7: Call me OPPA

Endless Summer
Please log in to read the full chapter

Okay this pic is so irrelevant....

................................................................................................................................

"Emergency? What kind of emergency? What could more of an emergency than this!?" Joonmyun cried.

He put his phone back in his pocket, and turned around, looking at the situation before him.

All the kids at the day care centre had started crying. That's right, Joonmyun worked part-time at a day-care centre. Zitao was his co-worker. Who happened to have his weekly off today.

He squatted down to be in level with a little girl who was sitting close to him. "Why are you crying? Won't you tell Joonie oppa what's wrong? Bbuing Bbuing...."

"HAHAHAHA!!! Joonie oppa? Bbuing Bbuing? Hahaha!!!" He turned around to find Yixing on the floor, laughing like his life depended on it. 'OH MY GOD! . Kill me now.......' Joonmyun moaned internally.

"Yixing? What are you doing here?" Joonmyun asked, using up the last bit of his remaining pride.

Yixing brought the plastic bag he was holding up to Joonmyun's eye level and dangled  it. "I thought I'd come visit you......you know, eat lunch with you..." Yixing said in a soft tone, eyes soft. Joonmyun fell in love all over again. "And?" Joonmyun asked, already on cloud9.

"Well.....looks like you're busy JOONIE-OPPA....HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!"                                                               

"Yixing!!"

"Okay..... need some help?"

Within minutes Yixing had them all calmed down, either sleeping or minding their own businesses.

The two were now seated on a bench near the play area. "You're really--- bad at this--- job, Joonie." Yixing said between bites of his sandwich. Joonmyun sighed. "I can handle it usually. I don't know what's wrong today......" Joonmyun said, half-eaten sandwich in his hand. Joonmyun sighed and looked at his lap.

Yixing furrowed his eyebrows. He lowered himself and looked at Joonmyun from below. "You okay? Do you have a fever Joonie?"

 "I'm okay."

Yixing pressed the palm of his hand on Joonmyun's forehead. Not sensing anything that way he grabbed, Joonmyun's head and brought Joonmyun's forehead to his cheek. Realizing what happened he immediately moved back. "Nope no fever " Yixing said.

"I told you I was okay..." Joonmyun said, looking out at the empty play area, a bright red painting his otherwise white skin.

"How about I take you somewhere, to cheer you up?" Yixing asked tilting his head like a little puppy-dog.

"Yixing, I-" "I'll go ask them to excuse you for the rest of the day!" Yixing announced before rushing inside.

"My shift is over....." Joonmyun said to no one in particular, eyes lingering over where Yixing was sitting.

"They say your shift is over!" Yixing said peaking his head out the door of the day care area.

"That's what I-" "LET'S GO!!!"Yixing exclaimed pulling Joonmyun along with him and out the day care.

"WAIT YIXING! MY BAG'S THERE!"

"Oops....." Yixing said, coming to a halt.

 

 

The fair was, like every other year, completely crowded.

"Hold onto my hand Joonie! Don't let go!" Yixing screamed over the voices of the crowd.

"Okay!" Joonmyun replied, happy with the idea of holding hands.

They started with games. Yixing spotted a unicorn plushie. "Joonie, I want that so I'm gonna play."

"Okay" Joonmyun replied.

Although Joonmyun wouldn't want to admit it......Yixing couldn't shoot. Scratch that. Yixing couldn't shoot even if his life depended on it. At the sixth try, Yixing gave up. Pouting he gave the gun back to the stall's owner and returned to where Joonmyun was standing. Something sparked within Joonmyun. He walked towards the stall, leaving a confused Yixing behind.

'I'll win it! Joonmyun FIGHTING!' He cheered for himself in his mind. He then took the gun from the stall owner and aimed it at the balloon........

Well that's what he did another eight times. If Yixing , then Joonmyun could probably go kill himself.

"It's ok-" Yixing started."No! I will win it!" Joonmyun said cutting Yixing off. Yixing stared at the man before him in awe.

Joonmyun paid the and picked up the gun the last time.

'Okay Joonmyun. Let's do this! For the love of Yixing' he thought to himself.

"I love Yixing...." he muttered to himself and shot. If there was one thing Joonmyun didn't know, it was when to give up. He was persistent and determined, even in matters like these. And it always..........paid off.

"OH MY GOD JOONMYUN! YOU DID IT!" Yixing jumped and back-hugged Joonmyun.

 

With one cotton candy each (and a unicorn plushie) the pair walked side by side towards their last ride...the Ferris wheel.

 

They got into one of the cabins and sat opposite each other, finishing their sweet tr

Please log in to read the full chapter