Chapter 16

Do it with Style! Clothes, Alcohol &
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was early in the morning, about seven o’clock, and Kim Taeyeon was heading to her grocery store, ready for another hard day of work. She was determined that she would make a lot of money today, that customers would be coming and going as if she was selling hot pancakes with banana and chocolate. Unfortunately though, the girl was in for a surprise…

When she was almost near her workplace, from the other side of the street, she saw about thirty or more old people huddled there in front of her store, each one holding a huge sign in their hands. Taeyeon could hear them yelling from there some words that she didn’t understand because she was too far away. It was obvious to the girl that they were protesting, but she didn’t know why. Did I do something wrong? What are those people doing? Are they out of their minds? These questions ran through Taeyeon’s mind as she crossed the street in order to get to her store and see what the hell was going on.

“There she is!” the blonde heard some old guy yell out as soon as he noticed her. Then all the other people turned around and started saying angrily, “Get the hell out of here, lesbian! You are an abomination and do not deserve to exist!”

As she listened to their horrible words, Taeyeon felt her body start shaking in fear, especially her hands and legs. The girl's heart was beating rapidly as she tried moving through the crowd in order to get to the door of her grocery store. When she, by some miracle, managed to reach it, she turned towards the old people and asked with a shaky and pleading voice, “Why are you doing this? Please, stop! What have I done to you?”

Unfortunately, no one answered her. Everyone just continued saying horrible things and telling Taeyeon to close her damn grocery store. With teary eyes, the terrified girl scanned the crowd of people and could feel all the negative energy which they emitted hit her. She couldn’t handle all of it and felt as if she would faint any second. Nothing like this had ever happened to her before and she didn’t know what she did to deserve it. She had always been a good kind-hearted person who helped other people in need of service, especially the senior citizens who needed it the most. She’d give her money to the homeless, buy them food, help old people walk down the street. Taeyeon had been perfect, so she didn’t know why these citizens would do such a thing to her…

Amongst the crowd, Taeyeon suddenly noticed the somewhat familiar face of an old woman that she had once seen come into her grocery store. But she didn't recognize her. Who is this woman? Why does she seem so familiar? Taeyeon wondered as she kept starting at the granny who was now slowly moving closer to her, taking careful steps with her wooden cane in one hand to help support her and the protest sign in her other one.

Taeyeon fell to her knees in front of her grocery store as the situation started becoming worse with each passing second. People had suddenly began throwing rotten tomatoes at her and the poor girl could do nothing else but use her arms to cover her head and try to shield herself. They hit her small body and splashed all around her, making everything a complete mess.

When the granny finally reached Taeyeon, she signaled for her subordinates to stop attacking. The blonde felt her presence in front of her, so she removed her arms from her face and looked up, her eyes then meeting the old woman’s.

“Stand up!” she demanded and hit the girl on the shoulder with her wooden cane.

Taeyeon screamed in pain and held her shoulder while tears streamed down her face. She then did as she was told and quickly pulled her body off the ground while the granny stood there like a commander.

“Who are you? Why are you doing this to me?” Taeyeon asked, her voice sounding terrified because she feared that the crazy woman might attack her again.

“You don’t remember how you once argued with me that roosters don’t lay eggs?” the granny asked and lifted her cane up again, ready to hit Taeyeon once more. She was furious that the younger girl didn't recognize her. “How dare you not remember?! I really needed those rooster eggs, girl, and you made a fool of me. You must burn in Hell for everything you've done!”

The blonde’s eyes grew wide as soon as she heard the woman’s words. She finally remembered who this woman actually is and how she and Yuri had told her that roosters do not lay eggs probably two or more months ago. Is she seriously organizing a protest just because of something as stupid at this? How can she hold a grudge for an idiotic reason like that?

Of course, that was the real reason behind the protest, but she couldn't organize so many people just for that, so the granny used the fact that she saw Taeyeon and Jessica hugging as a way to get more senior citizens to come. The older generation didn't understand and couldn’t accept same- relationships, so it was the perfect opportunity for the woman to get her revenge.

“Are you out of your mind, you crazy old hag? Are you seriously doing this because I told you that roosters don’t lay eggs?” Taeyeon suddenly yelled in the woman’s face, making her even angrier than before.

“Don’t you dare talk to me like that, you disgusting lesbian! That's just one of the reasons why we're protesting. You're a bad influence on the children who live here, so leave and never come back!" the granny said with a furious tone in her voice and was about to hit the girl once again. Luckily, someone showed up just at the right time and stopped the woman before she could land a hit.

“Yuri?” Taeyeon uttered as she saw one of her closest friend come to her rescue.

“You! You also argued with me that day!” the psychotic granny said as soon as her eyes met the tanned girl’s. Before she could do anything to react though, Yuri punched the woman straight in the face, making her fall down on the ground unconscious along with her cane and protest sign.

“I’m not supposed to hit grannies, but you asked for it. What a hag…” she then said as she looked at the old woman lying there motionless.

As soon as she laid the punch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter