The White King (II)

Black & White
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan was led into the throne room by the Black General. Kyungsoo followed close behind, flanked by Sehun and Chanyeol. All four prisoners were surrounded by heavily armed guards.

The ornate White marble hall was filled with meticulously lined rows of Black military leaders, who turned in unison to watch as the procession made its way down the long center aisle. The Black King sat resolutely on the White Throne, dressed from head to toe in his Kingdom’s formal regalia. To his right, draped in Black robes, stood various leading members of his own Council. To his left, holding the diamond encrusted crown of the White King, stood Lord Kim.

“Your majesty,” called out the Black General as he bowed to the King at the foot of the steps leading up to the throne. “In honor of your coronation, I present to you, the White Princes.”

Kris rose from his seat in regal fashion, brandishing his dragon-hilted sword, which was already covered in blood. “First,” he announced, voice echoing around the immense hall, “bring me the traitors.”

Numerous Black Guards forcibly brought forward Kai, Baekhyun, and Chen from the back of the room and threw them roughly onto the steps at the King’s feet. Visibly weakened and bearing telltale signs of recent torture, all three crumpled to the ground. Luhan instinctively rushed forward to their aid, but was held back at once by the Black General’s own sword, which was pointed directly at the Prince’s heart.

Kris let out a menacing laugh, which was echoed nervously by the Council of Advisors. “Try as you might Prince Luhan, but you cannot save these worthless conspirators. They will face the same fate as the Port City King. Death by my sword.”

Kyungsoo leapt forward in a blind rage at the revelation of his father’s murder. “YOU COWARD!” he yelled at the top of his lungs, making his way halfway up the steps before several Black soldiers got ahold of his limbs and tackled him down.

“Don’t be too hasty to join him,” taunted Kris, walking forward and holding the tip of his sword in front of Kyungsoo’s face. He gently ran the blade along the small Prince’s cheek, leaving behind a stripe of his father’s blood. “He killed both of my parents, so I took my rightful revenge. It was merciful of me to end his miserable life. If you refuse to accept my rule, you will suffer far greater consequences. Now if you’ll excuse me, I must deal with these worthless traitors.”

“The real traitors are standing behind you!” exclaimed Luhan, eyes ablaze as he stared directly into Kris’s face. “Slaughtering us will not make you immune to their conspiracy. You too will face the same fate as our parents, at the hands of the same cruel monster, the White Spy.”

“Do not listen to his lies,” interjected Lord Kim, coming into view from behind. “He is trying to deceive you, just like I had warned.”

“No,” whispered Kai, struggling to find the strength to speak as he lifted his head up from the steps and stared up at his father.

Kris brought his sword from Kyungsoo’s cheek to the Black Spy’s throat. “How dare you speak in my presence! You spineless excuse for a human being. You were my most trusted spy. After the Prince’s capture, I considered you one of my most valuable assets, second only to your father. But you’ve chosen to join the wrong side, and for that mistake, you must die!”

Kai’s eyes were defiant as he looked up at the Black King. “I was never on your side or my father’s. From the beginning, I’ve only been loyal to the one I love

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter