren. Isn’t that freaking you out?”

“No, Dara. That’s pretty normal. My parents were like that too when they found out my brother’s dating someone. I guess they just wanted to see their children settle down. Why Dara, don’t you have plans on getting married in the future?”

“With you?”

“Not necessarily me, if you don't want to, I mean if things won't work out, I don't know. But the idea of marrying someone, doesn’t that thought occur to you? Don't you want to have your own family someday?” he doesn’t understand why the last few words sounded so bitter. The idea of Dara marrying someone, he didn’t like it. You want Dara to marry you instead? A part of him asked. I don’t know!

“I don’t know, Donghae. I really don’t know”, and just like that the rest of the trip fell silent.

They finally arrived at her office. “I’ll pick you up later? What time do you get off?” Donghae asked.

“I’ll just text you”, she said as she was about to open the car doors.

“Wait”, Donghae hurriedly got off his car and ran to the other side and opened the car door for her.

Stop that, Lee Donghae. “Thank you”, and she gave him a weak smile and walked to her office building.

Donghae watched Dara as she went to work, he just stood there staring at her back. He smiled. He suddenly realized he likes having Dara beside him.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter