Pre-Graduation

SNSD Goes To School

The nine girls sat side by side on the floor, silently humming the playing music on the background. They were now on Jessica’s room, not school, as school had ended three days ago.

“Say,” Tiffany broke the silence. Sunny silently thanked her for that, as she wasn’t in the mood for doing her role as an ice breaker with Sooyoung. The taller girl had lots on her mind right now, and with her breaking down an hour ago they wouldn’t be surprised to see her so calm. “Where do you want to go after this?”

“I thought I made it clear a year ago,” Yoona said with a giggle. “I will enrol on Daeyoung… Considering my grades are enough for that.” Yoona smiled as she saw her friend’s goofy grin, but her smile faltered as she noticed a bitter smile on both Sooyoung’s and Jessica’s face and was very intrigued to ask, but judging from the small tug on her short sleeve, Yoona held it back.

Yuri grinned at her ‘twin’. “NeungGok. And the same reason.” And they high-fived.

“Well I hope you succeed there!” Taeyeon said cheerfully. “Hyunnie and I will enrol Jeonju Arts High School. Right my little ert?” Tiffany shot her a glare, mainly because she was the one who responsible on corrupting Seohyun’s mind. But to her horror and amusement, Seohyun nodded eagerly. The youngest hingfived the oldest with the similar erted smile.

The others facepalmed.

“How ‘bout you guys?”

“I signed up on a Beijing’s High School.” Hyoyeon said with a grin. “My grades are above the standards, you see.”

“SLIGHTLY above the standard you mean?” Sooyoung joked, and Hyoyeon replied by hitting the taller girl on her arm. The other seven smiled. “As you guys see,” Sooyoung cleared . “I have already sign up on South Korea Highschool as well as a Private school on Japan.” Her friends held their breath, ready to take the worst possible bad news. “I’m accepted to both!”

Instead of cheering, the eight yelled in disagreement. Few months ago Sooyoung told them that she would apply to either South Korea Highschool or a Private School on Japan. If she got accepted on both, there is chance that she would choose to continue her study on Japan. Hyoyeon pointed out that it was impossible for Sooyoung to get accepted on both, considering Sooyoung is both sloth on body and brain (but magically accepted on SK Middle School), and so an enraged Sooyoung made a bet.

Which she won epically.

Huh.

She should have charged her phone earlier.

Damn it, her friends’ unwillingness amused her greatly. She wished she had a phone full of battery to capture her friends’ face.

Sooyoung gave them a smug grin, her hand had already upturned. “And that is 900 won ladies and gentlemen!” She laughed as they reluctantly gave her their 900 won. Yuri and Seohyun were the most unwilling, and Sooyoung could swear that the two muttering a stream of curses. Not a surprise, really.

The total was 7200 won. Quite a small amount of money, but at least she could buy three packs of ramyeon.

Definitely worth it.

“Another good news everyone?” Hyoyeon asked, a little bit annoyed. They all grumbled. Yes they were that stingy.

Sunny shared a look with Tiffany and Jessica. “Aside from me, Tiffany, and this ice block here (Jessica kicked Sunny in the face, or about to if Sooyoung wasn’t interfering) will attending SM Private Academy, no.”

“Holy sugar honey ice tea! How come?!” Yoona squawked. Sure she knew the three of them were one of the most intelligent in their class, but she didn’t know that they could be this extreme. SM Private Academy was one of the best Academy in South Korea, and entering it clearly wasn’t easy. Rumours had said that you need to have tall body (at least 160 cm for girls and 170 cm for boys), at least excelled in one subject, and IQ above 130. After you got accepted, you need to undergo another test. The test was an essay and only had 5 questions.

Yoona could only stare at them in disbelief, completely didn’t believe that the three could do such feat. She could believe Sunny (Even though she was short) and Tiffany entering such school, as they were one of the Math and Science ‘Masters’. But Jessica?  

Jessica who noticed Yoona’s stare winked at her and to Tiffany. “Because we are absolutely fantastic.” Tiffany nodded and pointed her finger to Yoona. “Oh and your Madagascar reference is horrible, you know. Use for short.” She said with a devilish smile.

As much as Taeyeon liked Tiffany’s smile, Taeyeon couldn’t help but to have an urge to slap her lips. Because it creep her out, really.

“Yeah that cursing is lame,” Yuri mused. “Like you.”

Chaos ensued

Apparently Sooyoung and Hyoyeon were protecting Yuri from a Satan possessed Yoona aka a PMS Yoong (who was desperately being held by three girls: Seohyun hugging her from behind, Jessica and Tiffany holding her arms that were ready to wring Yuri’s neck), Taeyeon was desperately trying to find any kind of book (that should be sufficient for a replacement of a Bible, but no offence for Christians), and Sunny was performing Satan exorcism to Yoona when Krystal walked in with a tray of orange juice with Nicole.

Yeah, they forgot Nicole.

It was awkward, naturally.

“What the f—“ Krystal stopped talking as suddenly Yoona’s eyes snapped to her, and she took a mental note that Yoona is clearly out of her mind right now. Yoona would never glower at her. Either because Krystal had always been unaffected of such thing (Except Jessica and her mum, their father can’t glower at her at all) or Yoona was too scared to do such thing. But right now, Krystal’s serious, her stare clearly creeped her out. Totally, hundred percent creepier than her own ice glare and blizzard stare Jessica had combined.

Krystal was awfully impressed, honestly.

Nicole quickly secured the drink on a protected table, and began to assist her daft friends on attempting an ‘exorcism’ on Yoona.

“Be gone demon!” Sunny yelled, holding the book Taeyeon had found. Jessica’s room was vacant of any kind of books so Taeyeon had to look for a book of Krystal’s bedroom. Sometimes Taeyeon wondered why Jessica always gets an A or at least B+ on her report cards. Jessica hardly had any books. Aside from 7 Harry Potter books and some neat rows of Sailor Moon (She had complete collection) and Detective Conan manga, Jessica had none. And since the books were neatly arranged (and put on top of the bookshelf), Taeyeon didn’t dare to touch it. Like William Congreve said,

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. Touch it, she would be dead.

“Here it is!” Taeyeon hastily gave a book to Sunny. Sunny immediately ‘read’ the book clumsily—upside down.

“I command you—WHAT THE HELL IS THIS KIM TAEYEON?!”

Taeyeon could only cry in pain when the thick book hit her forehead. Well she took the book mainly because it had y models as the cover.

“I don’t want to take those neat Sailor Moon books thank you very much!” She retaliated, still rubbing her red forehead and pride. She was sure that Sunny’s arms are short, so why did she got hit? Oh right… Her aim was magnificent.

Jessica’s eyes glistened at the sudden mention of her collections. “DON’T YOU DARE TO TOUCH MY BOOKS.”

“IT’S COMIC, YOU ICE BLOCK!” Yuri yelled at her rival, completely forgotten that Yoona was still yearned to kill her.

“SHUT UP YOU GORILLA PRAT!”

“WHAT DID YOU SAY YOU POPSICLE?!”

“PIPSQUEAK!”

“SHAVED ICE!”

“YOU DARE HUH?”

“BRING IT ON!”

The YulSic began to shout each other—angrily, also completely forgotten they had ‘duty’ to fulfil. Yoona grinned as she successfully broke free from Jessica, and launched herself to wring Yuri’s neck. (Un)fortunately Seohyun was still clinging to Yoona.

“BE GONE DEMOOONNNN!!!” Seohyun shouted with all of her might, spraying waters to Yoona. “LEAVE MY YOONGIE ALOOONEE…Uh…”

Awkward.

YulSic were head to head, still glaring at each other; Sunny and Taeyeon were wrestling because of the book; Seohyun was holding Yoona’s shirt while spraying some water from Jessica’s unused perfume; Hyoyeon, Sooyoung, Tiffany, Krystal, and Nicole were watching Game of Thrones when Mr and Mrs Jung opened the door.

The nine of them noticed their presence, while their oldest daughter did not. The two were too busy trying to poke each other’s eye, sadly.

The two parents jawdropped, then hurriedly closed the door.

--

So

This is the last chapter of SGTS...

Since I'll be graduating in a few days and so this Middle Schooler story has to end...

Thank you so much for commenting, reviewing, upvoting, and subscribing y'all...

I think I'll add an epilogue, when they are already graduated from Highschool and have a get together.. But I always write something that I experienced myself with my Muse--my friends... So if in the future I'm still in a awkward-bad term with them, I think I won't add the epilogue..

 

But don't worry though! I will write their journey on Highschool after I entered one, since I don't know how they work._.

Oh and with the other story, WHAT THE is on hiatus right now. My computer broke down and all data (EVEN THOUGH I DID A BACK UP) lost. Not a single damn thing saved. Screw this.

SO YEAH. SEE YOU GUYS ON MY OTHER STORIES AND SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT AND LONG AUTHOR NOTE. OH IF YOU DON'T MIND, CAN YOU CHECK OUT MY FRIEND'S STORY? I OWE HER LOTS.

Here's the link,

https://www.wattpad.com/story/53277019-behind-the-closed-door-vkook

She has the asianfanfic one, but I don't think its already been updated... since I checked it a minute ago.

Sayonara, love!