One

Pretending
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"If you don't love me, pretend.

It's like wishing for rain as i standing in the desert."

-  A drop in the ocean

 

 

I never like her since the first time i saw her. There's something behind her smile that make me feel uneasy.

Her smile seems fake, and her eyes full with intimidation toward everyone around her including me. There were times i saw her smirking at me. Creepy right?

Despite her beauty, i didn't see anything else to admire about her. They said her voice is unique. Low and husky, and alluring. They say, not me. But you know what, she can't control her voice. She often sing off tune or wavering when she tried to hit the high notes. Her voice is not mature enough. For what having a unique husky voice if she can't sing well? And how did i know? Because i was there. We often have same classes to attend, be it vocal training class, dancing class, acting class, and others. I guess i only didn't see her in the English class since i heard she came from USA or somewhere near that before she chosen as one of trainees here in SM entertainment.

Whatever, it's not like we're close or something. We even barely nodding head toward each other if we happened to meet each other in the hallway. Let alone giving a proper greetings. She's a jerk. An arrogant one. And i believe i'm not the only one who think of her like that. Who do you think you are, little missy? We're all the same here. We all just a trainee with the same dream which to be debut as soon as possible. I just hope when my time is come, and i can have my debut as either a solo or member of a group, i won't be in the same team with her. I mean, it's surely will be to be 'trapped' with her for years. Even imagining it already terrified me. That's like a nightmare.

**********

 

"Kim Taeyeon-ssi, Mr Lee wants to see you in his room." One of the staff who usually managed the trainees' schedule told me one day.

What? Mr Lee as in the CEO and also the owner of SM Entertainment wants to see me? Did i do something wrong? I only met him once. That was the first time i joined this company few years ago as one of their trainee. So what would it be this time?

"Don't worry, Taeyeon-ssi. It's a good news." The staff unnie patted my back lightly before she walks away, leaving me alone with my thoughts. I try to push aside those uneasy feelings and rushing toward Mr Lee's room. I mean i shouldn't be rude by making him waiting for too long for me right?

Once i arrived in front of his office, i knocked on his office door few times before i push the door open. Once i get inside Mr Lee's huge office room, i immediately bow at him and then look around the room while dragging my feet to walk inside the office. Why so many people in here? And wait, isn't that Tiffany? What's happening here?

"Ah, so everyone is here now. Please take your seat, Taeyeon-ssi." I politely nodded at him and trying to find a vacant seat for me. I inwardly sighed when i spotted the only vacant seat is beside Tiffany. It's not that i hate her or what, i just don't really like her.

So i lazily plopped down myself to sit beside her and keep my eyes straight to look at our CEO.

"So you must be wondering why i'm asking you all to gather in here right now?" We all nodded in unison but still keep mum, and pay full attention on our boss.

"I have a good news to announce. Last year, we just debuted our second boyband which is Super Boys. And this year, we're planning to debuted another group, a girlband this time. Me and my team have choose the member of that soon to be debuted girlband, 'Queen Generation'. That's the name of the group. And you girls, Bang Minah, Ahn Hani, Yoon Bomi, Hwang SinB, Tiffany Hwang, and Kim Taeyeon, are those queens we choose. The six of you hopefully will be the queen of Kpop in the future." By now the six of us already have the same look in our eyes which is excitement, and we can't hide it, judging from how wide the smile on our face right now. Even the cold arrogant Tiffany also smiling so wide until i can see all of her white teeth.

So this is it. The beginning of our long journey toward a brighter future. Toward our dream, my dream. Even though my 'nightmare' just comes true, for now i don't care. I'll just pray hard to God to give me strength and patience for i'm going to get stuck with Tiffany Hwang in the same group for God knows how long. Because this good news is just too overwhelming. In a good way. Eomma, appa, your daughter will officially be a singer now!!

*****************

 

It's been two years since Queen Generation debuted. And it's safe to say that we gained such huge popularity rather fast in these two years. We have a quite tight schedule, around 5 to 8 events to attend including on air and off air shows. Even sometimes there is no free day at all for us in a week. Practice, perform, practice again, and performing again, sleep. Wake up and repeat the same routine on the next day. Not to mention the tight diet we are in, in order to keep our body in a good shape. The 6 of us often fallen sick because of our hectic schedule, but so far we are all still intact and survived.

Honestly, there were times when i'm feeling like quitting, but whenever i'm in that point, i'll think of how many torturing tired years i've spend as a trainee just to be in my position right now. So giving up is the last thing i should do. Besides, i believe my career, our career, will still have long way to go. We can experience more wonderful things in the future if i'm willing to stay and patiently wait for them. So i'll be anticipating all of those wonderful things to come.

In these past two years, a lot of things happened. Our bond as member of Queen Generation also get stronger and stronger. I can say i'm pretty close with the other member except for one person. And i believe you know who. Yes, Tiffany Hwang. For some reasons, i feel like she's putting up a wall around herself so everyone can't stand too near around her. It's like she keeps a certain distance with everyone including us, her member. And i know it's sounds like a nonsense, but i'm feeling like as if she's trying to distancing herself from me the most. But life always full of surprises. Things happened when you least expected it to happen.

 

(*flashback 1 year ago*)

"Hana dul set." I counted to three to give my member a heads up.

"Annyeonghaseyo! We are the QUEEN GENERATION!" We said it loudly in unison like what we used to practice before.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Kim Taeyeon-imnida. I'm the leader of Queen Generation. Jal butakdeurimnida (please take care of us)." I started the personal introduction. Then followed by the other member. We're here today to promote our second mini album.

Once the interview ended, we started to leave the room. Tiffany who walked not too far in front of me out of sudden lost her balance. Out of instinct i grabbed her by the shoulder from behind to prevent her from falling. I surely will do this to anyone, even to a stranger, simply because i am human and i have humanity in me. My parents always taught me since i was a kid to help the others in need, so even though i'm not really close with Tiffany, i still have a heart as human to help the others in need. And obviously Tiffany is one of them right now.

From the front, it's look like i'm backhugging her, because once i pulled her by the shoulder, our body collided. Her back part hit my front. Since i'm trying to steadying her, my grip on her is kind of strong. She yelped in surprised as our body collided, drawing people's attention on us. Unfortunately, there are still some fans and also cameras around us. They are witnessing this, even those cameras are recording our little moment, and soon we hear some loud cheerings.

"Aww so sweet!"

"Yahhh look at them!"

"How cuteee~"

"Taeyeon and Tiffany!"

"TaeNy! TaeNy!"

**********

 

Ever since that little accident, fans start to pay more attention to us. Us as in Tiffany and Taeyeon, me. It's also affecting Queen Generation's popularity in positive way. The video of me trying to save Tiffany's coolly backhugging Tiffany went viral thanks to fancams and also national TV's cameras that originally were supposed to record our interview session only.

Now our fans keep paying attention on us, on interaction happened between us two, and hoping us to make another cute moment for them to see. Some of them even go as far as making videos by editing and combining our so called 'moments' with some romantic bgm. 

Our management do realize this. So one day our CEO called for me and Tiffany to meet him. Like you can guess, the meeting is about make a fan service to make fans feel satisfied and happy. They want TaeNy, and that's what we're going to give them. CEO wants me and Tiffany to keep acting close and sweet once we're in front of the camera.

We shouldn't overdo it, in case people will suspecting our 'realness'. But we shouldn't be so ignorant either. We have to be smart and witty so our company's plan will be a success.

After we left our CEO's room, Tiffany and i can only looked at each other awkwardly. Since i'm the leader, i feel like i have to take the initiative first to break the ice, for everyone's sake.. so i did.

"I know we both don't like this idea, but for the sake of our group, let's try our best, Tiffany." I tried to smile sincerely at her but she just kept mum and shrugged nonchalantly before she walked away, leaving me behind, totally dumbfounded with her y attitude.

Oh God, how can i work together with this kind of heartless-emotionless person?!?

 

At first i thought it'll be hard for us two to give this kind of fan service, but much to my surprised, Tiffany is actually a very good actress, while i, Kim Taeyeon is a pretty fast learner. I have to admit that it was a bit hard and awkward at first, but our acting skill, it's getting better and better each time. Practice makes perfect they said. And that's exactly what Tiffany and i did. Sometimes i feel bad toward our fans for lying to them, but then, i wasn't the one who create this TaeNy thingy. It was the fans who made us and wanted us to be real. So don't blame me for this. As I am a victim too here.

Well..even though sometimes i still blame myself for being such a kind human-being and helped Tiffany and caused the unnecessary attention given to us. But regret won't do me any good so i try to not let myself keep drowning in regret and just do what i can do now.

 

(Back to present time)

And today is one of those days when they demand to have another TaeNy moment. Usually Tiffany and i will planned it beforehand like scheming

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter