What Jongin likes about Kyungsoo and "Candy-yah!"

Endless Summer
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Jongin-ah, how 'bout some desert?" Kyungsoo called out to him. Said male was already curled up on the couch, a cushion clutched near his chest as he watched a rerun of 'You who came from the stars'. Without answering, Jongin simply stood up from his seat on the couch. He walked to the kitchen only to find Kyungsoo's back turned to him. He was bent over looking into the freezer, at least 3 tubs of ice-cream before him. Jongin walked further into the kitchen until he was right behind Kyungsoo and without much thought, started tickling him. And Kyungsoo just melted into Jongin's arms, turning  into a pile of giggles; because when Kyungsoo was ticklish, he was very ticklish.

Jongin released the male only after he saw the tears in Kyungsoo's eyes and the redness of his ears, nose and cheeks.  Kyungsoo stood there catching his breath as Jongin inspected the choice of ice cream before lifting the tub of pistachio ice-cream and walking into the living room, not before directing a smirk towards Kyungsoo.

 

The boys sat in a comfortable silence, spooning ice cream into their mouths with their eyes locked solely on the screen, not evening blinking since it was the second last episode. An sudden ad break had Kyungsoo flinching and he got up taking the empty bowls in without sparing any glances at the surroundings. He ran back into the living room hoping he didn't miss anything only to be enthralled by the most endearing sight: A Sleepy Jongin.

Yixing and Jongin had practiced for a longer-than-usual span of time, and Jongin just felt so tired. He really wanted to stay awake and play with Kyungsoo but he couldn't keep his eyes open.  Hell he didn't even have the energy to lie down, but the food made him feel so heavy. He leaned back on the armrest of the sofa he was seated on, eyelids heavy and threatening to fall. And he gave right into it.

His head bobbed precariously as he just entered his slumber. His head fell back pulling him right out of his disturbed sleep, ephemeral fear burning through his heart due to the sudden jerk but all vanished because he was embraced in a pair of short arms, a small chest pressed into the side of his body . A small hand cradled his head, like one would hold a little baby. He looked up wide-eyed to see Kyungsoo staring down at him with a relieved expression.

"Soo-"

"Yah Kim Jongin~~ Go sleep on a bed." Kyungsoo said with mock sternness, withdrawing his hands slowly in case the male was still disoriented. But he didn't get too far since Jongin wrapped his comparatively longer arms around Kyungsoo's waist, like the oversized koala he was.

"Get up Jongin-ah~~ What's wrong?" Kyungsoo patted Jongin's arm slightly, suppressing the rising warmth inside him. "Come on....let's go." Kyungsoo grunted and hauled the male up with award-winning strength. "Come on." he urged once more walking towards the stairs, Jongin still attached to him. The male could be surprisingly obedient when he was sleepy.

 

If there was anything Jongin liked the best about Kyungsoo's house, it was Kyungsoo's bedroom(for reasons much more innocent than normally imagined). Each wall was painted a different colour, all in shades of auburn. An entire wall was in the form of huge ceiling to floor plate glass windows, overlooking the tree lined road of their quiet neighbourhood. They were covered by a golden brown transparent curtains, allowing on a minimum amount of light filtering in. The bed was a queen-sized one(Jongin wondered why Kyungsoo even had such a big bed since the male barely took up any space on it) Above the head rest, there were a few strings, holding up photos of Kyungsoo and his friends from different stages of featured Jongin(a fact he was proud of). And at the centre of the c

Please log in to read the full chapter