Splashing

Rich Rebels In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunsoon POV

My eyes shot open as my body jerked a little from suddenly waking up. I rubbed my two fists against my sleepy closed eyelids and let out a big yawn before analyzing my surroundings. When I looked out one of the windows of the van, I noticed that it was pitch black outside and that the car wasn't moving. To my left was a sleeping Hoseok and to my right was a snoring Taehyung. Why were we stopped? From what I could see, everyone in the back of the car were asleep. But just as that thought crossed my mind, Jungkook was climbing over Jimin towards the door and my muscles stiffened. Just as his hand reached the door, his gaze landed on me, and I could see how he lightly froze.

"We'll use the bathroom and then buy some more snacks, okay?" I recognized Seokjin's voice, as the sound of a seatbelt unbuckling was heard from the front, followed by a door opening and closing. Jungkook gulped. I slightly averted my gaze. Jungkook looked towards the door before looking back at me again.

"Uhm... we're making a quick stop..... to use the restroom.... so if you, uh, need to go... you should take the opportunity." His voice was low and husky, and I could tell that he had been asleep. It looked to be the middle of the night after all. I hesitated for a few seconds before unbuckling my own seatbelt, making Jungkook open the door. As we exited the car, Seokjin was standing there.

"Ahh, Eunsoon-ah, you're awake." He smiled and I gave him a sleepy grimace in return. "We're almost at our destination. It wasn't supposed to take this long, but while the rest of you were asleep, we were stuck in a horrible traffic jam. Hopefully that won't happen on the way back." He explained. I nodded my head in an understanding manner before the three of us entered the gas station we had stopped at. We quickly found the bathrooms and took our turns. After that, Seokjin told Jungkook and I to search for what snacks we wanted to buy, so the two of us were now standing by the shelf with bags of chips. I noticed that both of us stole glances at each other from time to time and the tension was turning awkward.

"So.... what's your favorite flavour?" He suddenly spoke and I was a little surprised. He was acting somewhat nice again.... Tch, this punk. We turned to look at each other, and my glare slowly disappeared when I saw his lighthearted expression. I gulped.

"I like the 'Sour Cream with Sweet Chili' ones." I quickly looked away. I heard him quietly chuckle.

"Good." He reached to grab the orange bag of chips with the said flavour. "I really like them too." I carefully nodded as a response. He heavily sighed. "Listen, I'm sorry about this morning. I was just.... Well, forget it. I'm really glad that I forgot my notebook in your living room, because otherwise I wouldn't have seen you collapsing in the kitchen." I looked up at him with wide eyes, taken aback by the fact that he mentioned his odd behaviour change and the reason why he was in my house even though he had left already. "Are y-you feeling better, by the way?" He scratched the back of his neck while looking away.

"I-I am. I'm not sure what happened that night, but still: thank you... again."

"No need to thank me." We once again turned to look at each other. "But.... you're welcome." He widely grinned, making me smile back, and faint chuckles were heard from the both of us.

"Kids." Seokjin's voice made the two of us turn around in a haste, breaking the actually durable moment we were having. "Have you chosen what to buy yet?" Jungkook and I awkwardly nodded and handed the bag of chips to the older guy who smiled at us.

As Seokjin was checking out, Jungkook and I ended up having a weak conversation consisting of small talk. It started awkward, but ended pretty nicely. I didn't feel as annoyed anymore. Maybe we could finally become friends.

..............

Like Seokjin said, it didn't take that long to get to our destination after him, Jungkook and I had jumped into the car and started driving again. The car stopped next to a forest and a large beach was visible a small distance away, despite the fact that it was practically pitch black outside. Even though I was really tired, the thought of getting to splash around in the waves made me a little too giddy. All of us sleepily took our bags out of the trunk and I could feel my body shivering a little because of the cool wind. Suddenly, I felt a warm piece of cloth over my shoulders and turned to see a smiling Hoseok with his eyes half-closed. He'd wrapped a blanket over me.

"Yah, don't get sick already. The camping trip hasn't even begun." His voice was low and raspy, continued by a yawn. I smiled at his kindness as we all started carrying our bags and placing them in a big pile on the ground.

"." An annoyed tone was heard in the dark and it wasn't hard to hear that it was Yoongi's. "Don't tell me we'll have to build these tents at this ing time of night." He whined, but it sounded kind of intimidating. Seokjin sighed while patting the blonde on his back.

"Sorry, kid. The heavy traffic screwed us over." He explained and pursed his lips. Yoongi loudly grunted.

A lot of people might have found Yoongi annoying, but I found him attractive in every state. Whether he was sleepy or grumpy didn't matter, he was always cute in my eyes.

I was about to bend down to pick up one of the boxes with tents but felt a heavy weight on my back.

"Eunsoon-aaaaah, I wan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter