Sick

Rich Rebels In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunsoon POV

I felt the silky material of the bed sheets against my pale skin, as I let out a stretched morning groan. But I was surprised, since my voice sounded darker, raspier than usual. I frowned, trying to sit up but felt my throat ache and I threw my back down on the soft matress again. What the heck? A soft knock was heard against my door and I turned my head to look in that direction. Soon after, my brother Kyngsoo stepped in through the door with a tray in his hands.

"Morning." He said with a smile and I frowned. Was it my birthday or something? No, it wasn't. Then why was he doing all this?

"Did I forget something? What day is it today?" I questioned. He chuckled.

"Don't worry, you didn't miss anything." He sat on the edge of my bed after he placed the tray with breakfast on my bedside table. I looked over at the tray, investigating what he had cooked for me. "It's just that when I tried to wake you up earlier, I felt tha-"

"Oh my god!!!" I exclaimed in panic, not caring about my aching throat. The reason why I panicked was because I had spotted my clock that was hanging on the wall. It was 11.23 a.m. I was late for school. "What the hell, oppa! Why didn't you wake me up??" I hastily tried to throw the duvet off of me, but Kyungsoo suddenly took a hold of my wrist. His face was so serious that I froze in fear. He then guided my hand to touch my own forhead and I gasped. I was burning hot. When Kyungsoo felt me relaxing, he let go of my wrist and straightened himself.

"That's why I didn't wake you up. You're sick and I've already called the school about it."

I looked up at him and frowned.

"But why are you still home, oppa? Don't tell me you stayed just because I was-"

"No, of course not. My classes before lunch were cancelled. But I have to leave soon. Make sure you eat your breakfast deliciously." He leaned in and kissed me on my forehead, before standing up and walking out of my room. He left me on my bed, legs entangled with my duvet and a big frown on my face. Why was I sick? That reminded me of the day before, that I was walking home in chilly, rainy weather...... with Jungkook. Aish, why didn't I bring a warmer jacket? Well, I couldn't do anything about it at this point. My body stretched so that I would be able to reach my phone that was charging on my bedside table. When I looked at the screen, I saw that I had many missed calls and messages from Taehyung.

- eunsoon-ah where u @??? if ur L8 mrs nam is gonna kill u!!

- u decided 2 skip physics? witHOUT ME???? omg u shoulda called n told me 2 skip with uuu!!

- soonie-aah r u alright??? why u not answeringggg???

- did somethin happen??!!!

- helloooooOOOoOooo????

- did u dieee??

- sooooniee??

I sighed while reading through his messages. I understood that he was worried, but his messages were written pretty obnoxiously. I clicked the call-button.

"Yoboseyo?"

"Hey, Tae. It's me."

"........."

"T-Taehyung..?"

"Uhh..... I'm sorry, who is this??"

"Taehyung!! Didn't you look who the caller was when you answered?"

"I guess not, but who is this?"

"It's me! The person you've been trying to contact all morni-"

"Ohmahgawd!! Eunsoon!!! What happened to you?? Your voice sounds weird!"

"I know, Tae. It's because I'm sick. That's why I didn't show up today..."

"Waaaah...... Oh no! Why'd you get sick?"

"I'm guessing because it was cold yesterday when we walked home."

"Technically, that was today."

"Aish, chincha.. Whatever Tae!"

He laughed at the other end of the line.

"Well, since you're sick, I guess I've gotta come over after school and bring you snacks and stuff, huh?"

"Yes please! And make sure you buy one or two packs of Pocky, kay?"

"Of course, princess! I've got class now though. See you later!"

"Annyeong!"

And with that, the call ended. I threw my phone to somewhere in the bed and placed the tray of delicious breakfast in front of me. There were pancakes, a bowl of greek yoghurt and cereal, a tall glass of fruit juice, a small glass of milk and a banana. Wow, Kyungsoo really spoiled me. Usually, I would just grab a piece of toast in the mornings. Well, I was sure going to enjoy this breakfast.

..............

Taehyung POV

"Alright, class! For this report I want you to be in pairs. So pair yourself up with someone and come tell me who your partner is." Mr. Sung instructed. Jimin and I quickly looked towards each other and slapped our hands together in a high-five.

"Today after school?" Jimin asked and I was about to nod, but then I remembered...

"Aish, that's right! Actually I can't today, I'm going to see Eunsoon since she's sick." I gave Jimin an apologetic look. Jungkook, who sat in front of me beside Jimin, suddenly snapped his head in my direction. We made eye contact and he averted his eyes with a gulp.

"Wait!" Jimin exclaimed. "Jungkook doesn't have a partner for the report now!" Jimin realized and I slightly gasped.

"Oh, it's okay. I'll just go ask somebo-"

"Hold up!" I stood up with a wide smile. "Eunsoon doesn't have a partner either!" Jungkook's eyes widened.

"Ah~ That's right! You can pair up with her." Jimin agreed and I sat back down.

"B-but Taehyung hyung.... are you sure that's okay?" Jungkook scratched the back of his neck. I wondered why...?

"Of course, why wouldn't it be?" I smiled back, reassuringly. He narrowed his eyes at me a bit, but proceeded to nod and it was settled.

..............

Eunsoon POV

"Aish, chincha! That girl is so stupid! How can't she see that he likes her?!" I threw a candy wrapper towards the TV screen, which was showing a romance drama at the moment. All those girls were always so pretty. Super skinny, long silky locks of hair, acting cute all the time, always wearing skirts and always so oblivious. It irritated me that 90% of all of the romance dramas always had this typical 'good girl' character as the protagonist. Was that really what guys found attractive? Was that why I had never really been asked out by anyone? I sighed a deep breath of air and stood up from the couch. While I was on my way to get more chocolate from the kitchen I heard a knock on the front door. At first I frowned, not understandi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter