Helpless daydreamer

Dangerous, Especially For Himself

 

 

It started raining heavily around ten o´clock. The sky darkened so much that I felt like it was an evening already. I listened to the tapping sound of the rain and it was pleasantly calming. The place I was seated in was warm and the wind on the other side of the window felt like a mirage. If I could, I would just lie on the table and close my eyes to enjoy the sounds of the rain and quiet murmurs of the people around.

“You daydream a lot,” Donghae remarked, effectively forcing my attention to him. But his voice was a little gentler and I hoped he wasn´t just jabbing into my ribs again.

“It´s because I tend to enjoy simple things,” I decided for a change to speak to him fairly. “Like the rain.”

“What a poser,” Donghae snorted. “Do you upload it on Instagram afterwards? Tsk.”

I´ve noticed it long ago that Donghae hated everything that sounded either romantic or cool. He thought that nobody could feel like that, the only certain thing was that everyone around him was pretending. It could have been this realisation but also the fact that I finally managed to calm myself after the horror in the terrarium, nevertheless, I continued explaining without even blinking my eyes.

“Some things would lose the charm in the photo but even like that I want to share the enjoyment,” I glanced at him but he was bored with my talk and only picking on his food. “But it´s a pity that some things just can´t be conveyed.”

“Are you going to eat that or what?” Donghae ignored me completely and instead pointed at my plate.

“No, I´m full, you can take it,” I shifted the plate closer to him and Donghae attacked it right away. I looked out of the window again.

“Why are you doing that again? I said I don´t like it. Stop it,” the brunette was back to his rude self.

“You don´t like it when I´m being a push over either so should I listen to you or not?” I leaned into my hand and moved only my eyes to look at Donghae.

“You have to listen to me unconditionally,” to my surprise Donghae retorted.

“Why?” I asked him genuinely curious. I´ve seen that stubborn face a few times before and found it weird.

“Because I said so,” Donghae of course didn´t feel like explaining the situation as the command would be just enough for someone like me. I turned my head away from the window and leaned into my seat. I crossed my arms and closed my eyes. My mind was blank when I listened to the rhythmic booming of the water against the roof.

“You´re seriously annoying,” I opened my eyes when Donghae hit the table with the spoon. He was angry and I didn´t know why. His face was full of fury and betrayal but I didn´t see anything that could make him so angry. Even if I´m irritating to him, it shouldn´t be to this point. Something is certainly off.

“Why do you want to die, Donghae?” I asked straight.

“Why do you want to live, Hyukjae?” Donghae quickly retorted. His anger was becoming worse and I became afraid of him.

“What do you expect from me? Do you want me to save you? Do you want me to make you even more depressed? Do you hate me? Do you like me? Do you have at least one answer to my questions?” I tried to sound as gentle as possible but was almost a hundred percent sure that I would make Donghae even more furious. On the other hand I had nothing to lose.

Instead of answering Donghae stood up and walked to the counter. I rushed to put on my green jacket, I was still in the uniform, and joined his side the moment he was already leaving the restaurant. I put on the hood but Donghae´s coat didn´t have any and in a few seconds he became drenched. We walked fast back to the zoo and Donghae had the most aggressive expression on his face I´ve seen so far. I didn´t want him to go with me but I also feared to speak to him at the moment.

He ran to the staff room, although he wasn´t an employee here and entered the changing rooms. Fortunately right now there wasn´t anyone. He slammed the door behind him and I was lucky he didn´t hit my face. He was pacing around for a few seconds and then turned to me. He arrogantly raised his eyebrows and opened his palm.

“Give me a change of clothes,” he ordered.

“I can´t, the clothes are for the employees only. It would be a theft, if you took it with you,” I tried as hard as I could to stand the ground in front of him but today I´ve had enough already and my resolution was weak.

“I think we´ve talked about that already, Hyukjae, you have to listen to me because I´m right and you are wrong. You are always wrong, Hyukjae, do you understand?” Donghae raised his voice and was now openly screaming at me. Yet I couldn´t find a single argument against him. Why do I feel like a trash in front of him? What is so good about him that he can talk down to me?

“I know but it´s not something I can decide, those clothes don´t belong to me,” I whispered because I didn´t dare to say anything aloud. I was being once again pathetic and although it was Donghae making me like that, it was also him who hated the pathetic me the most. I was going crazy already. I felt upset and hurt.

“Do something already! Don´t stand there like an idiot and move!” Donghae yelled once more but then the door slammed open and another angry man entered the room.

It was Yesung, my boss. He was a really nice guy with a low charismatic voice but more than his voice he was famous for his short temper. His fists weren´t as strong as Kangin´s but were much more faster and unexpected. Just like now. I didn´t even manage to warn Donghae before he was already sitting on the floor and holding his bleeding nose. It was the second time my friend hit him and I knew it would have harsh consequences for me. I honestly expected the worst, but for now Yesung was in the room and I was safe.

“Oh, that hurts!” Donghae cried and it woke me up from my shock. Today there was really too much action.

“Wait, I will bring a towel!” I said and was about to rush to the bathroom when Yesung caught me by my wrist.

“Hyukjae, I will kick this person out of the park, you can take a break,” he told me in that gentle voice and I stopped moving. What was I doing? Running around that jerk again? Yesung is right, I can stand back and he will take care of everything. Being protected again. A pang.

“I will do it,” I mumbled. “I´m responsible for the whole situation. I will do something about it. I´m sorry.”

“Hyukjae, nobody´s angry at you,” Yesung let go of my wrist and squeezed my shoulder. “That guy is ing with you, I don´t like seeing that as your friend.”

“I know, Yesung,” I smiled, “and I´m super grateful but I feel like I should do it myself.” I told him quietly and guilty. He cares about me a lot.

“Okay,” Yesung sighed,” but feel free to call me, I´ll be at the information desk.”

“Thanks,” I bowed slightly and watched my boss throw a nasty glance at Donghae before leaving the changing room.

Once he was gone I finished my run for the bathroom and brought a wet towel. I gave it to Donghae and then went to my locker. I opened it and pulled out the clothes I arrived in. They were baggy so whatever size Donghae has, it would fit. I could go home in the ones I was wearing, if it´s me, nobody would mind.

“Here, you can return them later,” I put the clothes on the chair behind Donghae carefully. “After the bleeding stops, change and come out.” Then I left the room.

About fifteen minutes later Donghae came out. His face looked a little bloated but he seemed much calmer than before. I was leaning against the wall and he stepped further away. When he put on the hood of my jacket, I couldn´t see his face anymore.

“About your questions before, Hyukjae,” he started and I held my breath. “I don´t hate you and I also expect the same from you.” With that sentence he left.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Fanservice: 

RW: I hope that all the hyungs will come back to normal
LT: Who is the most abnormal one?
RW: YOU!

 

Hello! Another update I had to finish my goodbye first. So by now both. Donghae and Hyukjae, left for the army. I hope Hyukjae returns with the same stars as Leeteuk so he could joke around being the leader too. Thank you for reading and have a nice day! - PandaHero