Chapter 2

Do it with Style! Clothes, Alcohol &
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A short blonde woman named Kim Taeyeon turned the lights on as she entered her workplace. Many years had passed since she opened up her very own grocery store. It wasn’t as big as some huge supermarket, so normally, the girl found herself wishing that it was larger, but at the same time, she loved it just the way it was – small, not well-known. She had started it all on her own and so because of that, she loved that place. It was the second most important thing in her life, after her family and friends of course.

Kim Taeyeon was generally a kind-hearted person, who absolutely loved helping people in need, but sadly, fate wasn’t so generous to her and the girl didn’t really have much money. There weren’t that many customers at her grocery store, making her job low-paid, and because of how good of a person she was, she would always lend part of what little she had earned to someone who needed it more. For example, whenever she would walk down the street and see a homeless person, she’d give him money to buy himself something to eat. But still, despite everything, she lived without cutting back on essentials. That was because her roommate and best friend Tiffany Hwang was a photographer and helped her out. Taeyeon would always tell her not to give her money, to keep the cash for herself and not spend it on her, but Tiffany was stubborn and never once listened to her best friend. Eventually, the blonde just gave up trying to talk the girl out of this and let her do what she wanted, hoping and doing everything she could so that business would pick up soon and she’d start earning more money in order to pay Tiffany back for everything she’s done.

After Taeyeon closed the door behind her and changed the sign on it so it would show “Open”, she put her keys in the drawer behind the desk and the cash register, just like she did every single morning when she went to work. While she waited for a customer to arrive, she began arranging the shelves full with all kinds of products because she wanted to keep herself busy and not waste her time just sitting around doing nothing.

“Ahh, you guys have it easy. You just stay here for days on until someone buys you,” Taeyeon said out loud to a jar of tomatoes she was holding in her hand. “You don’t have to do anything other than just sit there and wait for someone to open you up and eat you so they could fill their tummies up and satisfy their hunger. You get to be useful just like that while I have to work my off.”

Taeyeon then found herself wishing that her life was like that of the tomatoes. She wanted to really be useful to someone. Even though she usually helped people out whenever she could, she still viewed everything she would do as way too small or insignificant. Because she didn’t earn that much money, she couldn’t give more to the homeless people, couldn’t be useful to Tiffany at all and couldn’t live her life without relying on somebody else.

A long sigh escaped the blonde’s mouth as she placed the jar on the shelf in a precise order. Then she looked at the pickles and all the other types of food she had around her, and said, “You all have it easy like them too, you know! Don’t think that it’s just the jar of tomatoes.”

Taeyeon knew that she seemed like a crazy person talking to food like that, but she was alone and didn’t really care. She thought that it wasn’t that big a deal because people talk to inanimate objects all the time. It wasn’t like she was the only one out there.

“You dork, are you talking to the food again?” Taeyeon suddenly heard a familiar voice say and immediately, a wide smile appeared on her face. She would recognize it anywhere because she had heard it more times than she could count. It was the voice of her regular customer and one of her closest friends – Kwon Yuri.

“Yah! Don’t laugh at me, idiot!” Taeyeon yelled out and threw a pack of gum at the other girl who was holding her stomach because she was now laughing her off.

“Alright, alright… Jeez!” Yuri said a few seconds later and cleared . “Just don’t throw more stuff at me, will ya?”

“You’re here early today. How come?” Taeyeon then curiously asked her friend and raised an eyebrow. Usually, Yuri would come to the grocery store every day at noon, but this time, she was there in the morning, which made the blonde wonder whether something had happened.

“Yoong is sick so I decided that I’m gonna surprise her with breakfast in bed this morning. Now hurry up and give me some eggs, milk and everything else I need in order to whip up some pancakes before she wakes up,” Yuri told her and leaned on the checkout counter.

“Awww, you’re such a good roommate,” Taeyeon cutely said and began taking the products that her friend needed from the shelves.

“Shut up,” Yuri muttered as she felt her cheeks become red because she was blushing. “So, speaking of roommates. How’s… Tiffany doing? Is she still with you-know-who?”

“Stop asking me the same question every single day. Yes, she’s still with Nichkhun and by the looks of things, she doesn’t have any intention of breaking up with him,” Taeyeon replied with a slight

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter