Chapter 12

The Making of Me

Everything was not alright. As SoRa had told the girls earlier that week. SoRa had been to four designers in two days and tonight was the gala. Mrs. Yoo was beside herself with worry. SoRa had already resigned herself to the fact that she would be in sweats at one of the best and most sought after events  of the year.

" I don't care who you have to talk to! Find something!" Mrs. Yoo yelled into her office phone.

SoRa was done watching Mrs. Yoo pace. " I'm going home to take a long shower at least if I have to wear sweats, I'm going to smell good."

Mrs. Yoo sighed. " I will work until the end SoRa, don't give up."

SoRa waved her hand as she made her way out the door and to the front of the building. She had known something would happen. SoRa was not meant to be Cinderella. Hoping into the cab she leaned her head back on the seat and closed her eyes. She could hear her mother's voice telling her all the things she had wanted her to change.

" The only thing God blessed you with are your hair from me and your stupid fathers eyes." It was her mothers mantra until she'd left home at 17.

SoRa never was skinny enough. Ladylike enough. Never good enough to please her mother at anything. When she'd first discovered SoRa's writings she had laughed and thrown them in the trash. " You would think that taking up the thing that killed your Father would make you want nothing to do with this disgusting habit."

SoRa's Father had loved to write. She remembered before his death how he would make up stories for her. One's where SoRa was always the the heroin.

"Worthless man wouldn't even find a job to help out. He always said his writing would be our ticket, but all he got was dead, and all I got was stuck with nothing and you. I'd hate to think if I still hadn't had my beauty what would of happened to us. Your Step-Father took you in even though he owes you nothing. The least you could do is marry well. " SoRa could hear the speech as if her mother where right there in the cab with her.

" We are here Ms. " Said the driver. Pulling SoRa out of her past.

"Thank you." she smiled and paid the man.

Exiting the cab she made her way to the elevator. She hated the voices of the past. They always came to undermine her hard work. Voices she seldom had to hear anymore. She'd worked hard to go to college. Then to get her writings read. She had done all that and gotten to this place in her life. A place where she would now be the laughing stock of the kind of people her mother represented.

Coming out of her daze when the floor button sounded. She stepped out and moved towards her apartment. She opened the door and stepped in with a weary sigh, she took off her shoes and rounded the corner to her kitchen. Stopping in mid stride she looked in shock at her kitchen table. How had someone gotten into her home? On the table sat a large white box with a big red ribbon around it. She slowly walked towards the box looking at her surroundings to make sure she was alone.

On the red ribbon a note was tided. Pulling the letter loose she opened it and read :

"The box ribbon is Red

I Heard you where Blue

So open this box

To prove dreams do come true. "

SoRa smiled at the little poem. Turning over the card there was no name to state who sent the box. Laying the note down, she reached for the red ribbon.  Pulling it away she opened the lid . What was inside took her breath away.

The dress was a dark blue satin, with a V cut neck line, and a slit up the front that would give a tantalizing view of her legs. She checked the size  and her eyes widened in surprise. It was her size, as where the black peep toe heels in the box. SoRa called Mrs Yoo immediately.

" Hello?" said Mrs Yoo sounding defeated.

" Did you send me a dress and heels?" SoRa questioned.

SoRa heard Mrs. Yoo's chair roll back. " No. Why? What happened? "

" Well I walked into my apartment to find a box with a beautiful dress and heels in a box and they're both my size. " Sora said.

" Hallelujah! " Mrs. Yoo yelled. " Who's it from?"

SoRa smiled at Mrs Yoo's excitement. " There's no indication of who sent it. No name or anything to say who its from."

Mrs. Yoo laughed, " I honestly don't care who it's from. Just get it and I'll have a driver sent to pick you up so we can get you to hair and make-up. Oh, and I'll call Jiyong to let him know as well. So he can meet us. "

Rolling her eyes at Mrs. Yoo's enthusiasm and lack of concern on where the lovely blue dress came from. " Alright I'll be ready in an hour tell the driver to get me then. "

SoRa hung up the phone and looked at the card again . Could it have been JaeJoong? She shook her head and decided to question him later. Going into her bathroom she jumped into the shower. taking her time she showered and applied lotion. Putting on a button up shirt and a pair of jeans she headed out the door to catch her ride. She wondered if maybe she really did have a fairy God-Mother or Father out there. Shrugging her shoulders she smiled and headed to the car. Time to see if they really could turn an ugly duckling into a swan. 


Who could it be!?!?!? Lol  I'm going to up load  3 chapters tonight, because I'm not sure when I'll be updating again... It shouldn't be long but I want to give my loyal readers there man of choice in the next couple of chapters a chance to shine.

Blackviolet ! Welcome and thank you for subscribing ... please comment if  you'd like they are always welcome.

As for my silent readers and the ones who shout out sometimes thank you for continuing to read and I hope you enjoy ! *hugs and kisses*

Lasey