Chapter 1

Do it with Style! Clothes, Alcohol &
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica stirred in her sleep, her head turning from one side to the other, eyebrows furrowing and small whimpers escaping . She was having it again, that same nightmare that she’d have almost every single night. It was always the same – two cars crashing into each other, blood dripping down her face. Jessica would then look to her right and see her boyfriend passed out, red liquid covering part of his cheekbone and his eyes closed as if he was soundly sleeping. The blonde would scream for him to wake up, to give her some sign that he’s alive, but it was all pointless and she knew that because he was already dead. Still, despite everything, she’d continue screaming. Then the scenery would change in just mere seconds and she would be outside the vehicle. Panicking, Jessica would look around and she’d gasp in shock at the sight of the second car. Every part of it was smashed because it had gone off the road and fallen down from the cliff. Through the broken windshield the blonde could clearly see her mother and father’s dead bodies.

“No, don’t leave me!” Jessica screamed as she woke up from her sleep, just like how she always did. Sweat was dripping down her whole body and the girl was panting heavily. She the lamp that was on her nightstand and buried her face in her hands, then began sobbing silently.

The nightmare she had just had was because of a traumatic event that occurred exactly one year and thirty-two days ago, on July 26th 2014 – a day that would forever be engraved in her memory because that was when she lost both her parents and her boyfriend Kris in a car crash.

July 26th was the day on which her friend Nicole had decided to have her wedding. It was a beautiful ceremony, the bride and groom looked absolutely amazing, there were so many guests present and Jessica couldn’t help but feel extremely happy for her friend. She was even the one to catch the bouquet of flowers that the bride threw which meant that she and Kris were going to be the next couple to tie the knot. During the reception, though, Jessica wasn’t feeling very well. It was probably because of the food she had eaten, so she and her boyfriend decided to return to their shared apartment earlier than planned.

On the way home, unfortunately, she and Kris had a huge fight in the car about getting married. Jessica wanted to spend the rest of her life with him, to start a family with this man that she loved so much, but apparently he wasn’t up for such a huge commitment and told her that they both weren’t ready for such a big step, that they were still way too young and have their whole lives ahead of them. Of course, being the stubborn woman that she is, Jessica wasn’t going to accept his refusal and kept trying to convince him, insisting that it was the best idea. Kris became furious because of his girlfriend’s behavior which made him loose concentration while driving and of course, that resulted in a tragic event to occur. They hit an upcoming vehicle that both of them didn’t see coming because they were too distracted and that was it. In just mere seconds, Death took three lives from this world. Unfortunately, it turned out later that the people in the other car were Jessica’s parents who were heading for the restaurant where the wedding reception was held. Because of the girl’s mother’s obsession of being absolutely perfect in every way, the married couple were a few hours late. Who would’ve known that if she had been ready only a few minutes earlier, the accident might’ve been avoided and three human lives could have been spared?

Somehow Jessica was the only one that survived the crash that day, but many times she wished that she hadn’t. The traumatic experience left many internal scars and the girl closed herself to everyone, even to her own sister Krystal, who at the time of the accident was in Seoul, studying at one of the most prestigious universities. Jessica wanted to forget everything and she tried so hard not to think about it, but every single day, the memory of the crash would appear in her mind, making her go crazy. She blamed herself for distracting Kris while driving. Oh how she wished that she hadn’t pushed his buttons, that she hadn’t kept insisting. Because of her, three wonderful people that she cared so much about were gone from this world. She thought that maybe this was her punishment and they were taken away from her because she didn’t deserve them.

Since that day, Jessica gave up on love completely since she knew that she wasn’t supposed to experience that feeling again. She wasn’t fated to be happy and that’s why she put barriers around herself, keeping everyone from getting close to her. She feared that if she didn’t do that, if she were to fall in love again, fate would only take that person from her again.

Jessica glanced at the clock that was also on the nightstand and saw that it was 4 AM. She knew that she had to go back to sleep because she had to get to work at seven, but she was afraid that she’d have that nightmare again. A long sigh left the blonde’s mouth as soon as she lied down again, her head hitting the soft fluffy pillow. Jessica stared at the ceiling and began thinking of everything again. She remembered moments with her parents, the cute dates that she’d have with Kris and once again, tears began forming in her beautiful brown eyes, making the image of the ceiling with its lights and fancy decorations blurry. Some time after, Jessica’s eyes began closing on their own and the girl went off to dreamland.

A few hours later, the blonde was awoken by her alarm clock and its loud ringing. Groaning, she slowly opened her eyes and turned off the annoying thing. She was a sleep lover that girl and each morning she wanted to break that damn alarm clock or throw it out the window, but she restrained her emotions because she knew that she had to act like a lady about this. That meant that whenever it would ring in the morning, she had to turn it off gracefully and like an elegant woman, get out of bed without complaining and begin getting ready for work. So of course, Jessica then made her way to the bathroom, took a quick shower, applied all sorts of expensive products on her skin, did her hair after she blow-dried it, and a few minutes afterwards, chose the most beautiful and stylish dress she had so she could arrive at her workplace like a princess. As soon as she put her clothes on and was appropriately dressed, she opened her cabinet, revealing a large makeup kit that had absolutely everything a girl would want. Carefully, she then did her makeup in the most perfec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter