Thirteen

I wished I knew
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  The Beast members were at a complete loss of what to do and had returned to Cube to question Mr Jung who was still having a talk with their CEO.
However, Mr Jung himself was alarmed that Leo would break the law and actually kidnap Yoseob.
He had admitted that he had implemented plenty of underhand methods to try to be the CEO of Cube but he would never do things that they were illegal.
True, he was sneaky and cunning but he wasn't one who would commit crimes.

That proved to not be of any form of comfort for the members, especially Junhyung, as they were now unsure of how to track Leo down.
Mr Jung had tried calling Leo but to no avail and had revealed Leo's initial plan to break up the members when CEO Hong had flared up in the office. 
Nobody dared move nor speak when CEO Hong was this angry. 
"I'll give you a chance on account of our past friendship. You have 12 hours to track Leo down and bring back Yoseob to us. 
After these 12 hours, if Yoseob is still missing, I'm involving the cops on this."

Mr Jung was filled with gratitude at CEO Hong's words as he had feared that this incident would mean the end for his son.
Kidnapping was a serious crime and Mr Jung did not want his only son to spend many wasteful years behind bars.
As he scurried off to gather his resources and people to look for his son, the other members glared accusingly at him.

The door closed and CEO Hong finally stood up from his seat and walked towards Junhyung, patting his back in a fatherly manner.
"Why didn't you tell me about you and Yoseob?"

"I... We... It didn't occur to us since we just started out. 
So many things happened before we finally got together and so, I guess we just got caught up in just being with one another that it slipped out of our minds to inform you. Sorry..."

"Don't be sorry. I'm happy for the both of you. Don't worry too much. 
I've watched how Leo grew up and as young boy, he was and probably still is determined and competitive but he has a good heart.
Maybe even better than his father." CEO Hong chuckled as his eyes gazed afar, seemingly reminiscing the happier times with his ex best friend.

"Would it be possible if you and Mr Jung actually mended your friendship? It seems like what you guys had were really strong and now, at this states, it's like a waste." Junhyung asked as he noted the wistfulness and melancholy that had surrounded the CEO.

"I've always been ready to welcome him back as a friend.  He's the competitive one." The CEO spoke as he wiped the invisible dust off his knees and rose to his full height, "I'll leave you guys here awhile for my meeting since I don't want one of the company's group to be out looking so sullen and upset. When I'm back for the meeting, we will talk more on how you guys would like me to help if an idea pops out."

The door opened and closed again, leaving the members all staring at one another except for Junhyung was now staring blankly ahead of him.
Doojoon took a seat beside him, arms around him and whispered, "Jun, Seob would be fine. That imp is tough and smart, he wouldn't let anything happen to him."

"Yeah... Yoseob hyung might have already escaped and is making his way back to us! 
In fact, the 12 hours giving to Mr Jung was probably an overestimation! He would be back in your arms way before that!" Dongwoon added positively, trying to spread his optimism to the rapper who wasn't responding at all. 

"Don't you all realise? That Leo could possibly have went mad?
Even his father does not what is going on and why his son behaving so irrationally and rashly.

While I could try to convince myself that Leo is like last time where no matter how he forced Seobie to act as his boyfriend, he wouldn't force him to do more, to give his body. 
But now, it's different. Leo kidnapped Seobie in broad daylight, in a public area so near to Cube!

I don't know and don't care about what he wants.
But right now, Seobie must be terrified and he is someone who trusts almost anyone and everyone easily.
That's all I care about.." Junhyung trailed off as he rubbed his face roughly with his palms, frustrated with the lack of progress and how it seemed like there is really nothing they could do.

His heart ached as he thought of how it was just this morning when he had spent such a blissful moment with Yoseob on the couch and the bashful smile he gave when he promised Junhyung that he would be waiting for him in the dorm with open arms.
Right now, all that Junhyung wanted was to feel Yoseob's body against him, to cocoon his love in arms.
He stared at his open palms and frowned. They looked too empty and held no purpose without Yoseob's ones accompanying them.

------

"Where are you driving me to?" Yoseob asked, frowning at his tied hands and aching head from having just regain consciousness.

Leo shrugged casually and continued driving without even a glance to the singer, "It depends."

Yoseob sighed and looked at Leo, his eyes concerned and innocent, completely void of accusation or anger.
Leo stopped the car at the side of the road as he felt the stare and was mildly taken aback by the lack of animosity from his captive.
"What?" 

"Leo, I really have no idea why would you do this and what do you think you can achieve out of this but the one who's going to get hurt at the end of this is you."

"Why do you have to act like you care about me when you don't?" Leo asked as he stared deeply into Yoseob's eyes, trying to detect any lie or wavering of heart but he couldn't see anything except sincerity and genuineness.

Yoseob challenged the gaze and spoke confidently, "Just because I don't love you doesn't mean I don't care about you. 
I've told you, you can be a friend of mine if you can get over the fact that that's all we will ever be. 
I would not lie to you that I'm afraid, that I'm fearful of what you would do to me.
I have no control over what do you want to do to me, I would not have the strength to stop you if you want to take my body.
But at the end of the day, when this is all over, I know that I would not have let myself down because I still love Junhyung and I never would regret it. And I know him, he would still accept me and maybe even love me more, protect me even more. 
While you, you may have claimed my body as you said that you would, but you are essentially left with nothing.
You wouldn't have my heart. You wouldn't have my friendship because how am I to not hate you if you were to force me to do such a thing?
You wouldn't have anyone. In fact, you would have guilt, pain and bad memories. 

You're not a bad man, Leo. You are not heartless and you have a conscience. 
If not, why would you delete the video after seeing Junhyung and I being so broken? 
And that's why I know how terrible you would feel at the end of this.

Right now, your impulsiveness is triggered by your desire to win, your competitiveness.
But are you really winning? Are you really happier from doing this?"

Leo looked away from the inquiring gaze, his heart pounding hard against his chest as he felt so exposed, so raw in front of Yoseob's eyes.
He felt like the man could read him like a book and he couldn't ignore the warm feeling surging in him for someone to finally understand him, to bother to care for him in such a manner. 
He hated the truth and yet, he couldn't deny that whatever Yoseob was saying was indeed the truth.
He wanted to reject it but he couldn't. 
This was the exact reason why he fell even deeper for Yoseob, past the superficial stage of just liking him because of his sparkling large eyes, that wide innocent smile and the soft fair skin.
If Yoseob had not shown him the simple joy in having a meal at a rundown, inexpensive dining place, the unexpected surprise of being happy after giving up something for someone who needs the thing more, the carefree heart of forgiving everyone easily, he would not have fell so deep for the singer.

Suddenly, he felt something warm covering his stray left hand. 
He stared at the tied hands of Yoseob's enveloping his hand and frowned, finally daring to look back into his eyes.
"What?" His voice hoarse and choking as his emotions continued running in him. 

"I know it isn't easy. You're struggling with your emotions and your past. 
You've not lived your life in a manner where you gave and sacrificed rather than you just take and receive." 

Leo closed his eyes to prevent any tears from falling, not wanting Yoseob to see him in a vulnerable state.
This was not his plan at all when he had brought Yoseob to the car. 
When he had seen Yoseob and Junhyung's smiles as they left the dorm, he had felt angry and certain of what he wanted.
Now, to see Yoseob speaking so calmly beside him, he was unsure and in fact, his heart was trembling.

Placing another hand atop Yoseob's that were on his, he managed to regain his composure and speak lowly, "Show me. 
Show me how Junhyung managed to capture your heart. If I did the same things, I might be able to make you fall for me."

Yoseob shook his head sadly and murmured, "It's not possible."

"Just, please. Show me."

"I don't even knew I love him until recently, how am I supposed to show you why and what made me fall for him?" 

"Your happiest memories with him, show it to me. I'll make you happier. Just, let me try", Leo asked, almost begging, as he didn't want to give up without a fight, he didn't want to lose so disgracefully.

Yoseob pondered for a moment before nodding his head, "Alright, but you have to release my tied hands. I promise I wouldn't run away or struggle. It's just hard to go about with tied hands."
Leo nodded as he untied the ropes and throwing the ropes to the back of the car, where they lay forgotten as Yoseob instructed Leo to drive to the first destination.

------

They entered a supermarket off the beaten path where it was almost empty except for some older people buying groceries. 
Yoseob grabbed a cart and started pushing it, walking ahead of Leo.
Catching up with him, Leo couldn't help but asked, "Why are we here?"

"You wanted to know of how Junhyung made me happy and so here's one of them", Yoseob replied simply as he continued pushing the cart and entering an aisle, as if it was the most natural thing to do.
He reached for a bag of chips and Leo smiled, thinking that this was too easy to be true.
He took another similar bag of chips and placed it into the cart, beside the one that Yoseob picked.
"You deserve to have another more if it makes you happy."

Yoseob merely nodded and continued pushing the cart along, zigzagging through the different aisles, piling the cart with different items. 
As they went through the supermarket, Leo added similar, more items or compliment  into the cart, certain that Yoseob would be happy to have more of those items.
When the finally reached the end of the last aisle, he smirked proudly at the filled, overflowing cart. 
One half of the side filled with things Yoseob took out from the shelf, the other filled with things Leo took. 
"You must be happier than with Junhyung right? I gave you even more than you wanted." 

"Shall I show you now how shopping with Junhyung would be like?" 

Le
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter