Three

Pretending
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Finally it's the day that my member and i, also our fans, have been waiting for so long. Our first mini concert. We've hardly prepared for it since three months ago despite our busy schedules. And now here we go! Another big step toward our dream to be the queen of Kpop.

 

"Taeyeon, can you go get Tiffany? I think she's still in the restroom. I want to have a word with you two before the concert begin." Our manager oppa said to me. Actually i can guess about the thing that he wants to discuss with me and Tiffany. But since there are crews and staffs around us, he needs to be careful in choosing the words that he can openly said to me. Because this little secret is not open for public. It's only for our CEO, managers, and QG's members to know. The lesser people know about it the better.

"Okay, oppa. I'll go get her now." I replied and waved lazily at him before i leave the waiting room to look for my so called bff.

-.-.-.-.-

 

"Tiffany?" I pushed the toilet's door and seek for her. There's only one toilet stall with door closed. She must be in there.

"Hwang, you're in there?" I lightly knocked on the door.

"What is it, Kim?" As always she sounds rather cold and unwelcome, not a new thing for me no more. But i also realize something unusual in her voice. She sounds weak. Is she alright?

"You're okay?" Before i can't stop it, those concern words slipped out of my stupid mouth. Aish, why should i care?

She annoyingly scoffed before she replied with her arrogant tone. "And since when you start to care?"

"Look, Hwang. I don't really care about anything related to you and i believe we both know that since it's mutual. But manager oppa told me to look for you and see him later. He wants to talk with you and i, the two of us." Right, you said the right thing, Kim Taeyeon. You don't care about her but since you have to bring her with you to meet manager oppa, you don't have any choice but to stay and wait for her. It's not because you care and worry about her.

Soon i heard the click sound and she walked out from the stall. Wait, she looks a bit pale. Is she sick?

"Fine. Let's go to meet him." Tiffany said and leave the toilet while i'm trailing behind her wordlessly.

-.-.-.-.-

 

*knock knock*

"Come in."

"Oppa, we're here now." I said and stand beside Tiffany as we both waiting for our manager oppa to speak.

"God, Tiffany! You look pale. Are you okay?" Manager oppa asked in worry. See, i'm not the only one who can see how unwell this girl is right now.

"I'm fine, oppa. I'm just a bit tired i guess with our concert preparation and stuff." Tiffany answered as she gave a small smile to reassuring our manager oppa.

"You don't look fine, Tiff. You better take some medicine or vitamin before the concert start. I don't want to see any of my kids collapsed on the stage while performing. The management will scold me for not able to take a good care of my kids."

"Don't worry, oppa. I will survive. It's just one and a half hour. I can handle it. I'm a pro." Tiffany playfully said. Why she always become less hostile toward everyone but me. Did i ever do something bad to her so she hates me like this? If i did, why i can't remember it?

"Okay then. Please do that. Please be well." Manager oppa said before he speaks again. "So, Taeyeon, Tiffany, the thing that i want to tell you two is about TaeNy." I knew it! I mentally said.

"Don't forget to make some moments since there will be so many fancams and stuffs. Just do a simple yet sweet gesture. No need to overdo it. Make it as natural as possible. Things like linking arms as you two walk together around the stage, lean your body close against each other as you two stand side by side in the QnA session, throwing small smiles to each other as you peform the song, be dorky together, and eye contact. Keep your eye contact for a second or two as you sing the lines in the song."

"No need to hug each other this time? Or tight hand holding as we sing the whole song?" I just can't help but to ask further, in detail, since i don't want to get scold for not doing exactly what they want. So i have to make sure right.

"Nah, this time it's okay with small caring gestures, no need to show too much skinship."

"Fine with me." I nonchalantly said. But there's a small part of me that somehow hoping for manager oppa to ask me to hug her close, or hold her hand as we sing our ballad song. Because only when we're performing on stage i can hold Tiffany's soft hand. Only when there are cameras and thousand pairs of eyes watching us, i can bring her body close against mine and enjoying the warmth radiating from her body. 

"Got it, girls?" Our manager oppa enthusiastically asked and we both nodded in unison.

-.-.-.-.-

 

*author's note: yeowang shidae literally means queen generation. Yeowang (여왕) means queen. Shidae (시대) means generation.*

 

"YEOWANG SHIDAE! YEOWANG SHIDAE!!" the fans keep chanting our name even before we show ourselves in front of them.

And soon the red curtain slides open and the spotlight shone right on us, the Queen Generation. A loud cheering and applause roaring the studio. I just can't help but formed a proud smile after seeing our fans' ethusiasm.

There are more than two thousands of our fans today that come to watch our first ever mini concert ever since we debuted three years ago. Not so bad right for a starter?

The first song we performed is our debut song, 'Into the new world'. Our fans didn't do the usual fanchant, instead they are singing with us. From the first line until the last line in our song. They memorized them all perfectly.

And then our next song is the first song that brought us to the first position in the music chart and got us our first award, 'Gee.'

Song after song and finally we're reaching the QnA session where there will be a MC who will ask us questions and make us to do some games together with some of our lucky fans.

So far Tiffany and i are doing our part correctly, according to the plan. We threw smiles toward each other from time to time whenever our eyes 'accidentally' meet each other's. We held our gaze for few seconds before we 'shyly' break the eye contact. She even winked at me and softly nudged me with her finger as i sing my 'pabo' part in Gee which i replied with a dorky expression on my face. So far we did great. As always.

And now as we stands next to each other in the QnA answer, i have to 'naturally' link my arms with her. So i slowly linked my arm with her and she too 'naturally' lift her arm a lit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter