Chapter 20

Do it with Style! Clothes, Alcohol &
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica stood in front of the door to Taeyeon and Tiffany’s apartment with her heart beating fast against her chest. It was all because she knew that she would see a certain blonde very soon, probably in a few seconds if she just rings the doorbell right away. But Jessica felt nervous and she still hadn’t found the courage to press the little white button. She didn’t know why she was this way. Taeyeon just made her feel like that.

Jessica’s stomach knotted into a ball at the thought of the blonde gazing at her with those mesmerizing eyes of hers. After taking a deep breath and then exhaling it, she finally rang the doorbell a few minutes later. And then she waited…

She wanted to see Taeyeon so bad and was really glad that the blonde agreed for her to come. Honestly, she kind of didn’t care all that much that Tiffany and Nichkhun had broken up. Jessica believed that the redhead should just accept that some people are not meant to be together and that they eventually break up. That’s what she did when her boyfriend passed away. Even though it was tough, she still accepted it. Also, she accepted recently that she and Taeyeon weren’t meant to be together and was okay with just being her friend. Well, not really, but she it up as much as she could because there was nothing she could do. Jessica couldn’t risk something bad happening to Taeyeon because of her stupid selfish reasons of wanting to be with her. Anyway, Jessica wasn’t big on the whole dramatic break-up thing that most girls usually do after they separate with their partner, so her advice for Tiffany would be to just it up and move on. There’s someone better out there for her.

“Hey…” Taeyeon said softly as a small smile formed on her face as soon as she opened the door and her eyes met the other girl’s. Jessica replied in the same way and then the blonde stepped aside, so that she could enter the apartment. “Tiffany is asleep, so let’s go in the dining-room.”

Jessica nodded after hearing what the blonde told her and both of them slowly made their way to the place where they won’t disturb the redhead with their talking.

“So, what happened? How come they broke up all of a sudden?” Jessica asked the other girl and sat down on one of the chairs inside the dining-room.

“From what I heard, they ended things because of Taecyeon,” Taeyeon began explaining everything that happened an hour or so ago and Jessica flinched at the mention of the name of her . “Nichkhun still wanted to visit him in jail and Tiffany couldn’t accept that, so then she told him to choose between her and that bastard… And well, you can guess which one he picked.” Taeyeon then finished speaking, making Jessica’s expression quickly change into a shocked one. She really couldn’t believe how someone could be so stupid and chose a over his loving girlfriend. Nichkhun, in her opinion, was probably just as messed up as Taecyeon. That’s the only explanation she could give herself for what happened.

“That’s so insane,” Jessica just replied, her eyes still wide. “Well, she’s better off without him. That guy doesn’t deserve her at all,” she then added with a pissed-off voice.

“Hey, relax… Don’t get angry,” Taeyeon said with her usual soft voice and placed her hand over Jessica’s on the table. “She’ll get through this…”

The other girl immediately relaxed as soon as she felt the contact. It was so electrifying and sent shivers down her spine.

“So, what do you want to eat? Or you want to drink something?” Taeyeon then asked Jessica and went to the fridge, opening it afterwards. The creative director immediately felt herself miss the blonde’s hand on top of hers. A sigh escaped and she stood up from her seat so she could go behind Taeyeon and look at the contents of the refrigerator. Honestly, when Jessica scanned it, she didn’t like the food that Taeyeon had, because she’s used to eating more expensive cuisine, so she just said, “Mmm, no, don’t worry about it. I don’t really feel like eating or drinking something right now. Maybe later, if we go out to a restaurant or something…”

“You’re such a princess, you know that…” Taeyeon told her and chuckled at the blonde next to her who just pouted cutely and crossed her arms.

“I’m not a princess… I’m just used to eating different stuff,” Jessica replied, making the other girl laugh out loud and then say, “Yeah, expensive stuff, like a princess.” Taeyeon then continued laughing while Jessica moved away and turned her back on the blonde. “Hey, you know what. I think this would be a great nickname for you. I’m going to call you that from now on.”

“Hmph…” Jessica let out as she still had her back turned and didn’t face Taeyeon, so the girl moved closer to her and wrapped her arms around her body, embracing her from behind. She then rested her head on one of her shoulders and said, “Oh come on, don’t be like that, princess. You’re just too cute and I might hug you to death.”

A sigh escaped Jessica’s mouth after Taeyeon said that and she just caved afterwards. The blonde was too sweet for her to handle.

“Fine, I will let you call me princess,” the girl then told her and turned around to face Taeyeon, who let her go, unfortunately, and began jumping up and down in excitement that now both of them have nicknames for each other. Jessica smiled at the sight of the other girl acting like a cute little kid. It was just so damn adorable…

Suddenly, the two girls heard the doorbell ring, making them surprised because they weren’t expecting anyone. Who could that be? Taeyeon wondered and looked at Jessica with a confused look, asking non-verbally if she knew who it could be, but Jessica raised her shoulders and shook her head, telling her that she had no idea.

Jessica opened the door and took a few steps to get out of the dining-room, but unfortunately, her right foot somehow… slid. This made her body fall back, of course, but thankfully, before it could hit the floor, Taeyeon caught her. She once again had reacted rather quickly and saved her princess.

“Woah, careful there…” Taeyeon said worriedly to the other girl, “If I wasn’t here, you would’ve hurt yourself...”

“Thanks, Tae…” Jessica said quietly and stood up normally on her two feet. She then turned around to look at Taeyeon. Her heart was beating hard against her chest, and that wasn’t just because she almost fell down, but also because the blonde’s hands were situated firmly on her waist.

The two girls were looking at each other’s eyes and both felt like it was only them in this world, no one else. They were close, so very damn close, and Taeyeon just wanted so badly to lean in and kiss Jessica. But no, she wasn’t going to do it. I’m not making that same mistake again…

Jessica’s eyes trailed down to the other’s lips and admired how amazing they looked. As she was staring at them, she didn’t notice that they were slowly coming closer and closer. The girl was leaning forward without even realizing it. Taeyeon saw that and closed her eyes, Jessica did so too, but before their lips could taste each other, the doorbell rang once again, making them both pull away from each other quickly.

Taeyeon looked at Jessica with a shocked expression because of what had almost just happened, while the other girl had her head down and was staring at the floor due to embarrassment.

“I’m sorry…” Jessica apologized to the other girl. “I don’t know what came over me.”

“It’s okay. It was probably just in the heat of the moment,” Taeyeon told her and forced herself to smile. “Don’t worry about it.” She knew that Jessica didn’t mean to almost kiss her. It could happen to anyone and Taeyeon understood that. The problem was that it hurt so badly. She wanted to be with Jessica so much, but she knew that there was no hope for them ever being together. Even so, deep down she still felt like there was. It was just a feeling she had in her gut that Jessica saw her as more than a friend b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter