Fourteen

Pretending
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(6th October 2016; 19.00 KST)

 

"Saengil chukhahamnida, saengil chukhahamnida~ Saranghaneun uri SinB~ Saengil chukhahamnida~" The girls are happily sing the song for their birthday member, while the birthday girl can only grinned cheekily as she wait for the right time to make a wish and blow out the candles.

"Yeayyy~" The girls cheer and clap their hands after SinB blowed the candles.

"Now first cake, i'll give to..... drumrolls please~" SinB childishly requested to her unnies, and what even funnier is the fact that her unnies didn't complain at the request but instead granted it without having second thought.

"Dugudugudu~" The 4 girls gladly make the drumrolls sound with their mouth, even Hani tapping her fingers loudly on the table to create more sound.

"Unnies, i love you all, i really do even though sometimes i like to bicker with you or teasing you or even pranking you. But since this unnie is flying from a very very far place, she has to be in plane for ten hours long just to come here, i think it's only right if i give this first cake to her. So, Tiffany unnie, quickly come out and eat this cake!"

All of the girls except for SinB and Tiffany herself can't help but let out a gasp in unison, and their leader is surely the one who let out the loudest gasp.

Tiffany walked gracefully toward her member with a small playful smile on her face. They can't really see her eyes since the latter is wearing a shades but they can easily pictured in their mind how Tiffany's eyes curved into an eyesmile behind it.

"Happy birthday, Hwang SinB." Tiffany opened her arms, indirectly asking SinB for a hug which the younger girl gladly complied.

While Taeyeon still petrified on her spot, stood there unmoved, she even almost forget to breathe.

"Unnie, when were you coming? Why you didn't tell us about your visit?" Hani starts to nag.

"You're so mean, unnie." Minah joined in while Bomi nodding her head furiously, silently agreeing what Minah said.

"Sorry sorry. Stop hitting me, yah Yoon Bomi!" Tiffany hardly said as she's trying hard to avoid Bomi's soft punches and pinches attack on her as her way to protest to Tiffany who came without telling any of them beforehand.

SinB just lauged in amusement as she sees her unnies bickered like a kid. Who's older and who's younger now?, she thought.

Everyone is seem busy at the moment, except for one person. The petite leader of Queen Generation can only look at Tiffany from afar from where she stands. She didn't take a step closer nor further toward Tiffany. But her eyes never leave Tiffany's figure even for a second. Tiffany do realize that, but she's planning to 'deal' with Taeyeon later when the time is right for them to talk again, face to face, after several months of separation and only talked to each other through phone calls and texts that actually not so often either exchanged between them since both girls were busy with their own activities and schedules.

Taeyeon mostly about her schedules with Queen Generation and also her personal schedule while Tiffany was busy with having some quality me-time for herself as she travelled from place to place and meet up with her precious ones, like close friends and family member of her that live in States. After all, that was her original purpose as to why she decided to take a quite long hiatus from her life as an idol, aside from clearing her mind. So she have to make the most out of it.

"Taeyeon unnie, what's wrong with you? Why you become a statue over there?" SinB snickered, happily teasing their oldest unnie. SinB might be young but she is not stupid, even better, she's witty and can easily catch up with the situation around her. Taeyeon and Tiffany might think that none of their member know about the special feeling they have for each other. Little did they know, the youngest member of them is actually already start to figured out what's going on between the two girls.

"Since The Queen Generation is already with their full team, let's start the party~" SinB shouted and throwing her hands in the air like a happy kid she is.

*****

 

"What's wrong with you, Kim?" Tiffany approached Taeyeon with two glasses of drink in both of her hands. The other girls are busy playing God-knows-what game with each other, so Tiffany thinks it's the right time to have a private talk with Taeyeon.

"Drink up." Tiffany added as she handed one of the glasses to Taeyeon. Taeyeon harshly take a big gulped on her drink and emptied it in no time.

"Chillax, dude. If i didn't know you any better, i think you're going to kill me with that look in your eyes." Tiffany joked with a somehow annoying smirk. Guess she's enjoying this too much. Teasing Taeyeon, made fun of her.

But Taeyeon kept shut and glared at Tiffany.

"What?" Tiffany pretended to ask innoncently.

"You asked me what's wrong? I should be the one to ask you that, Hwang! What the hell is wrong with you?!" Taeyeon finally spatted out after trying to swallow in her anger, but failed in the end.

The annoying smirk on Tiffany's face soon replaced with a smile, a more genuine one this time.

"I'm sorry." Tiffany genuinely said, causing Taeyeon to get taken aback by the sudden sincere apology Tiffany made. All of her angers vanished in instant. And she totally blame herself and her weak heart for always having a soft spot for the latter.

"SinB begged me to come, two days before her birthday. She even threatened that she'll buy a plane ticket for me if i refused to come. And how can i let her to do that? To spend quite a lot of money just to buy airplane ticket for me. So i have no choice but agreeing to her plead. I don't want to tell you because where's the fun if i do that, right? Besides it's not like i have been planning for this for a long time. This visit is more like a spontaneous thingy,"

"I see. I understand." Taeyeon finally relented.

"Thank you." Tiffany smiled.

"So, how long you'll be staying in here?"

"Uh, honestly, i'll going back to US tomorrow afternoon."

"YOU WHAT?!" Taeyeon can't help but yelling at the girl that she has been growing fond of.

"I can't stay for too long, Tae. I really came here only for SinB's birthday."

"Geureom, naneun?? (Then, what about me??)" Taeyeon weakly asked.

"Taeyeon.."

"Enough. I get it. Guess this feeling is really one-sided feeling, Even if you do love me in the way i love you, like what you ever said to me, i know now that i'm the one who will love you more in this whatever relationship we have. Or maybe you already find someone new in States, and you really can't wait to see them again. You can't get separated with that person for too long so you need to go back to States immediately, as soon as possible. Therefore, go Tiffany. Do as what you want. I'm so done with this." It's tiring enough for Taeyeon to wait for Tiffany without any commitment made between the two girls and now Tiffany's indifference only make it harder for her.

Taeyeon turned her back against Tiffany and take a step away from the latter, attempting to run before Tiffany can see her tears.

But Taeyeon can only managed to take two steps forward because when she tried to walk any further, Tiffany already pulled her back as the latter wrapped her slender arms around Taeyeon's waist, hugging her close, refusing to let go and let their bodies to leaned against each other with no space in between.

"Can you feel my pounding heart?" Tiffany softly asked in Taeyeon's ear,  sending chills down Taeyeon's spine.

Taeyeon can feel how Tiffany's heart beats against the back of her body since their bodies are currently pressed hard against each other, so Taeyeon nodded.

"Good. It beats for you, Kim Taeyeon. It beats too when you're not around but it never beats as fast as it did when you're around. I love you, in the way you wanted me to. So never think the otherwise. You hear me?" Again, Taeyeon can only nodded.

Slowly Taeyeon puts her hands on Tiffany's hands that still protectively wrapped around her waist, cupping them with the palm of her soft little hands.

"I can't stay for too long because of family matter. So why don't we sit and talk, Taeyeon-ah? I have a lot to tell. And even if i already don't have anymore stories to tell, as long as you're there, i don't mind to just sit in silence beside you. I missed you. I hope you do too." Tiffany said as she nuzzled her nose in Taeyeon's hair.

"I do, i missed you too, so much 'till it hurts."

"Good to know." Tiffany said with her smiley tone and put her chin to rest on Taeyeon's right shoulder. Taeyeon can only sighed in contentment as she let her body to leaned deeper against Tiffany. The two stayed like that for some good minutes before Tiffany shouted to her members, announcing that she and Taeyeon will take their leave earlier to do some 'errand'. Luckily the other girls didn't probe any further about what kind of errand that their unnies want to do, and spare TaeNy some time of explaining.

*****

 

"Where ar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter