5: Joonie Knows Best and the apartment ghoul

Endless Summer
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chanyeol hated it when Baekhyun was upset. He hated it with a capital 'H'. And there was another thing he hated, which stood second to the first scenario and that was 'an awkward atmosphere'. 

"Hey! How 'bout some dinner you guys?" Insert awkward laugh. Chanyeol cringed internally.

Later, when the trio was seated at the mini-dining table, Jongdae asked Chanyeol about what had happened at the Cafe.

"What happened at which Cafe?" Minseok asked, completely unaware of the situation. Jongdae just glanced at him briefly, then looked back at Chanyeol without saying a word.

Soon Chanyeol explained everything to the two.

"He was pretty shaken up. He just fell asleep awhile ago" Chanyeol said looking into space. He soon snapped out of his trance and looked at the pair seated in front of him weirdly.

"But what's wrong with you guys? You'll haven't said a word to each other since I've come here" Chanyeol  said eyeing them like their aliens. "It's not normal."

Minseok coughed. Jongdae scratched his neck and stood up suddenly.

"Thanks for the meal!"  Jongdae immediately walking up to the kitchen sink with his empty plate.

He then approached the door "I'll be going out for a walk! I need the food to get digested!" Jongdae announced and soon got out, closing the door behind him.

Chanyeol stared at the door for a minute before looking at Minseok whose eyes were downcast. He was playing with his chopsticks, food barely touched.

"Hyung, at least you should tell me what's wrong. Did you'll fight again?" Chanyeol asked. Minseok nodded meekly. "But you'll fight all the time. Why are you so awkward with each other now....."

Minseok looked up all of a sudden. "Nothing's wrong Chanyeol-ah." Minseok then got up and walked over to the kitchen counter. He wrapped his plate in a silver foil and kept it in the fridge.

"It's been a long day . I'm going to sleep."

Chanyeol got a hold of Minseok's wrist. "Tell me what's wrong hyung?"

"I'll tell you later Chan-ah" Minseok said as he gently pried Chanyeol's hand off his. He then got into his room and shut the door behind him.

"Hyung......" Chanyeol sighed. "Looks like you've been abandoned Channie...." he spoke to himself. He looked down to see half his dinner still remaining. "Oh well, I cooked it, so I should eat it. I guess I could watch some T.V. too." He picked up his plate and walked to the living room. He took the remote, flipped it over once and pointed towards the T.V. turning it on.

"CATCH ME IF YOU CAN~~~" the T.V. blasted at full volume. Chanyeol fumbled with the remote, trying to turn the volume down.

"YAH! PARK CHANYEOL!" Minseok shouted from his room

"SORRY HYUNG!" Chanyeol called back, reducing the volume successfully.

He then sighed wistfully "I guess it's just you and me, Tiffany........"

But his mind kept wandering back to Baekhyun's expression earlier. 'He must have been really scared....'

...........................................................................................................................................................

 Jongdae had been standing outside the door the entire time. No, he didn't go for a walk.

'Could it be that I really do like Minseok?' Jongdae thought to himself. Shaking his head at the ridiculous thought, he walked away.

He soon reached a park. He looked at his watch. 9:00 PM. Jongdae eyes widened in surprise as he saw someone familiar seated on a bench under the light pole, a can of juice in hand. It was Joonmyun.

"HYUNG!" Jongda

Please log in to read the full chapter