Chapter 9 The panda isn't so bad after all.

MADE

The smile that I had plastered on my face throughout the speech by the principal seemed like a frozen mask as I smiled at everyone while rushing to the bathroom, probably creeping everyone out. It had been quite sometime, like really really long time since our school had had anything to brag about. My school's long lost pride and fame had returned by a mere milimeter but that too was fake. I couldn't bring it in me to announce that I was quitting. Did I want to quit at all? 

"I really have no idea. What am I supposed to do? Arrrggh...." I shouted as I pulled my hair with as much force as I could. It hurt. Thus, more whining.

"Just go there tomorrow and then do whatever you feel is right. Who knows you might end up regretting withdrawing later. So just go there and if it still feels wrong then get the hell outta there. "  Eunso said as she tried to fix my hair.

"You really want me to enter that competition, don't you? " I asked already knowing the answer.

"Well, it's not like you get selected for such a huge competition and. .." She mumbled as I shook my head. It just felt wrong. But if I don't go , what about my school's barely regained pride? Should I just go and get knocked out in the first round? No! That would be really rude to the person who didn't get selected because of me. Now that I think about it ,What about the person who would have made it , if it hadn't been for my stupid mouth.

"Stop banging your head!" Eunso shouted as she pulled me by the hair she had been desperately trying to fix just a few seconds ago. I had been hitting my head on the bathroom mirror unconsciously.

"Eunso-ya save me!" I slurred as I hugged her with all my might.

"How come you have the ability to get in trouble even in the most absurd situations ." She asked as she tried to balance me.

"I don't know! I don't know!" I shook my head wildly.

"I will come with you. Tomorrow, Let's go together and no matter what you decide, I will support you. Okay?" She said my head.

"You know that you're my lifeline right?" I asked, holding her tight.

"I know you can't survive without me." She sighed as she hit my head lightly with her knuckle. 

×.×.×.×.×.×.×.×.×.×

It had been two days already but I still couldn't get used to the amount of people that looked my way no matter where I was. I was back, standing again in front of those doors where everything had started. But this time I wasn't really nervous, I was...sad. I wanted to be here , be a part of this competition but knowing that I didn't belong here felt worse than anything else.

I took a deep breath as Eunso tangled her fingers with mine and lightly squeezed my hand. I turned towards her to find her smiling slightly, encouraging me to take that step forward. I nodded as I internally thanked God for giving me a friend like her.

She was weird. Eunso was someone who had a 10d personality , but somehow she seemed to always be in the exact mood I needed  her to be. She was sweet and caring at times and if I acted spoilt she would be cold and calculating all of a sudden. And currently she was in support-mode.

Exactly what I needed right now.

"Aren't you going in?" Somebody asked in a irritated tone from behind us. I guess we were blocking the path. I turned around to apologize but somehow said a completely different thing.

"Girl no.2 !!" I exclaimed in a surprised tone.

She seemed to recognize me instantly but her face hardened and she looked angry?

"No. 2." That girl and Eunso said at the same time. The only difference, Eunso sounded like she understood what I was talking about whereas that girl sounded furious.

"You must think pretty highly of yourself. Girl no. 2? Me? Aa...You must be no.1 then. Get off that high pedestal you have placed yourself at. I am going to make it through this round and crush that pride of yours." She then stormed off before I could explain myself, somehow still looking pretty.

"Wow, that girl is totally jealous. " Eunso stated looking irritated as well.

"I was the one who misspoke." I said feeling kind of guilty.

Eunso just shook her head as we went inside. It was crowded like last time, expectant faces looking towards the huge monitor that would soon reveal the names of those who made it through.

"Omona!!!" Eunso shouted all of a sudden patting (hitting) my arm gently (with all her might).

"What? what? what?" I asked irritated, rubbing my arm.

"It's ......"

"Huh? Who is she? " I asked as I looked at the direction she was pointing at to find a beautiful young girl in white walking with a few people in suits.

"She is the Song So Hee, also known as pansori prodigy. Omona! What do I do? What do I do? She is so beautiful. Her voice is just...." She paused as she placed her her hands on either side of her face and looked towards her with a dazed expression. At this point you could see a bright halo all around her.

"For now, breathe." I said , trying to be helpful.

I don't know how Eunso interpreted that as run towards So Hee at full speed, but that's exactly what she did.

I decided to run after her but then something felt awfully wrong. Was it that time of the month already? I wasn't really the type to keep track of it but why did it feel like that. I hurried off to the restroom.

I got out of the stall, sighing in relief, washed my hands and walked outdoors. I took out my phone in order to call Eunso.

"Hey you!" A voice shouted. I looked up but then suddenly I had the utmost desire to return back to the toilet.

It was Bigbang's very own panda.

"What's with you , me and this washroom corridor?" I thought it, while he asked it out loud.

"Hello. Nice to meet you." I smiled and bowed hoping that he would not remember the past mishaps at all.

"Oh really? It's nice, isn't it ?" He asked smiling sweetly. What was with him? I couldn't even tell whether he was angry, frustrated or plain irritated.

"Yes. It's really nice. " I replied , trying to play the innocent card. I scanned our surrounding. The corridor wasn't really small but there was no way I could pass by him without him catching me and strangling me.

He kept on staring at me, like I was a puzzle of some sort. I gulped hard as guilt struck me back, but wasn't his gaze a bit too much ? I might melt here. He opened his mouth to probably scold me but I beat him at that and started shout-apologizing him.

" I am sorry! Sorry! Sorry! I was wrong, I did wrong but honestly I was already irritated then and you called me pink baby. And I did feel bad and I was about to apologize back then but Taeyang-oppa caught me stealing the pants and some other events took place too .I am in crap mood right now too. And that irritating leader of yours!"

"Are you apologizing or shouting at me?" He asked disbelief clear in his tone, but then he folded his arms, definitely not a good sign, " And now that you mention it, what is your relationship with Jiyong-hyung?"   

"What are you talking about? Wh..what..so..sort..of relationship? " I replied trying to smile and hide the stammering.

"What happened bach then was definitely weird. Hyung would never do something like that. Well I admit your designs were cool and you would've made it anyway but... Yah! Why are you crying???"

OMG! Seungri just said my designs were cool.The Seungri. The maknae of Bigbang. The panda. I was happy crying . He is definitely the best one in Bigbang, No , the best one among all the idols. "Can you repeat what you just said?" I asked my hands covering my mouth and my eyes staying glued to his.

He looked confused but he complied," Hyung has a cheap mouth."

"Not that one!" I protested.

"He doesn't know how to keep secrets?" He tried again.

"Not that one either!"

"Oh! I got it! What happened back then was weird." And again he tried.

Seriously, what were we doing here?