Chapter 7 Somethings never change

MADE

Everybody stared at GD. I can bet my life on the fact that the hall was completely silent for 5 whole minutes before the murmuring and subtle protesting broke out. And suddenly the hall was too noisy.

What was happening right now?The result was supposed to be announced 2 days from now. 13 people who scored the highest in average among the judges plus 7 more people, one personal preference of each judge. 20 people in total who would then compete in a survival series.

The emcee seemed extravagantly excited all of a sudden and started rambling,"This is the first time today that somebody has impressed one of the judges to the point they are selected on the spot!!!"

Impressed to the point of insanity it seems.

"And that too by the fashion icon of Korea, our own GD-shi." The emcee continued.

The fashion icon who is suffering from eye problems.

It's not that my clothes were bad. Actually I was pretty proud of it but this just doesn't make sense. And I wasn't alone in thinking so . Looking at Seungri's expression he was close to getting a seizure. Taeyang oppa seemed baffled too. Daesung oppa was just smiling , most probably out of bewilderment while Top oppa maintained a poker face. He just stared hard at GD like I was.

And the way he looked at me confused me more. He didn't look happy or impressed like he was supposed to, you know cause I just passed the audition after impressing him to the point he couldn't wait for 2 more days . He looked , how do I say this ? He looked freaking annoyed. He didn't express it completely but the look was familiar, smiling but his eyes were cold. Like something really pissed him off. I lowered my eyes , suddenly worried about my well being.

"How are you feeling right now?" The emcee asked pushing a mike in front of me. Where did the mike come from?

"Uh...unbelievable." That was all I could muster. Was I going to make out of here alive?

I bowed once towards the judges panel. Murmured a thanks and bolted towards the door and towards the washroom which seemed like a sanctuary. I could hear the emcee's booming voice through the speakers, shouting excitedly ," She is surprised and flustered and really happy that she cannot believe it. She must be overwhelmed."

Yup! I was definitely overwhelmed. My ultimate bias who was also my virtual boyfriend crushed my hope of 9 years. I was on the blacklist of Seungri which was technically 80% my fault. And I was somehow enemy no. 1 of GD without any specific reason. Taeyang oppa made sense, even Seungri made sense but GD ? Why did he look like he wanted to strangle me, while smiling at that. Do you know how creepy that is?

After continually staring at myself in the mirror, checking out my outfit from each and every angle, something else hit me suddenly.

I had passed the audition. 

It was surreal and it really didn't make sense but I had made it. I smiled as happiness surged in my system. Maybe this was my calling. Maybe I was born to be a designer. Maybe this is what I need to do with my life. I had never been this excited by any prospect for the future in my entire life. My future may not really turn out completely dark like everybody including myself believed. But then GD's face flashed through my eyes. There was definitely something wrong with that situation.

I decided to get out of here as soon as possible and go back home to talk to Eunso , but as soon as I stepped out of the washroom a man blocked my path . He looked like a casual ahjussi who worked out a lot.

"Are you Song Mio-shi?" He asked, his tone polite but ringing with authority at the same time.

"Yes! that's me." I said suddenly remembering my mother's useless warnings regarding strangers.

"You need to come with me ." He said bowing slightly.

"Excuse me, but may I know the reason?" I asked as I took a step back which didn't seem to escape his notice cause he took a step forward too.

"I am also not exactly aware about the reasons but rest assured you will be safe with me." The ahjussi seemed to grow muscular by the minute or it was just my fear that was growing bigger.

"You are the one who is scaring me right now." I shouted as I balled my hands into fist. Honestly, I am 99% sure the only damage I could do to this ahjussi was cause damage to his eardrums while I screamed for my life.

"Please don't be afraid. I mean no harm. I just need to you..."

He was explaining something while I was looking around thinking about an escape plan. 

"Oh! Taeyang oppa." I said out loud , in a slightly surprised tone.

I thought it worked only in movies but the ahjussi actually turned around and I took the chance to run away. I was right. This ahjussi was definitely suspicious cause he ran after me. Wasn't this studio supposed to be crowded with all the contestants flocking around? Why couldn't I see anyone around? Where was I right now? Stairs? Where did stairs come from?

"Mio-shi! Mio-shi!!" The ahjussi shouted as he chased me. I ran with everything I got . Seoul was definitely a dangerous place. What if I never got to meet omma again?

The hallway I was running on split into two different directions and I chose the right one without thinking. I came face to face with a face I didn't want to face at the moment. In simpler words, as I rounded the corner , running at full speed, I finally met a person, someone I didn't really want to meet right now.

It was G-Dragon.

He yanked my arm and made me stop on my tracks. But since I was running with full speed , the momentum and other scientific stuffs that my body was doing caused me to loose my balance and I nearly fell down but his arms steadied me. Wait? Deja vu? With a different person? Within the time span of 3 hours? 

I looked up to find him staring at me. Something about his gaze made me feel like he could look into my soul. It was rather unnerving. The sound of running footsteps made me snap out of the gaze that he was locking me in. With my heart hammering erratically I looked away at the source of the sound.

The ahjussi who was chasing me had finally caught up to us and I wondered whether he was the safer choice here. The ahjussi bowed swiftly at us. 

"Hyung, I asked you to take her to our waiting room? Why are you guys playing tag all of a sudden?" GD asked turning his attention to the suspicious ahjussi.

"I was explaining things and this agaasi just ran off." The ahjussi said pointing at me. Now that I looked at the ahjussi , he had a kind face and he didn't look that intimidating. Wait! that isn't the important thing right now. I was chased around on GD's orders? I looked back at GD , my eyebrows raising in confusion.

"Okay hyung, I got it. I need to talk to this kid alone. Please make sure no one sees us." 

"Okay." 

And then the ahjussi left. I should've definitely left with him . I did try but the hands that were placed firmly on my arms didn't seem like they were about to let go anytime soon. I would've shouted 'assault' but he wasn't really hurting me, just holding tight enough.

"Will you run away?"  He asked. It's proved. This guy is psychic. He can read minds.

"I was planning to but I guess I won't , more like I can't . Who knows how many people you have around to keep watch." I replied , deciding to just get it over with. In fact it's better this way. I needed to know why he selected me and why he seemed so pissed off.

He looked at me , distrust lining each and every corner of his face.

"I said I won't leave. I really won't."  I said feeling frustrated now. I think I am the one who should be sending such doubtful looks considering the fact I was the one who was kind of kidnapped by him.

He finally let go of my arms and stared at me as he opened his mouth multiple times to say something but looks like he was having a hard time doing that.

"Ah! Are you mad that I didn't thank you properly that time? I was really confused at that moment. I still am. Anyway, thank you very much." I said out loud as I bowed and turned around swiftly to move away stealthily. 

He grabbed the straps of my bag . There goes my ninja skills down the drain. I turned around like a good student and faced him.

"You are that kid, aren't you? That annoying girl with pigtails."  He asked as his expressions turned sour.

My eyes widened as I was completely taken aback. How did he remember? That one day, all we had done was fight but he still remembered? 

"How did you recognize me?" I stuttered as I asked him cause if I remember clearly, he seemed to have recognized me even before knowing my name. I remember the look of recognition that flashed across his eyes, as soon as he walked through those doors during the audition.

" What do you mean how? You looked exactly the same. The only thing that has changed is your height. The rest , from head to toe, you look exactly same." Was he trying to pick a fight ? What did he mean by exactly same? I was a grown woman now? What about my s-line? Okay I didn't really have that much of a flaunt-worthy figure but still how can he compare my body with a child's. I was about to give him a piece of my mind but his next question made my throat tight all of a sudden , " Who wouldn't recognize you?"

He was really trying to pick a fight, wasn't he? That was a sensitive subject at the moment. I wanted to scream at him but his words somehow seemed to blow away the anger and the feelings of hurt and disappointment returned.

"Taeyang oppa didn't." I whispered softly.

"Huh?" He asked , irking me further

"I said Taeyang oppa didn't recognize me. If I am the same from head to toe why didn't he recognize me ?" I ask-shouted him. Why was my vision getting blurry all of a sudden? !! Were those tears in my eyes? No Mio you are in enemy territory right now, tears are your weakness. No Crying!!

"So is that the reason you were about to spill the beans?" He asked, his voice sounding cold and unfriendly again.

I looked up too find that his expressions matched his voice. Why was he angry again?

I gave him a confused look which seemed to agitate him further. 

" Why are you so selfish?" He asked and before I could make a list of all the selfless things I had done till date he continued,"You were angry that Taeyang didn't remember you so you wanted revenge. You wanted to talk about that incident from 9 years ago, didn't you? Bring up the past and cause some sort of scandal for us. With the news of Hyorin and Taeyang dating , we are already suffering some setbacks and you want us to suffer more don't you?" He let out a huff of breath after that. Like he had finally freed his chest.

I couldn't even be angry at him cause what he said made sense. Every little thing could majorly affect the image of an idol. I should have thought things thoroughly. But then something really important crossed my mind.

"Did you select me because you wanted to shut me up? So that I would stop talking?" I started feeling hollow all of a sudden , empty and devoid.

"Of course ", He replied without missing a single beat," I had to protect Youngbae and us. It's a crucial moment for us right now and that was the only way I could think about at that time." 

And I was getting happy all by myself, thinking that I made it cause I was talented. What was I thinking ? I feel like a fool right now.

"I think your actions were foolish too" He replied. Did I say that out loud?" There is a limit to one's selfishness. What is it that you actually want? If you like him that much shouldn't you support him? Make sure that you don't let the public know about this. You aren't seeking for attention this way , are you?"  He continued to throw insults at me.

I was feeling apologetic in the beginning and then I was in the process of feeling sad and depressed but the more he talked , the more irritated I became. I was about to admit I was wrong and beg for forgiveness and was going to withdraw from the competition anyway, why was he going overboard here? 

"Are you a woman? Why are you talking so much? I got the point. I was wrong and I am sorry. I won't go around speaking absentmindedly . Are you happy now?" I shouted back feeling wronged and angry at the same time.

He seemed taken aback by my sudden outburst as he blinked his eyes a few times and kind of stuttered ," Well , as long as you understand." But then he seemed to get his head together," Yah! Is that how you speak to your elders? How were you raised?"

"Don't you dare raise questions on my upbringing." I spat back.

"This rude kid, rude then rude now. I guess somethings never change." He replied . 
 
It's true I was hurt, I wanted to cry. Too many disappointing events took place within a single day but right now all I could feel was anger. And in a way I was glad I was angry because if I wasn't then I would probably end up crying like a kid. 

We continued to bicker but this made me agree with him on that one point .Even back then, Taeyang oppa was kind. Even back then I irritated GD constantly and even back then he fought with me like an ahjumma, he speaks a lot.
 
I guess somethings never change after all.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/n

GD used to talk a lot. I mean he still does but a more mature vibe comes out from him nowadays. I love him anyway. I wanted to show the sort -of childish side of him with Mio. It was conveyed well right?

*starts sharpening knife and smiles widely*

It was conveyed perfectly right?

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sry I just feel a little cray-cray today. (*whispers- it starts from p and ends in s*)

Thankyou for reading all you wonderful people. *.*                                    

*I feel really stupid right now. I uploaded this chapter 2 days ago but I forgot to make it readable. (X_X)*

And I don't know why bt this chapter keeps on being unreadable even though i haven't done anything.. I am making this readable for the 4th time now.