Chapter 10 Friends? Rivals?

MADE

"Bae Sun hee
Park Woo jin
Lee Hye jung
Choi Hyun woo
Kang Ji-ah
Young Sumi
Song Mio.... "

I didn’t even care to read the other names after that. I was jumping and laughing all by myself; wondering in 1/10000 th part of my brain where my best friend, who had promised to be with me, was.

I was surrounded with a lot of sighs and a few happy exclamations. I was still swaying my body from side to side when a women, who seemed to be in her mid-twenties, approached me.

"Aren't you Song Mio-shi?" She asked me smiling and extending her hand. "I am Sumi. Young Sumi."

I smiled back at her and shook her hand.  We both congratulated each other happily and then she walked away, wishing me luck. A beautiful face and a beautiful heart. She must be an angel. Even the way she walked was graceful.

"Don't be fooled because of the sweet face." A familiar voice suddenly spoke up beside me.

"Eh? " I asked turning slightly to see girl no.2 standing there with her arms crossed.

"That woman, she seems dangerous. The dress she used for auditioning was really similar to Marc Jacobs 2010 F/W collection. Well she tweaked it a bit but you could still notice it if you looked at it properly. I am really surprised that she actually made it. I thought the judges were pro." She paused her monologue while I tried to process the things she was telling me. She turned to look at me and stated with an air of indifference ,"She is here to survive and when talent-less people latch onto... hmm...unreachable goals, they will get dangerous." 

She then walked away, looking perfect like always. Sumi-eonnie seemed like a nice person though. She must've been inspired from that Marc Jacobs work. And why was girl no.2 saying these things to me? 

" Ah!! Did you pass the audition?" I shouted after her.

She turned around and looked at me with the "I-can't-believe-this-girl" look. Why was I even asking this question? The result was already crystal clear, wasn’t it?

"I am Bae Sun hee. The one who's name is on the top spot, personally selected by Seungri." 

"Congratulations!!" I said out loud and waved at her. She rolled her eyes and huffed a breath.

"Don't go all 'congratulations!!' on me. We are rivals. R-I-V-A-L-S. I am going to win this thing anyway so instead of congratulating me pray for yourself. "

The way this girl talked, she looked more dangerous than Sumi-eonnie. My "MIAH" (missing in audition hall) friend arrived as Sun hee walked away.

"Tch tch tch, why does she make me want to punch her every time I see her?" Eunso said as she cracked her knuckles. 

"Care to explain where you disappeared off to? " I asked trying to change the topic while pretending to be irritated.

"Omona! You won't believe what just happened. I took lots of pictures with her. She gave me her autograph and she is soo sweet, she even shared chocolates with me . I think I can die without any regrets now." 

"Want me to help with the dying part? " I asked through my teeth. 

She linked her arm with mine and happily replied, " I know you aren't angry, you at lying. I am sorry anyway. Oh! by the way what happened to that audition. Are you doing it or not? "

I nodded my head in response.

"Really? " Eunso asked, her eyes about to pop drom her sockets.

I nodded my head again.

"Aigoo!" She exclaimed as she hit my arm , " Then what was all that drama for? " 

We both laughed after that, like crazy, the really really crazy kind.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××

"What the hell is this? " Eunso asked as she stared at the long parchment in my hand. I just shook my head not knowing what to say.

"Have to stay in appointed house, share room with the said person, must wake up and report to said places on time, should have no objections to being followed by camera 24/7, must participate in fair and just manner, results given by the judges and public is final and cannot be objected....Wow! This is a different level of competition, isn't it?"

I shook my head again as I stared at the contract. Once I signed it I would officially be a member of the survival series. With slightly trembling hands I picked up the pen and after exhaling the pent up breath in a huff, I signed the contract. 

"Yay!!!" Eunso and my mom shouted and we all hugged each other tightly for a few minutes after that. I had never been this excited for anything in my entire life. I was afraid of turning out to be a failure, I was afraid of embarrasing myself infront of the whole nation and I was really afraid of that unknown territory that would surround me soon but I was happy, and for now that was enough.