Nine

I wished I knew
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Take it. Before I regret this decision, take it."

Junhyung and Dongwoon turned towards the sudden intrusion of a voice unfamiliar to them but not unheard of. 
Their eyes met with the pair of downcast of Leo, who had a hand outstretched towards them with a handphone on it.

"Don't ask, just take it, delete it on your own and you can go to Yoseob to tell him the good news."

Dongwoon was the first to snap out of the state of shock and he snatched the phone hurriedly, open the file and deleted it instantly, showing Junhyung the empty folder after that.
Junhyung nodded, his mouth still slightly agape and turned to Leo slowly, "But..."

"I said don't ask. Now give me back my phone." Leo ordered, his head now turned away from the two and his hand waving impatiently for the phone to be returned.
When Dongwoon placed the phone on his hand, the man walked briskly away immediately.
Junhyung gestured for Dongwoon to stay and he stood up hastily, running to Leo in a staggered manner, his mind still running with much thoughts.

When he caught up with Leo, he reached for his shoulders but was shrugged away rudely.
Raising his hands in a surrendering manner, Junhyung spoke slowly, enunciating his words clearly so that Leo would hear even if he was a few steps away already.
"Why did you do that?" 

Leo turned a little, his fringe shadowing his eyes, making it hard for Junhyung to decipher the man's emotions and expression.
"You don't need to care. Just go get your happily ever after."

Shaking his head and crossing his arms, Junhyung tilted his chin upwards slightly, "This concerns me. I want to care. 
What make you give up so easily? Why--"

A punch flew into his face, shutting him up. 
Trying to remain calm as he rubbed the little blood away from the corner of his lips, Junhyung stood back in place, now directly facing Leo who has fully turned and was glaring hard at Junhyung now.

"Don't", Leo whispered softly but vehemently, "Don't you dare say that I give up easily."

"Fine, then tell me. Why?" 

Leo looked up at Junhyung instantly, his eyes narrowed and his lips shaped in a snarl, "Because this is something I can never win."

"What?"

Sighing and loosening his expression a little, Leo bore holes in Junhyung's eyes, "This. What you and Yoseob have. I can't take it away.
Two weeks ago, after I sent him home in his drunken stupor, I went home and I couldn't fall asleep no matter how much I will myself to.
In fact, I've not been having a good sleep for a long while.

Since then, every time I look for him during your rehearsals and practices, I see his eyes from that night.
The alcohol released all the inhibitions he had been holding on and that night, I saw his soul.

I remember those eyes when he told me that he was the undeserving one, one who didn't deserve love.
I told him that he was beautiful and perfect, that he shouldn't say such things about himself.
But it did nothing to comfort him. His eyes still remained sad and lost.
Then there were those eyes when he told me that he love you.
He was the one experiencing the heart break and he was the one suffering but I felt my heart breaking for him..."

Junhyung watched as Leo's eyes were now glossy, filling up with tears. 
He did not know what to say, did not know how to comfort the man.
He didn't even know if he was mad at this man, if he should be angry with him or if he should pity him.

"Today, I know it was his off day so I went to look for him.
To force him to act as usual, to pretend that the relationship was real.
But then, I had to bump into you right at the entrance of the building.
You didn't even noticed me, in fact, I don't know if you even see anything at all.

I hated that moment.
Because I saw the exact same broken soul in your eyes. Identical to that of Yoseob's that drunken night.
I could have ignored you, I really didn't care about you at all.
But I had to see your maknae running after you and curiosity got the better of me."

Leo inhaled deeply and gazed sadly into the ground, "I regretted it. I regretted following.
If I didn't, I wouldn't have to see you breaking down in that manner.

I wouldn't have to hear that you were actually fully aware of the plan and chose to give up your love for Yoseob.
I wouldn't have to hear the exact same words that Yoseob always says leaving your lips.
That if another was happy, the other would also be happy.

Then I realised. All these while, all the acting and pretending. It wasn't a show for you and the rest of the members.
It was a show just for me.
For me to be a little happy and proud to have Yoseob as mine, for me to feel loved by the man I love."

"Leo..." Junhyung started, feeling extremely sorry for the broken looking man now.

"Don't", Leo raised a palm out, "Don't pity me. I don't need it. When I've decided to allow you to delete the video, I know I'll regret it.
Don't treat me as a friend cause when I get better, I'll be back with a better plan."

"Why can't you just let go? You cannot force love."

"I know that. But I can't, I can't let go of Yoseob. He cared for me and saved me even when I've done all these to him. 
He's the only light in my entire dark life and although I'm giving him back to you now, don't you dare let down your guard.
Because now, I'm allowing myself to be a little more soft hearted. But I'm telling you, once I get over this, get over being nice.
I'll come back. And I, always get what I want." 
Turning away, Leo strode away quickly, not looking back once, not wanting Junhyung to see the tears that were falling out of his eyes.

Junhyung watched him leave, the wind blowing against him, the leaves rustling above him.
He stood there, a little bewildered and confused by the turn of events.
He knew from Leo's words that this was not the end and yet, it seemed like... he was free to confess to Yoseob.
Was it true? 

He felt a little pat on his head and he turned to see Dongwoon grinning like a mad man at him. 
Startled by the crazed look, he moved a few steps back defensively.

"Hyung! What are you waiting for?! Go get Yoseob and confess already!!!" 

"What... But... I... Can I?"

Rolling his eyes, Dongwoon kicked him at his shin, "Of course you can! Don't waste any more time! Go!" 

Junhyung blinked his eyes once, 

twice,

thrice.

A smile slowly formed on his face as realisation slowly came to him.
The smile soon became so wide that his face looked like it was about to split into two.
Moving a few more steps back, Junhyung turned and started jogging before breaking into a full fledge sprint back to their dorm.
This was it. 
This was the miracle that he had wished would happen.
He was going to confess to Yoseob and nothing is going to hinder him anymore.

When his unfit legs finally brought him to the bottom of the building, he frantically pressed on the lift's button repeatedly.
Impatient with the speed, he decided to just take the stairs and he ran up two steps at a time until he finally reached the dorm's level.

After fumbling with his keys and cursing a little for awhile due to his anxiety, he ran into the dorm, straight for the living room, shouting for Yoseob.
While he stopped to catch his breath at the living room, he did a quick scan.
All the members except Dongwoon, who was probably trying to catch up with him, and Yoseob were there.

Frowning, he immediately questioned the rest, "Where's Seobie?"

Hyunseung shot him a glare and was rising from the couch, looking like he was about to pounce at Junhyung and break his neck.
Kikwang immediately jumped on his back, pulling him back down to the couch and whispered calming words to calm the murderous looking man.
Doojoon sighed, placed the magazine he was flipping through on the table, and stood up, looking at Junhyung seriously at eye level.

"You said you'll be back at 6. Isn't it too early? Seungie here is mad pissed and I think it's better if you give him some time to calm down."

"Where's Seobie?" Junhyung asked again, completely uninterested in any other angsty member and oblivious to the forced politeness the leader was using in his tone of speech.

Hyunseung exploded, "He left! The moment you moved your cowardly, secret-hiding out of this dorm, Yoseob started cry

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter