Chapter 26

Do it with Style! Clothes, Alcohol &
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has only been two hours since Taeyeon was brought into the emergency room at the hospital and it felt as if these were the longest two hours Jessica had spent in her entire life. As she was sitting in the waiting room on a chair, waiting for the doctor to show up and tell her something about her girlfriend’s condition, she had her face buried in her hands and was crying. Honestly, she was so tired of tears falling from her eyes but she just couldn’t keep her emotions in. Taeyeon had been hit by a truck in front of her very eyes and there is probably a huge possibility that she’d die. Hell, Jessica didn’t really believe that she could even survive because she had this insane idea that fate and God had something to do with this and wouldn’t allow her to be happy. Still, at the back of her mind, she prayed that everything would be fine and she was kind of optimistic, even if it was just a little.

“This is all my fault,” Jessica muttered, blaming herself once again for the tragedy. Millions of thoughts were running through her mind at that moment, images of Taeyeon and her were flashing before her eyes.

 

“Want me to make some pancakes, princess?”

 

“God, you’re so gorgeous, Jess…”

 

“I really really like you a lot!”

 

Jessica remembered random things that Taeyeon had told her since they got together. All of this made her heart ache even more.

 

“I wish we could spend eternity together! We could, like, have two kids and live in this really cool house with a pool and a dog!” Taeyeon said and smiled like a dork while Jessica giggled.

“What if I don’t want a house but an apartment? And a cat rather than a dog?” the creative director told her girlfriend teasingly.

“Okay, then we’ll get both. Nothing wrong with having an apartment in the big city and a house in the countryside! We can have the cat in the apartment and the dog at the house. Problem solved!” Taeyeon’s smile widened even more as Jessica began laughing.

“You’re amazing, Tae…”

 

She remembered discussing her future with Taeyeon, a dopey grin on the short blonde’s face. Even though they’d been together for not that long, they still fantasized about being together for a long time. They were just playing around and it was pretty fun. But what if Taeyeon dies and they never get to experience that? Jessica would be so broken…

The blonde then imagined what it would be like to live with Taeyeon in the future. It would feel so wonderful, as if her life’s purpose had finally been fulfilled.

 

“Honey, I’m home…”  Jessica said her usual line whenever she got home from work. Immediately, Taeyeon greeted her and gave her a kiss on the lips, welcoming her. Soon after, two small human beings came running and screaming in joy towards her. Her children… They hugged her and Jessica couldn’t help but hold back her tears. She was so happy to have such a wonderful wife, beautiful children and a loving home.

“Ohhh careful there, kids.  Did you girls miss mommy that much?” Jessica asked them when they threw themselves at her, hugging the life out of the poor woman.

“Very much!” both children replied in unison and hugged their mom harder, making Jessica giggle.

“How was work, babe?” Taeyeon, who was also giggling because of the sight, asked her and Jessica then just replied with, “Exhausting… I need to lie down.”

 

Jessica could see everything clear in her mind, her fantasy of her and Taeyeon’s life together. It was her dream, to just be… happy.

“Jess, are you alright? What the hell happened? How did Taeyeon get hit by a damn truck?” Tiffany’s voice snapped Jessica out of her thoughts a few seconds later. She looked up and saw the redhead approaching her with Nichkhun, Yoona and Yuri trailing behind her.

“We… we were arguing on the street. Then it just… hit her. W-we couldn’t react in time…” Jessica managed to say while crying, her whole body shaking as she tried to get the words out of . As soon as she told them what happened, the images of Taeyeon getting hit by the truck flashed before her eyes once again and she buried her face in her hands in frustration.

“Oh my god…” Tiffany replied, stunned because of what she was hearing. Her best friend was lying there in the emergency room, fighting for her life. She felt her body shaking not only because of fear but anger as well since it was so unfair. Why Taeyeon? Of all people, why her?

Tiffany thought that her best friend was the most generous and kind-hearted person in the whole damn world and to have this happen to her made her so angry. Sure, she didn’t really know the whole story. Jessica just told her they were arguing, which was normal, couples argue all the time. At least, that was what she and Nichkhun did before. They were on the street, okay, they didn’t pay attention of their surrounding, she underst

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter