Medicine

Rich Rebels In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunsoon POV

"I'm.... I'm sorry." I stuttered embarassed, trying to stand myself up again, by pushing my hands against Jungkook's hard chest. But as soon as my palms lost contact with him I fell forwards again, but this time his hands sternly gripped my arms, lightly helping me to stand up straight, but he didn't let go.

"I told you your condition is bad...!" I could hear the disapproval in his voice. ".... you can't even s-stand straight." The stutter in his sentence confused me. What was he thinking?

"I'm okay. I'll just go get a flashlight."

"How are you going to find a flashlight in this darkness?"

"Uhh... do you have your phone?"

He released his grip around my left arm and I could hear him searching his pockets. Soon after, a bright light from his phone was lit. I gave him a proud smile. The bright flashlight lit the whole room up and we could see each other clearly. I then realized that he was still holding my right arm tightly and gulped.

"Yah. Are you gonna let go?" I tried to sound as aggressive as I could in that situation. He quickly pulled away as he saw it too.

"So... what now?" He questioned.

"I told you, you're free to go home. And before you say that you promised Tae this and that, I'll go take some medicine and you can tell him that you gave it to me. Deal?"

He groaned in disapproval and ruffled his hair.

"Arraseo..." He sighed. Why did he seem so disapproving of getting to leave me? He disliked me after all. I carefully walked past him, making sure not to sway so that he wouldn't bother me anymore, and he followed closely behind me. As he put his shoes on by the front door, I observed quietly, waiting for him to leave so that I could take the medicine and get some rest. At this point I had also gotten my phone's flashlight out. But as I stood there, I felt the pain in my head intensify and tried my best to hide it from him. He gave me a small nod with narrowed eyes before opening the front door and closing it behind him with a simple "Annyeong". I quickly wobbled my way to the cabinet in the kitchen that had the medicine for fevers and headaches. But just as I was reaching up towards the bottle, I dropped my phone. I quickly bent down to pick it up, but right when I bent down, a really sharp pain spread inside my head and I found myself loosing all balance and falling to lay on my side on the floor. The headache was so intense that I just laid there groaning, panicking, not knowing what to do. The pain was so sharp that a consistent beeping sound was flowing through my ears. Hearing a noise coming from above me, I managed to sit up and see what was happening and furrowed my eyebrows at what I saw.

"J-Jungkook?"

He opened the bottle of medicine, took a single pill out and quickly rushed over to the sink for a glass of water. When he came back, he moved me so that my back was leaned against counter and pressed the pill into my mouth, the glass of water following shortly after. Trying to swallow it, I realized how the pain had spread to my throat and groaned.

"C'mon, swallow it. It'll get better if you do." Jungkook now had one hand behind my head to hold it still, while tilting the glass of water into my mouth. After a few failed attempts, I finally got the pill down. I just sat there, still holding my head, wanting the pain to quickly go away, pressing my eyes closed. Suddenly, a pair of strong and well-built arms swiped me off of the floor and I found myself being carried by Jungkook, bridal-style. But I didn't have the energy to protest. He started walking upstairs until we made it into my room. Gently placing me in my bed, he pulled the duvet over me while I stared at him with narrowed eyes. Then in a moment, the headache started to slowly disappear and I found that some of my strength was back, but I was still scared and couldn't think straight yet.

"Promise me you'll stay here and rest til morning, okay?" Jungkook sternly made sure, while looking..... maybe worried? I couldn't tell what his expression meant. He then started walking towards the door and I for some reason panicked.

"Wait!" I unconsiously exclaimed, surprising both him - seeing as he turned around in a haste - and myself. "I-I'm scared... Do you have t-to..." Without finishing the sentence, he carefully walked around the bed and I could feel the surface of the bed moving up on my side, as a new weight was crawling up on the other. When he'd gotten to right beside me, he laid himself in a way that his back from the shoulder blades and up was leaned against the headboard.

"I'll..... I'll stay if you want me to." He mumbled and I could feel myself getting less nervous. I felt safe. I don't know how to explain it, but it was a new kind of feeling of safety. It was a feeling that didn't just sooth me because of the 'attack' I just had, it was something bigger than that. What was the medicine made of? Or was it not the medicine?

As I was trying to untangle my thoughts, I realized that I had unconsiously closed my eyes. A feeling of being worn out spread throughout my body and I decided that sleep would be the best thing for me to do at this moment. I didn't have a care in the world and just let myself drift away into the land of dreams.

..............

"Eunsoonie, wake up." A soft voice was faintly heard in my ears and I slowly opened my eyes. "There. You're still burning up so I called the school and told them that you'll have to rest at home for today too, 'kay?" I looked up to meet eyes with Kyungsoo, who had a cup of hot tea in his hands. He placed the cup on my bedside table and sat down on the edge of the bed.

"What time is it?" I asked and tried to open my eyes wider, but it made my head ache so I closed my eyes again. The pain in my head quickly made me remember the events of the night before and my eyes shot open in shock.

"It's about 9.45 in the mor-.... Eunsoon, you okay?"

I snapped out of repla

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter