Two

I wished I knew
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoseob swung his legs off the bed and dragged himself to the bathroom to freshen up.
His eyes met the eyes of his reflection and he gave out a depressing sigh.
Just yesterday, he had woken up and was excited for the day as he had always been.
Everything was fine before he knew anything, before he realised anything.

He wanted to blame Doojoon for raising the possibility and for awakening the sleeping secret in him.
However, he knew that the leader was only quickening the process as it was only a matter of time that he would figure it out on himself.
Figure that what he had for Junhyung wasn't purely friendship and it wasn't what he wanted to believe was merely strong brotherhood.

Splashing his face with cold water, he quickly washed up and dressed up.
He was eager to head for their dance practice, even before it was supposed to start so that his mind would not be occupied with thoughts of Junhyung.
When he opened the bathroom door, he walked right smack into someone's hard chest.

Looking up, a smile was immediately planted on his face and he forced out a cheery voice, "Junnie, you're back!"
Junhyung nodded, hummed in reply and gave a tired smile before entering the bathroom, closing it behind him, leaving Yoseob standing alone outside.

Turning his head back a little, Yoseob stared at the cold, white door of the bathroom and inhaled deeply. 
This was how it was going to be like in the future. 
Everything was going to be like the past, just that Yoseob was now aware of his own feelings and must take more steps to prevent it from showing until it finally fades away.

He wished that he was still sleeping, that he wasn't the one who had to see Junhyung's tired face.
He wished that he had not smelled the scent of a woman on Junhyung and that he had not seen the lipstick stain on his neck.
When sleeping, he could still have dreams, he could still believe in dreams.
When awake, it was like a nightmare as he had no idea how to continue being the same old friend when he knows of his own feelings now.

Slowly walking away from the bathroom, Yoseob went back into the room and grabbed his bagpack, wanting to leave the dorm as soon as he could.
As he opened the front door, a hand on his shoulder stopped him from taking another step forward.

"Heading for dance practice first?" 

Nodding his head in silence, Yoseob looked away, not wanting to meet the eyes of the leader as he felt a strong sense of guilt.
Suddenly, he felt a gentle grip on his chin and he was forced to look into the caring eyes of Doojoon.

"Your feelings should not make you feel bad towards any of us. No one can control their own feelings and who they fall for.
However, Seobie ah, you must remember that we all love you and we hope that whatever happens, you will come to us.
I will not be tolerant of any guilt or unneccessary thoughts that your feelings might burden or affect our group."

Nodding his head, still in silence, Yoseob gave a genuine, grateful smile to the leader who smiled back in return. 
This was why Doojoon was the best leader to him. He was always professional but empathetic, straightforward but tactful.

"What are you two doing?" 

Junhyung's voice broke the peaceful and calming moment between the two as they looked away from one another.
Doojoon released his hand from Yoseob's face who already had the same bright smile plastered on, "I'm heading off for practice first. Doojoonie was about to tell me the schedule for the day."

The leader frowned at the smaller male, mildly surprised by his brilliant acting skills for if he had not just seen the sad eyes of Yoseob, he would not have known that the jollity was just a false front.
However, he had promised Yoseob to not let Junhyung know of his feelings and so he faked a smile himself and ruffled Yoseob's hair, "Go get breakfast, take a walk in the park. Practice only starts in two hours so you have time to relax yourself and sort your thoughts out." 

"Why? Seobie, are you facing any problems? Why do you need to sort your thoughts out?" Junhyung asked.
He wasn't dumb and he wasn't blind. It was evident that his best friend was upset and that the leader knows what exactly was going on. 
Yet, he did not want to expose these two as he knew that Yoseob would tell him what was on his mind when he was ready to.
Just like he always had.

Yoseob shook his head furiously and stuck his hands out, both palms facing the other two males. 
"I'm fine, I'm fine. I just feel a little suffocated here so I'm going out for a breather. Don't worry about me."

