Chapter 3

Do it with Style! Clothes, Alcohol &
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yes, I would like to buy that beautiful pink dress over there..." Taeyeon told the shop assistant with a big smile on her face and pointed at the item of clothing. The way she said it was so cute and innocent, as if she was a small child that wanted to buy a new doll. The sight could definitely melt everyone’s heart. Even though Taeyeon was twenty-six, she still acted like a dorky kid sometimes.

The shop assistant turned his head to the direction where the blonde was pointing and found his eyes immediately lighting up and his mouth opening in excitement as soon as he saw what she wanted to buy. That exact breathtakingly beautiful pink dress was in fact the most expensive item in the whole store. It cost about 1200$ and if the shop assistant were to sell it, he would make a huge profit for Blanc & Eclare. The man smiled widely and then immediately dashed towards the dress, his heart racing at the thought that if this customer were to buy it, then his boss Jessica Jung would be bound to give him that promotion he had always wanted but had never got.

The shop assistant was in a hurry to take the dress as fast as possible since he was afraid that Taeyeon might change her mind and decide not to buy it if he was doing his job slowly. Little did he know that the girl didn't really have that kind of money and she couldn't afford the dress even in her wildest dreams. Since there weren't price tags on the items in the store, there was no way Taeyeon could’ve known how much that dress costs. Boss Jessica Jung was to blame for that one because she had ordered some months ago to have every price tag removed. The reason was the fact that important people don't look at price tags when buying something because they are loaded and don't care how much cash they spend. She wanted only those kinds of people to shop from her stores. Sadly, Taeyeon wasn’t like that and just presumed that the dress wouldn't be more than 100$. That was a fairly acceptable price in her opinion.

“Would you like to try it on?” the man asked Taeyeon as soon as he took the dress in his hands. “We have smaller sizes as well if it’s too big for you. Don’t worry, Miss.”

Before Taeyeon could give him a reply, he handed her the dress and began practically pushing her towards the changing room.

“Ahh, no thank you. I’m buying it as a present for my roommate,” the blonde replied politely, making the man stop in his tracks and say, “Ohh, that’s wonderful! So then what size is your friend? A seven maybe? Or eight?”

Taeyeon actually had no idea what size Tiffany was. Hell, she didn’t even know her own. Whenever she would buy clothes, she’d just try them on and if they fit, she would buy them. She didn’t really care or try to understand sizes because they were all so confusing to her. There were way too many and she didn’t know the difference between any of them. But at that moment, oh how she wished she knew Tiffany’s size at least. If only she had paid more attention to her best friend when she was ordering clothes online.

“Uhh, I’ll buy this one that was on the manikin. I think that it would fit her. If not, I’ll come here with her and we’ll exchange it for one that’s a different size,” Taeyeon said hesitantly to the man. She prayed so hard for it to be perfect, because she didn’t really want to bother her best friend. She was super busy these days with her photography work and had enough on her plate. The last thing she needed was to be dragged to some clothing store, even if it was like, only a few minutes away from the apartment.

“Alrighty then! I’ll just wrap it up and then you can pay,” the shop assistant happily exclaimed and then went behind the desk to get a special Blanc & Eclare bag in which to put the dress. A few minutes later, he was done and handed the bag to the girl, then said, “That will be 1200$. Thank you for your purchase!”

"Uhm, sorry, but could you please repeat that?" Taeyeon politely asked the man because she thought that she might have misheard what he had said. There's no way the dress is 1200$. He probably said 120$.

"The dress costs 1200$. Would you like to pay in cash or with a card?" the man then told her and waited for the blonde to pay up, his legs shaking in excitement.

Taeyeon felt her eyes widen in shock and her whole body stiffen the moment she heard the price of the dress. It slipped so easily out of the man’s mouth, as if it was just a normal price and not expensive at all. 1200$ for a damn dress. Are these people insane? There's no way I'm paying that kind of money even if I was able to afford it somehow. Taeyeon thought and then her expression quickly shifted to an angry one.

''Excuse me?!" she then said, her voice loud and scary, making the shop assistant jump in fear. He absolutely did not expect this short woman to turn into such a demon. Her sweet-looking outer appearance could definitely fool anyone. "You actually expect me to give you such a large amount of money for a dress? Are you out of your mind?”

“What is going on here, Donghae?” Suddenly, both Taeyeon and the shop assistant heard someone else say and immediately turned around. The man knew very well who that voice belonged to because he had heard it more times than he could count.

“Miss Jung…” the shop assistant named Donghae said nervously and bowed before his boss. Taeyeon looked at the man who was now shaking in fear. She couldn’t blame him, though. This woman that had appeared out of nowhere was scary as hell. Her expre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter