Chapter 1 The Breaking News

MADE

My heart felt broken. The tears wouldn't stop and the sobs wouldn't fade away either. A tear smeared , snot covered face was what my mom saw as soon as she entered my room. By the look on her face , she was probably here to scream at me for some sort of chore that I had diligently ignored but her expression turned 180° after facing me.

"Mio-ah , what's the matter? Are you hurt somewhere?" She asked taking in my temperature with one hand and my head with the other. 

"Omma. Omma." I tried to speak in between the sobs.

"Tell me , tell me what is wrong. " She pleaded me.

With my shaking hands I pointed towards the TV. Her eyes darted towards it. There was a huge breaking news.

A picture of Bigbang was being shown at the moment.

The camera then zoomed into Taeyang oppa as the announcer continued to blabber on.

"YG entertainment has just given it's statement regarding the rumors that spread like wild fire after Dispatch released some pictures of Taeyang and Min Hyorin . Both the agencies have accepted that the hot idol is indeed dating the actress and they have been in a relationship secretly for 2 years now. ....."

To say my mother nearly killed me after that would be an understatement. 

"Aish! jjnja." I cursed as I sat down to wash clothes.

 Taeyang oppa had promised to marry me. Think I am joking? No. I am not. He did promise to marry me when we grew up but then again no one , not even my own mother believed me. I had told this story to her countless time but no! she thought I was just making up stories about hot idols.

A promise is a promise. How could he forget about me? Well we were together for only a single day but did it mean so little to him?

Now that I think about it, it was more like a blackmail from my side but a promise was made anyway even though I was half asleep at that time.....hmmm....well in my defense I was 9 back then. 

"Mio , if you are not done with the clothes in the next 30 mins you won't get lunch." My mom shouted at me from the kitchen breaking my chain of thoughts. 

"Omma!" I shouted back trying to sound cute at the same time. Let's just say aegyo wasn't meant for me. 

It's the damn washing machine's fault. Why did it have to break down all of a sudden? Was the whole universe out there to get me? 

I would soon get to know that the whole universe was indeed out there to get me and then chew me up pretty good. If I had known back then , then maybe I wouldn't have ran after that ice-cream truck.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

"Omma ! Jejebu ahjussi is passing by. Give me money. Hurry up." I asked my mother as I extended my hand towards her. I could hear the familiar bells of the ice-cream truck calling for my soul. 

My mother stared at me like I was a hopeless cause.

"Omma. Please hurry up. I just broke up with Taeyang oppa yesterday. I deserve this ice-cream." I pleaded.  She knew I wasn’t going to leave no matter what. It was a war whose victor had been decided ages ago.

" I sometimes wonder how you are the eldest daughter in this family....blabalab..." My mother muttered as she handed me the 500 won.

I blew her a kiss and then ran outside.

 OMG . 

How could Jejebu ahjussi leave me behind? He knew I was a regular. He was already around 50 m ahead as I started to run after the truck. 

"Jejebu ahjussi! Jejebu ahjussi!" I shouted after the truck. Thank god the truck was stopped soon enough by a small girl. A few kids gathered around the truck and by the time I reached the truck , almost all the kids had already received their ice-cream. 

"Oh , Mio-ya . Why are you late today? Usually you are the first one to get here."

"Ahjussi, how could you not even wait a few minutes for me." I complained as he compiled the usual I had , chocolate peppermint with pistachios and loads of choco chips. 

I handed over the money and waved him goodbye. I don't know what's it about jejebu ahjussi's ice-cream but it was far better than any other ice-cream parlor I had been to till date . My mother said it's heavenly taste was only my imagination and I liked the fact that it came by a truck more than the ice-cream itself. I beg to differ. 

As the truck drove past , a bluish black poster caught my attention. It was stuck on the lampost on the opposite side of the street where I was standing. As curiosity took over I walked towards the poster.

"Project Nonagon 3.1" 
The heading read . Nonagon as in YG's fashion brand?

"Do you want to be a world renowned fashion designer?"

I nodded my head at that. I didn't have to be a designer. As long as I could be world renowned something, anything would be fine.

"Then this might just be your chance . If you believe you have what it takes to match the colors of YG then join project Nonagon 3.1 and who knows you might be the one responsibe for our artists stage outfits. "

Hmm.. YG's artists as in IKON, WINNER, PSY, EPIK HIGH, AKMU , 2NE1 , BIGBANG.  

Hmmm...Bigbang as in Taeyang oppa. 

 'click'snap'click'. 

I took plenty of pictures of the posters to check the details at home.

"Oppa. Here I come. I will definitely ask you why you broke our promise." I muttered to myself as I chomped on the last remaining bits of my ice-cream.