With that, he adjusted his bagpack on his shoulders, winked at them and closed the front door behind him.
Running down the stairs, not even bothering to wait for the lift, he reached the ground floor and held his hand to his heart, catching his breath.
He slapped himself on the forehead with his other free hand, angry with himself for being so flustered when around Junhyung now. 
Everything was normal and comfortable yesterday, but now, now he was just uptight and in a frenzy. 
Putting on his face mask and cap, he shook his head to gain some composure before heading out of their dorm's building.

In the dorm, still facing the closed front door, Junhyung gave a dull gaze at Doojoon.
"Spill. What do you know?" he questioned the leader with a poker face. 
In fact, it was not a question, it was more of an order. Junhyung wanted answers and he knew Doojoon knows it.

The leader held his ground though and walked past him, brushing against his shoulder slightly, 
"I'm in no position to spill anything and he would tell when he's ready or when the time is right." 

Clucking his tongue, Junhyung watched Doojoon's fading back disgruntedly but not probing for more because he knew how Yoseob was like.
That what Doojoon had said, it was right, that Yoseob would eventually tell him when he was ready. 
Shrugging to himself, he walked towards their bedroom, hoping to catch an hour of sleep at least before practice.

------

Yoseob was leaning against a tree, his eyes closed, seemingly in bliss with an opened bag of chips lying beside him and a half filled bottle of banana milk on his other side.
In the silence from the empty park, his ears began to catch on the sounds of the wind rustling gently through the leaves of the tress.
The light fluttering of the wings of the birds that flew overhead brought him more peace and the music the blowing wind was creating made him feel so much at ease and so calm. 
He was glad that he had taken Doojoon's suggestion and arrived at the park.

After awhile, he  felt something tickling his eyelashes and he fidgetted awhile, hoping it was just a fly but when the tickling continued, he growled and opened his eyes, glaring at whatever was supposedly bothering him.
His sharp glare immediately softened to a surprise, innocent look when he realised it was Dongwoon who sitting in front of him now, grinning as he held on to a leaf, obviously having used it to tickle Yoseob.

Shifting the bag of chips to his other side, Yoseob patted the patch of grass beside him, gesturing for Dongwoon to sit beside him who in turn, gladly scrambled over and sat comfortably in place.

"Why are you out here and bothering me?" Yoseob asked lightly.

Dongwoon looked ahead of him, at the beautiful greenery that decorated the park, and his lips curled slightly into a smile, "Because I just didn't feel good leaving you alone when I see you looking so down just now while Doojoon hyung was talking to you at the door just now."

"You were there? So... you know I have feelings for someone?"

"Even if I didn't overhear your conversation this morning, I know you are in love with Junhyung hyung." Dongwoon replied matter-of-factly, like it was the most natural thing on earth.

Yoseob frowned slightly and started pulling on the grass that surrounded them, "Was I that obvious?"

"You are. Junhyung hyung too." 

"Darn and I thought I... wait... what?"

Dongwoon turned and finally faced Yoseob who was wide eyed now, "You and Junhyung hyung are so obvious."

"Hold it there", Yoseob raised a hand to stop Dongwoon from continuing, "Junnie and I are really just friends. It's one sided. We are not in a relationship."

Dongwoon started laughing mockingly at Yoseob who was growing more annoyed at the tearing maknae, "Hyung, I know you two aren't together. What I am trying to say is that your feelings for one another is so obvious although you both are oblivious to it. Well, at least you know it now. It's just a matter of time for Junhyung hyung to realise it too."

Staring at Dongwoon like he had sprouted an extra head, Yoseob frowned, "Dongwoonie, I think you've gotten it all wrong. Everyone finds me liking Junnie obvious cause of what I always do. That's all. Junnie has nothing for me."

Sighing in exasperation, Dongwoon rolled his eyes and challenged Yoseob, "They are all as blind as you and Junhyung hyung. Trust me, I'm the most observant of the group. Today, notice Junhyung hyung. And I don't mean like how you always gaze at him lovingly and stuff. I mean, compare how he treats you and how he treats the rest. It's different and NO!" Dongwoon raised his voice before he could get interrupted by Yoseob who was about to argue back at him, "No it's not just because you are his best friend. Nobody treats their best friends that way. Do it, and i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter