DAY 05 - A LITTLE BIT...

100 Days Dating
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara and Donghae’s morning started the way they usually did ever since they started dating. Donghae’s been a constant entity in Dara’s breakfast table every morning. Her dad bugging her about her and Donghae’s ‘slow-progressed-dating’ as what he called nowadays has been their family’s morning ritual and Donghae bringing her to work is now more like a habit than an obligation as what they have written in their rules. Everything was going pretty smoothly for the two despite the fact that Donghae’s acting like a jealous puppy last night.

Dara felt so burnt out within the four walls of her office which she found weird since she’s never felt that before. It’s probably all the stress she’s been facing lately that made her feel that way. She decided to take her work out and went to the nearby coffee shop where she can think clearly and enjoy her caffeine fix without someone interrupting her.

Donghae was able to finish work early and is pretty bored inside his office. He wanted to text Dara but he didn’t want to look so clingy because he knew she didn’t like it. So instead, he resorted to creating a new playlist. At first he thought he needed to hear new music but later on, he decided to make one for Dara instead. He included his favorite songs and some love songs. He realized he has no idea what genre she’s into so he tried to ask her brother, Thunder what his sister likes to listen to.

He called Thunder and he’s waiting for him to pick up.

Minutes later, he answered, “Hello bro?” The other day Thunder declared that from that day on, he’ll be calling Donghae ‘bro’ since he’s already dating his sister.

“Hey, are you busy?” he asked.

“No, not really. Just taking a break from my dance practice, why?”

“It’s really nothing important but I just wanted to know, do you have any idea what kind of music your sister likes?”

He heard Thunder chuckle on the other line, “really? You’re now doing that for her?”

“Hah, laugh all you can.”

“I really don’t know what she’s recently into but I kind of heard her fangirling over a younger boy group and the only thing I know ever since is that her favorite band is MYMP. You familiar with that?”

“Yeah, I heard about them. They’re the Filipino band, right?”

“Yup, she really liked them when she went to the Philippines.”

“I see, I’ll take note of that, and what is the name of this boy group again?”

“Winner.”

“They named a boy group, Winner? Seriously?”

“Ya, don’t let her hear that from you or you might not see the light of day. My sister’s not just a regular fangirl, you know.”

“Okay, I got it. Thank you for the tip.”

“You owe me”, Thunder joked.

“Sure, just tell me what you want.”

“Nah, it’s good, and I really like you for Dara-noona. I really hope you’ll both end up together.”

Donghae smiled at the thought. “Yeah, we’ll see about that. Thanks again, I might be bothering you that much already, guess I should hang up.”

“Anytime, bro. Bye! Good luck with whatever you’re planning to do. Fighting!”

“Bye, thank you Thunder. You’re the best!”

Donghae tried to search for MYMP and Winner’s songs and he’s come to like their music so he decided to download it and add them up to the playlist he’s making for her. I hospe she’ll like this.

He listened specifically to MYMP’s songs since Thunder mentioned that it was her all-time favorite and one song’s lyrics kinda got into him.

Lee Donghae, you fool. He tried to shrug it off and continued with his playlist project.

Later that afternoon, Donghae texted Dara asking her where she was.

Dara told him that she’s in the café near her work place.

Minutes later, Donghae arrived at the café where Dara is. He saw her, busy with whatever she’s doing. He sat at the adjacent chair and just tried to observe her. She still hasn’t noticed him. She was restlessly typing, then she’d pause for a while, probably to think and when she’s thought of something, she focuses back on her computer screen while her fingers busy typing.

Donghae called the waiter, he instructed something to the waiter after he gave him his order. He handed him a flash drive and a couple of minutes later, a song played in the background. The same song he’s listening to a while ago.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter