Chapter 14 The first round

MADE

After everyone arrived we were asked to stand in a line again. Taeyang oppa and the so-so judge started off the show with smiles and cheerful greetings, well they tried. Taeyang oppa wasn't really the emcee type and the so-so judge didn't seem that great either, but the situation was somewhat adorably awkward.

Finally we were allowed to eat and Sumi eonnie kept me company because of which I got the chance to know a lot of the people here. I couldn't remember the names but I could remember the faces. So, next time we met, I would definitely not mistake them for the production crew, hopefully. A few faces and names did catch my attention though.

Kim Ye-jun oppa. Why? Because he had the same name as Song Ye-jun aka Hye-jung eonnie's roommate. And the two Ye-juns appeared to be in cold war with each other and they weren't trying to be subtle about it either.  

And Ikuta Haruki-kun. Why? Cause he was Japanese!! It isn't really something to brag about but I spent my childhood in Japan. Almost 9 years of my initial life was spent there but then we moved back to Korea because of my parent's relationship 'stuffs'. That is a story for some other time but right now I wanted to get to know Haruki-kun. Maybe I just wanted to converse with him in Japanese, it had been a long time after all.

And that's about it.

After dinner was over a big camp-fire was lighted in a fireplace, I hadn't noticed before and we all sat around it. Because my stomach was full and the fire felt warm I started dozing off slightly. The voices around me growing fuzzier by the moment.

"Well then we will start the first mission for Project Nonagon 3.1." Taeyang oppa's voice seemed to boom all of a sudden.

All symptoms of the looming sleep vanished into thin air after that announcement. Surprised gasps surrounded me and almost everyone's face was filled with shock. 'Fed and then slaughtered' . The so-so judge's voice rang on my head.

"All of you get to choose any number between 1 to 10. It's alright no matter how many times the number is repeated. The no. you choose will assign you a specific fabric and you will have to work with it. You will also need to choose a specific color. Models will be assigned to you after you submit your initial sketch." Taeyang oppa paused after that to take a look at all of us. A girl contestant raised her hand and asked, " Is there a specific theme we need to keep in mind?"

It was Kang woo-shi who gave the answer, " Since it's your first official work for the show make clothes that will express who you are, hmm.. like introducing yourself. Well since you guys get to choose only one color, it might be difficult. Expressing in monotone. But that's the challenge. Show us creative stuffs." His hand then touched his camera fondly as he added,"Something that would look nice through my lens."

We all nodded our head in response. I don't know about the others but I didn't get what the judge said just now. Introducing yourself? What would introduce an average high school senior?

Little pieces of paper were handed to all of us and we were asked to write our name, a number between 1-10 and a color of preference.

Writing my name. Easy. I have been writing it since I was a child.

Writing a random number. Sure. I choose eight cause my room's no. 8 too.

Writing the name of a preferred color though. OMG. Help! SOS! What color defines me? I never really liked a specific color. I didn't discriminate. I loved all the colors. The audition dress was pink because as I drew it, I drew it with pink in mind but right now I didn't have any sort of sketch or idea at all. Something that defines me.

You're just a hopeless high school girl.

Shut up annoying voice. Wait! Don't shut up. I am a hopeless high school girl! Let's forget the hopeless part and ta-dah my school uniform. That uniform has been with me for the past three years. Nothing else could define me better then that. We had grey skirts, with lighter grey pullovers.That's it. It's got to be grey. Grey! Grey!

**************************************************************************************

Nobody's/ Everybody's/ Whatever you would like to think's POV

12:45 am

"Who is there?"  Lee Hye jung awoke, startled at the middle of the night as she felt movement within the room.

"Did we wake you up? Sorry." A voice whispered back then proceeded to explain. " We are the staff and we are delivering your fabrics. You can go back to sleep and check your stuff in the morning."

"Oh! Okay." She whispered back and snuggled deeper in her blanket. After the footsteps retreated and she was sure the staff had left she stood upright and reached for the box. "There is no way I can wait until tomorrow. " She whispered as she pointed at random cameras in the darkness. She opened the box and felt the fabric with her hands. "Ramie?" She questioned herself as she reached for her handphone at the  nightstand. She then turned the flashlight on and looked at the box again.

"Ramie." She smiled.

*****************
4:55 am

"Ugh taffeta. It's a pain in the to work with but the end results are usually damn nice. And the possibilities are endless with this one." Bae Sun hee thought as she opened the box she had found at the foot of her bed that morning. She looked sideways at the bunk bed, wondering what the two boxes there contained, as both the owners of the boxes were still asleep.

"Well! Time for yoga." She whispered as she got up to get ready for the day.

**********

5:45 am

"What is this?" Choi Hyun woo wondered out loud as he stared at the box at the foot of his bed. He stretched his body once and then reached for it. 

"NOOOO!!!!" He screamed, effectively waking up his roommates. 

"What's it ? What's it?" Kim Ye jun jerked his head around the room trying to find the source of the sound.

The other roommate Kang Ji-ah also woke up to find the 17 year old Hyun woo rolling around his bed making alien sounds. Unable to comprehend the situation he looked at his other roommate for explanation but just got a shrug in response.

"What is it maknae?" He asked when irritation started hitting his nerves.

"Hyung! I got tulle. How could I have get tulle? What can I even do with tulle? I wanted something chic to look cool in front of Sun hee noona but what do I do? Whatever shall I do with this? Can't I exchange this with anything? Hyung! Help me!" Came a series of whining as an answer

Ye jun laughed out loud at the poor boy while Kang Ji-ah tried to pacify the child that was throwing tantrums. " They never specified you have to do male clothes. You can make female clothes and just tell them that you are a woman at heart. And that's you expressing yourself." Well he was 'trying' to pacify the child.

With fits of laughter Kim Ye jun reached for his box. "I have denim ." He said out loud beaming at his luck.

"Cotton." Kang Ji-ah said looking at his box.

"WHY? WHY? WHY tulle?" The maknae pulled his hair as he cursed at himself internally. He had chosen no.8 because that was Sun hee noona's room and he had developed a huge crush at her. That chic and cold personality of hers. She was definitely his type and now he had to appear in front of her with tulle. Why God Why?

******************

And they all had a week to complete their work.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

A/N 

The new chapter is here!! 

Enjoy and have a wonderful day everyone.