One

I wished I knew
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yoseob! We are going for dinner! Joining us?" 

The pint sized singer frowned a little, thinking hard, before shaking his head and smiling at the leader, "Nah, you guys go ahead! I'll give it a miss!" 

Doojoon sighed, one arm still holding on to the opened door, "Drop us a message on what you would like to have. We will buy it for you."

"It's alright! I can take care of myself, hyung!" Not wanting to trouble them, Yoseob laughed as he turned and was about to skip away, back to the couch to watch his drama.

"What if Junhyung comes back late? You're not going to eat for the whole night then?" 

Yoseob froze on the spot, knowing that the leader would never give up, and looked back, smiling at Doojoon, "I'll message you if he isn't back by 8 alright?" 

Satisfied with the answer, the leader nodded and finally exited from the dorm, shutting the door tightly behind him.

Shuffling slowly to the couch, Yoseob absentmindedly reached for the remote control and sunk deep into the couch. 
His stomach was growling and he was extremely tempted to join the rest of the members for dinner.
However, he remembered that Junhyung was still in the recording studio and that if he returned to find no one available to accompany him for dinner, he would just eat whatever junk food he can lay his hands on in the dorm.

Therefore, as Junhyung's best friend, Yoseob waited. 
He waited and waited and waited, growing impatient by the minute as he watched the clock ticked by. 
As the hour hand finally reached the number eight, he reached for his phone and sent a message to Doojoon, stating his orders. 
He contemplated for a moment and asked for double the portion, just in case Junhyung really had not have his dinner.

It was a little past nine when the members finally returned home.
Yoseob heaved a huge sigh of relief and scrambled to them, grabbing the bag of food from Dongwoon and unwrapping his dinner on the dining table.
As he begin hungrily shoving food into his mouth, the other members all eyed him in a disapproving manner.

"What?" He asked with his mouth full.

Kikwang pulled out a chair and sat beside Yoseob, scratching his head nervously, as if struggling hard to formulate words out of his mouth.

"What?" Yoseob repeated, swallowing his food and pausing in his eating, giving his full attention to the worrying behavior of Kikwang.

"Seob ah, you have to stop being so nice to Junnie hyung. 
He's the one who chose to not have his phone , he's the one who chose to not come home in time for dinner.
Every time you wait aimlessly for him just to accompany him for dinner, we all feel bad for you."

  Yoseob watched as the other members nodded their heads in agreement before grinning at all of them, "Aren't you all the sweetest things?
It's alright! I'm doing this willingly! I just don't want to feel bad when I see Junnie eating alone or eating food that are not even meant to be food." 

"But Seobie... You are starving from doing this! Why don't you just eat with us and buy back for Junnie next time?" Hyunseung whined, obviously upset with Yoseob's answer.

Nodding his head obediently, Yoseob beamed at them all, "Fine, I know you all don't like to see me, your cutest member, starving and suffering alone. 
Here's what we'll do. I'll go down to get some food for myself and come back up quickly for you all to go for dinner just in case Junnie comes back early and sees no one."

Groaning in annoyance, all the members gathered around Yoseob and shook him lightly, "We want you to eat with us comfortably! To chat and chill, not caring about what time you have to be home and babysit that workaholic member of ours!" 

"Fine, fine! Why not we all buy back and eat up here together?" Yoseob suggested seriously, trying to find the best way to satisfy all s who were obviously flustered and agitated by him.

"Yang Yo Seob!" Doojoon exclaimed in disbelief, "Can you just... for once, stop thinking for others, for Yong Jun Hyung?" 

"Why can't he think for me?" A deep, tired voice sounded off from the door of their dorm.

Yoseob turned and his face glowed immediately at the sight of his best friend. 
Partially wanting to escape from the other members, Yoseob jumped off his seat and ran to Junhyung, patting him on the back lightly.

"You look terrible! Take a break! Have you eaten yet? The rest bought food back for us and I'm just starting to eat mine! Eat with me!"

Junhyung smiled weakly at the excited small male hopping around him and ruffled his hair, "Nah, I'm feeling pretty sick so I'm gonna head to bed straight. 
You eat my share for me okay? You're getting smaller and smaller that I think you might just disappear one day!" 

With that, everyone watched as Junhyung slowly lumbered to the room, closing the door behind him, probably changing into a comfortable set of sleeping clothes before heading to his bed.
They were about to comfort Yoseob for being rejected for his good and caring thoughts but the sighing and pouting from Yoseob did not seem to be for the lack of a dinner partner or for the extra food.

"Do we have medicine at home?" He asked the rest quietly, his eyebrows furrowed together, seemingly deep in thoughts. 

"Hyung..." Dongwoon started, knowing exactly what Yoseob was thinking of and very unwilling to let Yoseob do what he thinks he was about to do.

Grabbing a jacket, Yoseob started putting on his shoes, ready to head outside, "I'll be out for awhile! Be back soon, so don't even think of stealing my food!"
He gave the rest of the members a toothy grin and a cheeky wink, slipping out of the dorm before anybody could say anything and before anybody would stop him.
Jogging slightly to the lift, he pressed the button and tapped his foot impatiently while waiting for the elevator to arrive.

He felt someone patting his right shoulder and turned, but saw no one.
Then he felt someone patting his left shoulder and turned, but saw no one again.
Annoyed, he turned his body fully and met the cat eyes of the leader, who was covering his mouth, trying to muffle his own laughter.

"What are you doing?" He demanded, amused but also mildly displeased by Doojoon's weird behavior.

Doojoon straightened up and placed an arm over Yoseob, guiding him into the elevator the moment the door opened, "Protecting you from the danger that the night brings."

Yoseob laughed and leaned against Doojoon's shoulder, "Thank you". 
He knew it was pointless to argue and reject Doojoon's kind act because that's how their leader was.
Forever so kind, concern and caring.

They were chatting casually while heading to the pharmacy and promptly left when they have gotten the necessary medicine.
As they were on their way home, Doojoon asked quietly, "Why do you treat Junhyung so differently?"

Yoseob frowned and stared at Doojoon peculiarly, "Do I?" 

"Yes, you do. Everything Junhyung needs or wants, you would predict it or you would go get it, no matter how inconvenient it is for you."

Giggling to himself, Yoseob p
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter