Chapter 2

The Making of Me

"So explain to me again why I have to parade around with the people again."

Mrs. Yoo held her smile and explained for the forth time why SoRa would be at the gala. "SoRa we need publicity for this new book. The readers want a more grown up Sophie."

And that has what exactly to do with me?" SoRa raised a brow in question.

Because, dear, when your readers think of Sophie they think of you, and it is exactly what they should think. You write what you've felt. Through out the series it's been like a glimpse at your own inner world."

"But, how does me going to the gala change anything?" SoRa practically whined and slumped in her chair.

Ever patient Mrs. Yoo continued," As a writer who writes what they feel how are you going to move forward Sophie if SoRa doesn't move too. You need to live a little. Go out, date, have with a stranger, I don't know. Just go find some inspiration so our next book will be on time.

"You know most publicist would want their writers at home,oh I don't know WRITING, instead of out on the town. " SoRa said sarcastically and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Well most women at 28 have at least some experience with the other gender, that their ever patient and loyal publicist wouldn't be forced to push their writer out of the nest like a baby bird." Mrs. Yoo shot back.

"Hey, I've got some experience. Besides what if i get out of the next and not be able to fly..." SoRa almost whispered.

Mrs. Yoo sighed and walked over to sit next to SoRa. Grabbing her hand she gave a gentle smile. " I'm sorry SoRa, but a little groping, a few kisses, and one bad ual experience a revamped heroin does not make." She squeezed her hand to gain her eyes. "As for the not flying. It is simply impossible, my dear. You may be Jung SoRa, but you are also part Sophie. All you need to do is try and everything else will fall into place."

SoRa's eyes filled with tears of gratitude for the beautiful woman before her. Lord knows she had been more a mother than Sora's mother was....is. Ever since day one seven years ago, when SoRa had stood outside the offices of Mrs. Yoo's publishing company for 3 days. Just trying to get anyone to read her story. Mrs Yoo had been her champion. When everyone said that her stories would never sale. Mrs. Yoo had sworn to prove them wrong.

With her guidance and wisdom SoRa had made her dram come true. She looked at the woman before her and knew Mrs Yoo would always have her back. No matter the issue she would fight to keep SoRa's dream alive. She leaned forward and wrapped her arms around the older woman.

"Thank you for believing in me, and always being on my side. I'll never be able to repay what you've done for me, but know how grateful I am that you've been in my life.''

Mrs. Yoo hugged her back and smiled. " It has been my honor to watch you and your success grow. You did anything I told you to and I never sent you down the wrong path. Listen to me one more time so we can continue our journey to the very end."

SoRa pulled back and nodded her head. It was true Mrs. Yoo and never stirred her the wrong way, and always had her best interest at hear. " Okay, I'll do this for you, but under one condition."

"And what would that be?" Mrs. Yoo smiled at her.

"You have to help me find a dress for this stupid party." SoRa pouted out her lip trying to look as put out as possible.

Mrs. Yoo grinned and squeezed her hand. "I'll help you pick the perfect dress, besides I've already found the perfect date."


Short chapter, but more fun to come. Please comment!!! * hugs and kisses*

Lacey :)