The Black Sword

Black & White
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A cloaked figure, hidden beneath elaborate Black robes, entered the room without revealing his face.

Kai and Sehun immediately rushed forward to meet the shrouded threat, while Suho and Chanyeol remained behind to protect Kyungsoo.

“SHOW YOURSELF!” yelled Kai, fearlessly taking the lead while raising his dragon-hilted sword.

“As you wish,” replied Luhan, bursting forth from his veil in one swift motion, uncovering a blinding white light that emanated from his body.

Overcome by the divine sight, the two Knights collapsed to the ground and shielded their eyes.

“No!” gasped Kai, struggling to look up at the radiant figure. “How can it be?! You died!”

“Your sword,” replied Luhan, standing over the two kneeling figures.    

Kai looked down at the weapon in his shaking hands. “What?!” he asked, trying his best to steady his grip.

“It once belonged to the Black King. It was the same sword that pierced my heart. Ironic, that you would come to inherit it.”

Kai looked up at Luhan, tear filled eyes slowly adjusting to the brightness. “I… I asked Kyungsoo if I could keep it. I don’t know why. Something about it… felt like you.”

“You were right, Jongin-ah. That is no ordinary sword. It was forged by the founders of the Black Kingdom. It protects the soul of anyone that it kills. That is how I returned.”

Kai shook his head. “I don’t understand!”

“You don’t have to understand,” replied Luhan with a soft smile. “I’ve come back to you. Isn’t that enough?”

“No!” replied Kai, refusing to give up. “That’s not enough! I must understand!”

There was a hint of hurt in Luhan’s eyes. “What would you like to know?”

Kai struggled to find the words. “Everything! What happened to you when you died?! Where did you go?! Who else was killed by this sword? Have they all come back?!”

“Most of its victims choose not to return. It’s not an easy choice, leaving the afterlife.”

“Most?” asked Kai, eyes widening. “So you’re not the only one who did?!”

Luhan’s expression darkened, as did the light emanating from him. “There was one other.”

“Who?! Tell me!”

Luhan turned his eyes towards Sehun who remained frozen in awe as he kneeled beside Kai.

Sensing Luhan’s gaze, the White Knight hesitantly looked up. As if through telepathy, understanding dawned upon him. “Lord Kim!” he cried out, louder than he had intended.

“What?!” exclaimed Kyungsoo, pulling his blood stained robes from Yixing’s grasp and pushing past Suho and Chanyeol.

“I killed the White Spy with that same sword!” exclaimed Sehun, leaping to his feet and gripping Kyungsoo’s wrist just before he reached Luhan. “I cut h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter